AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inkpink doesn't it...I don't know enough about using a prosthesis on an above-the-knee amputation but have heard it can be very uncomfortable and now we know for sure her left leg was unusable, that explains no prosthetic + crutches and only the manual wheelchair (I would still want motorised myself but guessing they're hugely expensive and maybe payout would include cost of something like this) ...meeting DH sure must register forever as her black letter day - no amount of money is ever going to make up for all that and not to mention whatever may await her in the legal justice department...IMO

Closed head injury
Loss of right leg above the knee.
Loss of use of left leg.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/seanfewster/posts/948736261829330

Defining closed head injury
This guideline uses the terms ‘closed head injury’ and ‘mild,
moderate or severe head injury’ to identify and classify
patients on arrival to hospital. The outcome following
presentation with a ‘closed head injury’ will vary from rapid
complete recovery to a mixture of structural lesions and
functional deficits ranging from trivial to life threatening.
The terms “concussion” and “traumatic brain injury” refer
to the patient outcome following their initial presentation
with a “closed head injury” and are retrospective
diagnoses. Important functional deficits following ‘closed
head injury’ range from post concussion symptoms and
post traumatic amnesia to a variety of disabling persistent
physical-cognitive-behavioural-social sequelae.
http://www.aci.health.nsw.gov.au/__...osed_Head_Injury_CPG_2nd_Ed_Full_document.pdf

Loss of use of left leg .... does raise a question as to the prosthetic leg that was left behind in 2011.

Inkpink doesn't it...I don't know enough about using a prosthesis on an above-the-knee amputation but have heard it can be very uncomfortable and now we know for sure her left leg was unusable, that explains no prosthetic + crutches and only the manual wheelchair (I would still want motorised myself but guessing they're hugely expensive and maybe payout would include cost of something like this) ...meeting DH sure must register forever as her black letter day - no amount of money is ever going to make up for all that and not to mention whatever may await her in the legal justice department...IMO

Speaking from experience (family member, not myself), I think most paraplegics with the ability to use their upper bodies, would NOT choose a motorised wheelchair. For psychological as well as physical reasons. Also, the prosthetic would have been cumbersome I would imagine, especially since it was only for aesthetic purposes.

Good point Wozzie - my sister is in a wheelchair but has to be wheeled around and just told me not only are motorised expensive but she would feel psychologically worse :(

Speaking from experience (family member, not myself), I think most paraplegics with the ability to use their upper bodies, would NOT choose a motorised wheelchair. For psychological as well as physical reasons. Also, the prosthetic would have been cumbersome I would imagine, especially since it was only for aesthetic purposes.

<modsnip>

a double cringe from me, .. ... and it is often surprisingly much more than people consider, that family of victims read websleuths.. neighbors, friends, .. god alone knows how many of Allison Baden Clay's family and friends read websleuths and sometimes participated. It's not as if this is a closed book. One very close relative was a participant on the thread about the bloke in QLD who took his child ' life.

While it may be 'fun' and fill in some idle hours to make up stuff about the victims of crime, and their extended families, it is a cruel and ultimately self defeating thing, really. One comes across as just plain dumb . This isn't 'sleuthing' this is fantasising.

Sub judice may prevent information about the person charged with the crime, and if this small courtesy cannot be extended to the victim, the memory of the victim and the victims family , then I despair. .

a double cringe from me, .. ... and it is often surprisingly much more than people consider, that family of victims read websleuths.. neighbors, friends, .. god alone knows how many of Allison Baden Clay's family and friends read websleuths and sometimes participated. It's not as if this is a closed book. One very close relative was a participant on the thread about the bloke in QLD who took his child ' life.

While it may be 'fun' and fill in some idle hours to make up stuff about the victims of crime, and their extended families, it is a cruel and ultimately self defeating thing, really. One comes across as just plain dumb . This isn't 'sleuthing' this is fantasising.

Sub judice may prevent information about the person charged with the crime, and if this small courtesy cannot be extended to the victim, the memory of the victim and the victims family , then I despair. .

:clap: :goodpost:

The fact that "you can't defame the dead" under Australian libel laws often means it is open slather for victims while the accused gets full protection. You'd have to be living under a rock in the last 24 hours to not appreciate that a massive burden of proof lays with the Prosecution. Gutted to say the least.

I've been reviewing the Murder definition in the NSW Criminal Code in a panic for LE/DPP in getting a conviction for Karlie. While there are distinct differences in the GBC and K&K cases LE/DPP have a very very very very big job ahead of them.

IMO

The fact that "you can't defame the dead" under Australian libel laws often means it is open slather for victims while the accused gets full protection. You'd have to be living under a rock in the last 24 hours to not appreciate that a massive burden of proof lays with the Prosecution. Gutted to say the least.

I've been reviewing the Murder definition in the NSW Criminal Code in a panic for LE/DPP in getting a conviction for Karlie. While there are distinct differences in the GBC and K&K cases LE/DPP have a very very very very big job ahead of them.

IMO

Huge job, Wolf, and it is not improbable that the NSW Police and DPP are hoping it all settles in the ACT, while SA hopes it is picked up and adjudicated in NSW.. the ACT folks are probably hoping that it all goes west.. because these things cost big money out of tight budgets, and it isn't a matter of any jurisdiction fighting over having the final say.. .

I've been hoping for some event or statement that puts the whole crime and all its murderous components in NSW because the NSW courts are notoriously hard, .. and NSW prisons are just horrific, no mucking about there, these days.. the fraud will be spread all over the place, Vic, NT QLD , SA, NSW, .. 1200 transactions and a suspect who thinks nothing of driving to the Alice from Adelaide for a 7 hour stopover.. (1500 kms)

If Western Australia pops up on the bank statements I wouldn't be surprised, .... from his ABN stuff, my theory is he was trying to get in to the fracking business, either straight or shady, I don't know. or , at least, appear as if he was in that line of work...

Hey Trooper, can't find your original 'double cringe' post to reply....nor the referenced post. (May have been removed).
Anyway, I read both.
I totally agree with you.
From what I remember of the surmising you were referencing, I would like to put in my 'two bob's worth' (Aussie term) and say that it has been widely and freely stated on MSN that Karlie had a loving family. We should leave it at that.

Who and where Karlie's biological father is, is irrelevant.

Karlie's step-father and step-brother made a very public tribute to her...their sentiment should be accepted and respected.

Karlie's lifestyle choices are not up to us to dissect and have absolutely no bearing on the tragic outcome. Her family and friends will no doubt read comments on social media, if not now, in the future.

Karlie and her little daughter are the victims here.

Nice work Trooper.

attachment.php

Again... Fantastic work Plongi

I'm a *visual* person so I find your maps to be very productive and useful contribution to the thread....

That is a very telling map, isn't it? Good job, plongi. :)
I don't know that the ABNs will even come into play at all when this case eventually reaches court, though.

I'm having trouble finding the link to the story where he was stopped with his young fiancé ....

But from memory there was something in that article where DH was said to have mentioned he was?? looking for accommodation in order to receive his Centrelink payments or something along those lines... anyone else remember?

So not fully understanding how the centrelink system works..... do you have to have a fixed address in order to receive your payments??

Per Plongi's Map

Did he actually move to Adelaide to be with Hazel after the accident in 2008 or stay in NT as per his ABN?

Interesting you took it to mean that the police tracked them down, I was of the belief that they called crime stoppers as per this paragraph

Police then received a second phone call from a witness who had taken photos of Khandalyce at Marion Shopping Centre in Adelaide, wearing the same pink dress found in the suitcase near her remains.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/body-dumped-at-belanglo-to-throw-police-off-track/6875768

Detective Superintendent Bray said the 1,271st caller provided a photograph showing Khandalyce in a stroller with the quilt tucked behind her head.

"I can tell you that the quilt was made by Khandalyce's grandmother, who had died before they had been located," he said.

"As a result of that information we were able to identify another person who had been closely associated with Karlie, and that person provided information in relation to meeting with her in November 2008 at Marion and provided a photograph to us."

He said that photograph "again showed Khandalyce and it showed her wearing the pink dress".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ed-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196

1267 was a call, 1271 was a call and after these calls to Crime Stoppers the person with Marion photos was identified.
Sorry, I was wrong a little bit.

That is a very telling map, isn't it? Good job, plongi. :)
I don't know that the ABNs will even come into play at all when this case eventually reaches court, though.

No I doubt it as well SA - if any further Fraud is determined using the ABN's that will be the only time it can and will be used.

Is there a Dr in the house, DrSleuth are you around?
You kindly posted a link in a previous thread regarding Amputation, I have been looking but cant seem to find it :blushing:

I'm having trouble finding the link to the story where he was stopped with his young fiancé ....

But from memory there was something in that article where DH was said to have mentioned he was?? looking for accommodation in order to receive his Centrelink payments or something along those lines... anyone else remember?

So not fully understanding how the centrelink system works..... do you have to have a fixed address in order to receive your payments??

Per Plongi's Map

Did he actually move to Adelaide to be with Hazel after the accident in 2008 or stay in NT as per his ABN?

Holdom was unemployed at the time and told police he had moved to the Central Coast a few days earlier, spending a few nights at a motel to gain an *address for Centrelink benefits.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d-mums-bank-card/story-fni6uo1m-1227588875707

Holdom was unemployed at the time and told police he had moved to the Central Coast a few days earlier, spending a few nights at a motel to gain an *address for Centrelink benefits.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d-mums-bank-card/story-fni6uo1m-1227588875707

It is strange how Holdom said that he had to have a fixed address. Maybe that is the desired condition for Centrelink to pay a person, but there is discussion at another forum about someone being paid by Centrelink into their bank account even though they no longer had a fixed address. Perhaps you need a fixed address to sign up for Centrelink, but can become homeless/transient after benefits start coming through and future benefits are not affected?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2430354

It is strange how Holdom said that he had to have a fixed address. Maybe that is the desired condition for Centrelink to pay a person, but there is discussion at another forum about someone being paid by Centrelink into their bank account even though they no longer had a fixed address. Perhaps you need a fixed address to sign up for Centrelink, but can become homeless/transient after benefits start coming through and future benefits are not affected?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2430354

I'm sure many homeless people are on Centrelink benefits - how does that work then?

I'm sure many homeless people are on Centrelink benefits - how does that work then?

Maybe homeless shelters or other charity organisations provide an address (theirs) for some homeless people to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics