AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a really weird tie-in to TB, her grandmother and her childhood home, isn't it?
How old was TB in 2008?

EDIT: TB was 16 in 2012
therefore only 12 in 2008

She may have been young but there are ties to another family connected with Belanglo :thinking:

To work this through, I feel like we have to "know" Karlie... in all of this, I don't feel confident that I know her much at all :( Had she got into drugs/the druggie lifes-style herself, and especially beyond just "weed" and into (maybe) "shard" which would make for a whole new kettle of fish :( I know there is disagreement on this in some commentary, but the photo of her at Marion is to me very much unlike her healthier ones from former times. I find it so hard to think of what she might have done or been inclined to do if her life was increasingly tied up with his lifestyle, if perhaps she already felt trapped and over-compromised...this just doesn't seem like the 20 yr old potential feisty firecracker who left AS with her 2 yo to travel, work, see Australia... :(

I have to admit, I agree with you, Maggie, and agree that it is tragic.
My only point of disagreement is to wonder who potentially lead who into this lifestyle.
It may have been DH as a bad influence, but it does seem Karlie was doing the long road trips since 2006 and DH appears to have been in stable employment in AS from 2006-08 as a car detailer.
Whatever the scenario is, there are many more players than the ones we currently know about.

Certainly possible, not sure how it would fit with Karlie willingly leaving Khandalyce with someone in Canberra and going with him to Belangelo.
Definately not something i would do if i discovered that kind of scenario.

See i dont feel the ralationship had anything sinister behind it. I think they were aqaintences who bonded in the months following the MVA. I think Karlie may have been acting with good intentions initially to help HP and DH, i believe the extended periods together on the road brought DH and K closer together.
I think the trips back and forth between SA and AS were to help prepare HP for life after the accident.
I think he took her to Canberra to hide the affair as he felt guilty for what had happened.

What happened next is anyones guess, did he kill her so he could return to HP and help her recover or did something make his new plans go horribly wrong so he fled back to his safe place with HP.

I think the fraud was borne from necessity to maintain proof of life, i believe this was effective until Khandalyce reached preschool age and questions were asked.
I believe the 'drilling' company was set up to give the impression that Karlie and Khandalyce were off somewhere in the bush making a living and i believe the remoteness allowed for Khadalyce to be supposedly home schooled to avoid detection.

All MOO

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well, this was yet another line of thought. I meant what if Karlie was killed in Canberra because she found out something untoward or inappropriate was going on and threatened to expose Holdom, and Holdom then deposited her body in Belanglo. I don't necessary agree with my own view, just tossing things around. I think it unlikely actually that he would drive with a body in a vehicle to leave it at Belanglo, just for the sake of trying to fool the police, especially given there would be an abundance of other places closer he could get rid of a body. It was just something that occurred to me though.

Yes, it is a really weird tie-in to TB, her grandmother and her childhood home, isn't it?
How old was TB in 2008?

TB is not a suspect the police have said. I wonder who they and them the grandmother is referring ?

BBM

If by "return to his previous life" you mean go back to HP, I know many are assuming that he did that, but I have just been wondering, do we know for sure?

All I can remember to indicate that he went back to HP was an over-the-fence interview with a couple of neighbours on one of the less reliable commercial TV stations.
From memory, the news crew was staking out a former residence of HP and spoke to neighbours.
A couple (I think) said they remembered a man who was polite.

There may be more that I don't recall, but if that is all we have to go on, how reliable are reports from neighbours?
Do we know for sure they are talking about DH?

I wonder because I find it hard to believe that HP would want to continue a relationship with him after the crash.

Anyone have anything more concrete to indicate that DH and HP continued living together into 2009?

After the accident she was left paralysed and it is thought that while she was hospitalised Holdom’s romantic involvement with Karlie Pearce-Stevenson flourished, though The Australian reports by March 2009 ( three months after Karlie’s murder) Passmore and Holdom were back together as Holdom posted on Facebook that he was “in a relationship”.

The post, reports The Australian, was “liked” by just one person: Hazel Passmore

Read more at http://www.************.au/hazel-passmore-news/#agMT3DyktD2U8cr3.99

Thanks for posting that video sos, I was looking for that sometime ago but thought I had seen it on the ABC (I only half watched it then)..... I kind of thought DH might have known this family back then, but didn't realize that Karlie and Khandalyse had come in contact with them. This has me thinking of a whole new probable motive for Karlie's murder. Perhaps, just perhaps DH had designs on his future little fiance way back then, and Karlie has caught him out!

or perhaps he had designs on khandalyce and karlie caught him out?

BBM

If by "return to his previous life" you mean go back to HP, I know many are assuming that he did that, but I have just been wondering, do we know for sure?

All I can remember to indicate that he went back to HP was an over-the-fence interview with a couple of neighbours on one of the less reliable commercial TV stations.
From memory, the news crew was staking out a former residence of HP and spoke to neighbours.

There may be more that I don't recall, but if that is all we have to go on, how reliable are reports from neighbours?

I wonder because I find it hard to believe that HP would want to continue a relationship with him after the crash.

Anyone have anything more concrete to indicate that DH and HP continued living together into 2009?

Why would we assume anything to the contrary.
DH/M and HP were in a relationship for a while up until the MVA, despite the circumstances surrounding the accident, nothing appears malicious. It could happen to any couple.
Why would she want rid of him, she is at her most vulnerable, familiarity is what she needed, not further upheaval.
As much as a low life this bloke is accused of being, i dont think you could do that to someone and just walk away, until this tragic event, he appears to have been like thousands of other Aussie men, trying to make a buck here and there by whatever means.
The fact that the card made its way straight back to the same place someone with her injuries would undergo rehab is a fair indicator of his mindset.
Atleast thats how it comes across to me.

BBM

I wondered that too Jane. I don't think there is anything concrete to suggest they got back together. I don't want to start you off on another wheelchair scenario, but I think it has been assumed because of the reference to a woman in a wheelchair committing the fraud.

Incidentally, totally off topic, but how have you been coping in the heat? Absolutely horrendous in SA at the moment from all reports.

BBM

But Jane, it's been in MSM that Hazel didn't blame Daniel for the crash. That in itself may be reason for Hazel not to to discontinue their relationship. Not saying thats what happened but can see it as a possibility.

DM is DH - same person.
Of have I misunderstood what you mean?

Bit of tongue in cheek SA.
I mean if someone asked did you know Jim Smith but he went by Jim Jones then a visual might prompt you to say. OH yeah I know him....but I thought his name was ....... a,b or c
imo

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well, this was yet another line of thought. I meant what if Karlie was killed in Canberra because she found out something untoward or inappropriate was going on and threatened to expose Holdom, and Holdom then deposited her body in Belanglo. I don't necessary agree with my own view, just tossing things around. I think it unlikely actually that he would drive with a body in a vehicle to leave it at Belanglo, just for the sake of trying to fool the police, especially given there would be an abundance of other places closer he could get rid of a body. It was just something that occurred to me though.
No need to appologise, it certainly is an avenue worth considering. I was merely applying it to scenarios which we have basic info about to see how it would 'fit'.
Having said that, nothing should be ruled out with respect to this character.

Its all speculation until we know more.

Hmmm. Yes. I think there's merit in the line of thought of being too much of a coincidence, and then as you say, why not take a weapon - why stomping. I'm not sure either way I have to be honest. I was thinking along the lines that something triggered him. I'm wondering if there was something untoward and inappropriate going on between Holdom and Khandalce that Karlie discovered. Just yet another line of thought.

I see stomping as such an 'intimate' method of killing someone, far more up close than simply shooting them, but as close as stabbing. When I think of the stomping I see it done in a heat of passion or anger or frustration - you stomp and stomp until you can't stomp anymore. I can't see a person being cold and calculating when stomping someone like you would with shooting. I agree, something must have triggered him.

AFAIK I haven't read anywhere that he possessed firearms (legal or not) or had a licence, so I am holding back on thinking killing Karlie was premeditated at least up to the last hours of her life (but I think killing Khandalyce was and only because he believed he had no option). I think that Holdom did have some involvement with child exploitation (in whatever form,) and I base that on gut instinct from what I read on T-LB's FB page. I am also of the belief that drugs played a bit role in this whole story and that he was high on something when he killed one or both of the poor souls and I hope to God that he doesn't use that to excuse his actions.

It was her age I was alluding to when I said I thought it a probably motive for killing Karlie if she had caught him out.
How old was TB in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads