AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has probably been discussed before too, but as the article at http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html states, a stable isotopes analysis was done on the bones found in Belanglo State Forest in August 2010 (later identified to be the Karlie's skeletal remains).

"The chemical markers that were in her tissue and bones indicated she had not spent much time in Australia," Detective Sergeant Tim Attwood told Fairfax Media. Karlie had spent all of her time in Australia. Was the test faulty? The so called "European dental work"? That aspect had never been explained by the police (that I've seen anyway). Not for one second saying those remains didn't belong to poor Karlie!

DaisyGirl 66 #381 (I'm tired, wrong button :) )

I have no link at the time, but it was said about the Belanglo Angel,possibly she had been a back packer from overseas, who worked on a farm at the Margaret River region. Seems not to be right.

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before too, but as the article at http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html states, a stable isotopes analysis was done on the bones found in Belanglo State Forest in August 2010 (later identified to be the Karlie's skeletal remains).

"The chemical markers that were in her tissue and bones indicated she had not spent much time in Australia," Detective Sergeant Tim Attwood told Fairfax Media. Karlie had spent all of her time in Australia. Was the test faulty? The so called "European dental work"? That aspect had never been explained by the police (that I've seen anyway). Not for one second saying those remains didn't belong to poor Karlie!

It is pretty astonishing that the forensic report could be quite so wrong, isn't it?
I wonder how much time was spent investigating backpackers based on this faulty analysis.
I have a friend who used to work as a forensic pathologist. She is now retired, but she says that TV shows like CSI give people entirely the wrong idea about how accurate forensic evidence can be.
Yet the fact that they specifically mentioned the Margaret River region is just peculiar.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ones-in-belanglo/story-fni0cx12-1227576865065
October 21, 2015 3:00pm
The sensational revelation yesterday that the skeleton of a young woman found in the Belanglo State Forest in 2010 and the bones of a young girl found in a suitcase in South Australia in July this year were mother and daughter came just a month after a Facebook page “Help find Karlie” was taken down.

It was set up after Ms Pearce-Stevenson went missing from Alice Springs around 2008 to help reunite her with her sick mother.

Former netball coach Steve Darling, who coached Ms Pearce-Stevenson in the under-9 Braitling Primary School team in a northern suburb of Alice Springs, said the community had tried to help.

“I was on the page for ‘Help Find Karlie’ which was taken down a month ago. The photos used by police were taken by a friend in a shopping centre in Adelaide (November, 2008, before she was stopped by police at Coober Pedy). That was the last they saw of her. A friend met up with her in town. There are so many questions,” he said.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Did "Karlie" send "a last sms" to her family in September 15 and demanded to stop searching for her?? IF, then police know I think.

So the "Please Help Find Karlie" FB page was deleted at some point AFTER the Wynarka suitcase was found, but BEFORE the identifications?
Am I reading that right?

I would be very interested in knowing your opinions about the demise of Khandalyce - who did it? where? when? how? For me, these are the most difficult questions to speculate about. I suspect that everyone will have a different theory.

Maybe she had been Margaret river. She had been everywhere else.
Something in that analysis may have shown MR.
Or maybe someone else had come from Margaret river on the murder site?

It is pretty astonishing that the forensic report could be quite so wrong, isn't it?
I wonder how much time was spent investigating backpackers based on this faulty analysis.
I have a friend who used to work as a forensic pathologist. She is now retired, but she says that TV shows like CSI give people entirely the wrong idea about how accurate forensic evidence can be.
Yet the fact that they specifically mentioned the Margaret River region is just peculiar.

Maybe state SA,VIC,QLD,NSW databases had no records of her so presumed WA.

Or they found some dope or similar from this region. Pure speculation
DaisyGirl 66 #381 (I'm tired, wrong button :) )

I have no link at the time, but it was said about the Belanglo Angel,possibly she had been a back packer from overseas, who worked on a farm at the Margaret River region. Seems not to be right.

Presumption would be Khandles was dumped on the way from Beng to Adelaide but it was specilated someone drove out of adelaide and back inside a 2 hour window.
The mobile phone might have pinged in Beng forest but did bad people set someone up for the drug debts by taking their phone when taking another debtor to the forest.
Pure speculation that did someone take someone away as vengence for an affair?
All logical scenarios outside the obvious.
I would be very interested in knowing your opinions about the demise of Khandalyce - who did it? where? when? how? For me, these are the most difficult questions to speculate about. I suspect that everyone will have a different theory.

Drugs can do all sorts of things to the body and potential hinderence might be foreign bottled water with tap water from multiple states and a possible parent from Poland.

for them to say something so particular would mean there is something in that statement.

Something found with the bones.
DNA can give a throw back for someone else in her family history.

Not from DH as he was already in prison, and most likely not from Karlie's ph, because you can bet your bottom dollar Karlies ph was one of the 2 phones DH's fiance found under his car seat, although we don't know what eventually happened to those phones.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Stevenson-kept-online-diary-relationship.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...violently-killed/story-fni6uo1m-1227576888695

December 2011: The woman’s remains were still unable to be identified and a computer-generated image of her face was released.

Several ABN new and several cancelled in 2011.

View attachment 85708

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...tim-of-wynarkas-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html

On the 2nd October 2015 the cases Belanglo and Wynarka were compared with each other in the news. Perhaps these news weren't the first news but possibly already in September seen in some news by someone involved ...? Then perhaps a last unfriendly message to Karlie's family re the Facebook page "Help find Karlie"?

-.-.-.-

4 ABN were cancelled in September 2015 - certainly not a coincidence?

-.-.-.-

What did happen in September 2015 ...??? Perhaps unrelated charges or rather an investigation. - I know, we don't talk about. :)

for them to say something so particular would mean there is something in that statement.

Something found with the bones.
DNA can give a throw back for someone else in her family history.

Yes, I think so too. To say "Margaret River region" is extremely specific.
So I wonder wht is found exclusively in that region?

Yes, I think so too. To say "Margaret River region" is extremely specific.
So I wonder wht is found exclusively in that region?
Vineyards and like Mt Gambier, large crops a gunga in that era

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ones-in-belanglo/story-fni0cx12-1227576865065
October 21, 2015 3:00pm

The sensational revelation yesterday that the skeleton of a young woman found in the Belanglo State Forest in 2010 and the bones of a young girl found in a suitcase in South Australia in July this year were mother and daughter came just a month after a Facebook page “Help find Karlie” was taken down.

It was set up after Ms Pearce-Stevenson went missing from Alice Springs around 2008 to help reunite her with her sick mother.

Former netball coach Steve Darling, who coached Ms Pearce-Stevenson in the under-9 Braitling Primary School team in a northern suburb of Alice Springs, said the community had tried to help.

“I was on the page for ‘Help Find Karlie’ which was taken down a month ago. The photos used by police were taken by a friend in a shopping centre in Adelaide (November, 2008, before she was stopped by police at Coober Pedy). That was the last they saw of her. A friend met up with her in town. There are so many questions,” he said.

-.-.-.-.-.-

Did "Karlie" send "a last sms" to her family in September 15 and demanded to stop searching for her?? IF, then police know I think.

Come to think of it, why take down a FB page at all?
It's doing no harm just being there, even if over time it has become infrequently looked at of posted to.
I'd like to know what prompted taking it down.
Perhaps, as you suggest FG, an SMS. But if that was the case why wait so long? A fake SMS could have been sent at any time.
It's not like FB care how long your page remains up even if nobody is using it. I have several I have made over the years that have no current activity but are still there.

EDIT: Unless the timing is inaccurately reported and the police suggested the family remove the page before the public announcement of the identities to protect their own privacy.

Come to think of it, why take down a FB page at all?
It's doing no harm just being there, even if over time it has become infrequently looked at of posted to.
I'd like to know what prompted taking it down.
Perhaps, as you suggest FG, an SMS. But if that was the case why wait so long? A fake SMS could have been sent at any time.
It's not like FB care how long your page remains up even if nobody is using it. I have several I have made over the years that have no current activity but are still there.

EDIT: Unless the timing is inaccurately reported and the police suggested the family remove the page before the public announcement of the identities to protect their own privacy.

BBM
I think that is very likely. I imagine the LE had probably already notified the family that there was a likely match and they were just waiting on the finer details before releasing the info. There is no reason to suppose the general public would be told straight after the family...in fact I think it is quite likely they would hold off so as not to scare anyone to ground. I also think that DH would have known for a couple of weeks beforehand that they were very close to announcing a positive ID as he was no doubt questioned being a known associate/partner/friend/enemy.

I suspect that Karlie could have been lured to Belanglo under the belief that Khandalyce was there. Bring me the money or you wont get your daughter back. I guess it is possible Khandalyce may have been nearby but not actually there (that is what I hope anyway). A more horrible thought is she was a witness and while she is 2 years old and possibly in court that would not be reliable, it could have been enough to spook someone who had already killed, to kill again to protect themselves. Who knows how these people think?? Not rationally I imagine.

Imagining the scenario as Wexford outlined it above, what do you do with a 2yo?

Whatever the motive was for Karlie's murder, the same motive cannot apply to Khandalyce.
If it did, then they would surely have been killed at the same time.
Yet police say Khandalyce died later - and I wish we knew why they say that and what they base it upon.

So was there some attempt made to keep Khandalyce alive that for some other reason failed or had to be abandoned?

But then I am back to the question that keeps me awake at night - why, why, WHY keep her clothes and quilt?

Someone wanted police to search the same state for Karlie, thinking that distancing Karlie 1000km away meant she would never be found.

Or they were not compos mentis, over confident and blasé'

Khandles was found at the cairns, something only some people are au fait' with; symbols of the bush

They knew the ducks on the highway that symbolised the rail crossing and the associated slip road

Whatever the motive was for Karlie's murder, the same motive cannot apply to Khandalyce.
Yet police say Khandalyce died later - and I wish we knew why they say that and what they base it upon.

So was there some attempt made to keep Khandalyce alive that for some other reason failed or had to be abandoned?

But then I am back to the question that keeps me awake at night - why, why, WHY keep her clothes and quilt?

Not from DH as he was already in prison, and most likely not from Karlie's ph, because you can bet your bottom dollar Karlies ph was one of the 2 phones DH's fiance found under his car seat, although we don't know what eventually happened to those phones.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Stevenson-kept-online-diary-relationship.html

I think, it was no problem for DJH/M to lie to his little fiancee and keep Karlie's phone as before (perhaps at a better place than under his car seat). Maybe Karlie's phone finally ended up in the Wynarka suitcase?

Yes, why? But also WHY keep the clothes of two other dead children over that time (since 2008)? The girl's clothing in larger size and the boy's shorts and something more possibly are from HP's own children.
Why keep a sun hat with a wide brim (adults' size) together with the dead children's clothing? Has the sun hat something to do with a crime?

Why NOT keep Karlie's "Angelique"-shirt from the day of murder together with this clothing, why was it left in Belanglo near the crime scene?

If I think about, then I would assume, the person who dumped the Wynarka suitcase with the children's clothing and other things was not only an enemy to DJH/M but also to HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member