AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the hire company Puggle.

‘There’s something peculiar about this matter... two children were killed in this collision but the claim does not refer to that,’ Master Mark Rice said.
‘She’s entitled to damages for the deaths of the children, as well as burial and funeral costs, in the ordinary course.’
Master Rice recommended Ms Passmore change her claim to include the deaths of her two children.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...former-partner-car-crash-left-wheelchair.html

"There has been a lot of press about this lady and the defendant, when I looked at the statement of claim I thought there must be another accident but there isn't, there is only one.
"It just doesn't mention the fact that two of her children were killed, that ought to happen sooner rather than later."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-08/hazel-passmore-seeks-compensation-from-daniel-marshall/7009714

It doesn't make sense, does it?
Even if she did not blame DH for the death of her children and she loved him, she was entitled to compensation in ordinary course for the children.
I can not imagine any solicitor overlooking that.
Why no mention of the children at all in the claim or the psychological damage associated with the loss for their mother?

As Master Rice said it would be easy to assume there was another accident, but there isn't ....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-08/hazel-passmore-seeks-compensation-from-daniel-marshall/7009714

"He is in custody in New South Wales. Obviously there have been some criminal investigations in relation to the two deaths.

"Criminal investigations" in relation to the deaths of HP's children?? After reading the part several times, I think so because there seems to be a mystery around that (also re compensation).

are you thinkingggggggg what I'mm thinkingggggggggggggg , Amee?...

( how long she was out of action ) ..

I certainly think I am thinking what you are thinking and I dont think it was as long as some think. :thinking:
Im only part way through Dr's link but it is very interesting with some great info in there.

<modsnip>

a big THANK YOU, Makara. Love you and your posts. :loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

<modsnip>Great Mod - some don't understand how good due to the fact that they haven't been members very long. Maybe if they had they would have shown much more appreciation. IYKWIM :rolleyes:

"Criminal investigations" in relation to the deaths of HP's children?? After reading the part several times, I think so because there seems to be a mystery around that (also re compensation).

there is no mystery.. It is obligatory to sue when one is injured in a car accident , on the basis that the costs of your treatment are offset by the insurance the driver pays in Third Party Insurance on his/her driving licence. So let's not pretend all this is a mystery. The compensation is very much a part of the huge and ongoing hospital bills , Doctors bills, Rehab bills. Nothing remotely mysterious.

Makara you were here when I joined back in 2012, your care , compassion, sleuthing and brilliant posts will be missed. You went above and beyond, you also organised Court Docs and shared with us all. You did a great job as mod. The time you have put in here is appreciated.
It certainly wont be the same here without you. :(

:loveyou::takeabow::takeabow::loveyou:

there is no mystery.. It is obligatory to sue when one is injured in a car accident , on the basis that the costs of your treatment are offset by the insurance the driver pays in Third Party Insurance on his/her driving licence. So let's not pretend all this is a mystery. The compensation is very much a part of the huge and ongoing hospital bills , Doctors bills, Rehab bills. Nothing remotely mysterious.

And just to add ..... I think the criminal investigations part of that is to determine the driver's culpability. Was the driver negligent, doing something illegal at the time (drunk/drugged driving), speeding/crossing the centre line? Was this an accident or was it vehicular homicide?

I think that helps determine the level of compensation awarded to the children's estate.

And just to add ..... I think the criminal investigations part of that is to determine the driver's culpability. Was the driver negligent, doing something illegal at the time (drunk/drugged driving), speeding/crossing the centre line? Was this an accident or was it vehicular homicide?

pretty much established that it was (a) , (b) and at least (c)...... .:notgood:

I'm new to websleuths but would like to thank you Makara for excellent moderation.

Thank you Makara for your great work and moderation on this thread, not to mention all the links, photos and many other items of assistance which you were instrumental in performing on the Allison Baden Clay thread. Your help has been invaluable and your moderation on this thread has been spot on. I hope to see you back here soon, as I also enjoy your posts. I also enjoyed your moderation and fairness. I am sure that I speak for many others on here too. You are missed.:loveyou:

Maybe homeless shelters or other charity organisations provide an address (theirs) for some homeless people to use?

You can get your mail care of the post office, or c/o someone's address you don't have to have a fixed address to receive payments.

OMG, Can you even contemplate! Is there perhaps an invasion of species whose morals and persona we can not even begin to understand nor align with !

"THE woman at the centre of the Karlie and Khandalyce murder investigation is suing the young mum’s alleged killer over the injuries she sustained in a 2008 car crash.However, the District Court on Tuesday heard Hazel Passmore’s claim against Daniel Marshall, aka Daniel Holdom, does not seek compensation for the deaths of her two children.
Master Mark Rice recommended that oversight be addressed prior to the lawsuit entering settlement discussions in February next year"

You can get your mail care of the post office, or c/o someone's address you don't have to have a fixed address to receive payments.

Thanks for that....I wasn't sure about how it all worked...

And thanks to Sleepinoz for providing me the link back at # 295...to the article I mentioned...but couldn't find.

OMG, Can you even contemplate! Is there perhaps an invasion of species whose morals and persona we can not even begin to understand nor align with !

"THE woman at the centre of the Karlie and Khandalyce murder investigation is suing the young mum’s alleged killer over the injuries she sustained in a 2008 car crash.However, the District Court on Tuesday heard Hazel Passmore’s claim against Daniel Marshall, aka Daniel Holdom, does not seek compensation for the deaths of her two children.
Master Mark Rice recommended that oversight be addressed prior to the lawsuit entering settlement discussions in February next year"

Can you elaborate on what your saying Warshawski....

I have constantly maintained I have no fixed idea or opinion on guilt/innocence of anyone so far mentioned in MSM.... are you suggesting there was something morally wrong with her pursuing a claim against DH...or DM as he was known at the time...

It's ok by me if that's what you meant... I appreciate and respect all opinions....but just wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

Puggle

It is strange how Holdom said that he had to have a fixed address. Maybe that is the desired condition for Centrelink to pay a person, but there is discussion at another forum about someone being paid by Centrelink into their bank account even though they no longer had a fixed address. Perhaps you need a fixed address to sign up for Centrelink, but can become homeless/transient after benefits start coming through and future benefits are not affected?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2430354

It is strange that it was reported in the article that he said "spending a few nights at a motel to gain an *address for Centrelink benefits

Would that mean he wasn't on centrelink payments prior to that period of time he was stopped..... not sure it has any relevance either way...but it's all tidbits of info I like to store to the memory bank.....never know what is or will be important information until more information comes to light...if that makes sense...

No need for snarkiness, just thinking of reasons why she may not be sueing for damages relating to the children.
There have been cases of people saying they were driving and were not and vise versa. There are a lot of lies, fraud and drama swirling around in this circle of crimes.

a little less rudeness from you, Di. you do know the accident was 8 years ago, and it would be most unusual for the driving offences to take that long for a court appearance and resolvement. The Compensation suite, however, always take much longer, years longer. It is reasonable to assume you would be aware of that process. How is one to know why you would think a driving offence case would take 8 years? your questions made no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member