AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I haven't been on Websleuths for ages, but was just watching the news with my husband and thought I'd come on here to see if you guys had more info..............I notice they have mentioned William Tyrell on the news but not linking it to him....however they have said there are no missing children in the area. The 60 year old stranger with the suitcase is odd....the woman said that he didn't acknowledge them or anything, which they thought strange....... I can fully understand this as my husband comes from a little town in SA and everyone knows everyone and it would be odd to pass someone without even a nod of the head or a gday...... It has a population of 167 which is really small considering that would take into account those within the area, not just the town...................I am betting someone has driven to the outback to get rid of the body..............therefore the child could be from anywhere if the person has had the time to travel. One thing I did just read about, was that the highway had work done in that very area. The work begun in sep 2014..... I am wondering if this is little William, as there is not too many missing children in AUstralia, none that are public anyhow! How horrible.....

just watching channel nine news sydney and the newsreader just had a tongue slip and referred to the child as a little girl, then quickly corrected to say little child.

This whole things weird, how did several people look in the suit case and not think it was odd there was bones, regardless of if they thought they were human or not. If that was me I'd freak out and call police straight away, wouldn't most people?

There was a time given a few minutes to regain enough sense from freaking out to make the call I would have called police and stood guard over the remains until police arrived.

After the Roy Kronk finding Caylee ordeal, I would freak out, leave the area, lawyer up and then have my lawyer call the police.

Having been unfortunate enough to have been the one who spotted the body of a missing family at age 11, then witness an attempted murder during my first year of college and knowing how it still bothers me, the horror of finding human remains would be more than my sanity could take without taking a risk on dealing with desperate defense attorneys.

channel nine recap police interview says theres nothing to suggest this may be william tyrrell, could be a child not even on the missing child database

Channel 7 just said that the post mortem results are expected later tonight. Detectives say a link with William Tyrrell is just one line of inquiry.

We'll probably hear more in the morning.

I wonder if the person who called police had a criminal background and were afraid they would be a suspect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm in NSW Keyleigh.

I think they were talking about the US and getting an insurance discount if you have a dash cam fitted to your car. I think now it didn't mean you couldn't get insured.
I did a search and it seems the dash cam craze started here a couple of years ago as a result of road rage stories.

What you need to know about dashboard-mounted car cameras
http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/08/dash-cams-explainer/

The age of the man that they want to speak to has set my hinky meter right off.

The whole thing is odd. If the man wasn't local, how did he travel to that part of the country? Presumably by car, especially if he was carting around a dead child. So if he had a car, why would he be walking down a remote highway with a body in a suitcase? I'm wondering if this won't turn out to be hitchhiker unrelated to the child.

Lets hope that LE are keeping his parents thoroughly updated , perhaps even if they think it's male or female. At least that way they can either prepare themselves for the worst, or breathe a sigh of relief, at least for their little boy.

That's what I was thinking too. All this talk of interstate pedophile rings. My mind is going to awful places :(

I don't know how William's parents are coping. This is a neverending nightmare, and horror stories like this make it worse.

The whole thing is odd. If the man wasn't local, how did he travel to that part of the country? Presumably by car, especially if he was carting around a dead child. So if he had a car, why would he be walking down a remote highway with a body in a suitcase? I'm wondering if this won't turn out to be hitchhiker unrelated to the child.
I think we will find this guy hadn't come far, lots of clues, wouldn't surprise me if police already know who he is, the bones may be very old.

Does anyone know if passenger trains go to Wynarka?

Maybe the suitcase could have been jolted out of one of the vehicles during impact, perhaps?

I also noticed there was an accident involving a car and truck in that area yesterday, I wonder if thats how the remains were noticed or just a coincidence

I just had a quick google and I think no train to Wynarka, but you can catch a bus to the town.

We don't have those in the U.S. I guess you could, but I've never heard of anyone other than a police officer having one. Do citizens have dash cams there?

How is the video saved--to a flash/jump drive? Do users upload them and save the video or do you just record over old files?

We have a dash cam in our car, which already saved us in one accident. A guy hit us with his car, pulled over like he was going to stop, then suddenly changed his mind and took off ... but we had footage of his car (including number plate).

We have a dash cam in our car, which already saved us in one accident. A guy hit us with his car, pulled over like he was going to stop, then suddenly changed his mind and took off ... but we had footage of his car (including number plate).

Neat. What area are you in? Do you save the footage by uploading to a desk/laptop or to the cloud?

I agree, it's weird for several people to check out the suitcase and it's contents and not report it, I'm just like wtf?

I think several people saw the suitcase when driving by but it seems someone decided to stop and look inside. Probably freaked out and left it then eventually called the police. Not what I would do but totally get it. Some people would just panic, probably thought they could end up being implicated etc. they did the right thing in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Queensland. We don't both saving any of the footage unless there is something of interest on it (i.e. car accident, or an old guy driving through town on the wrong side of the road ... we had to give that footage to the local police).
The footage just writes over itself once it gets full

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynarka,_South_Australia

This place is REALLY small. The main street has a phone box and that's about it.
If the guy with the suitcase was from around there, then the witness would have been able to id him.
Looking at it on the map I think the bus is how he got there. That or private car. Let's hope bus.

I think several people saw the suitcase when driving by but it seems someone decided to stop and look inside. Probably freaked out and left it then eventually called the police. Not what I would do but totally get it. Some people would just panic, probably thought they could end up being implicated etc. they did the right thing in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True Found, I just thought I'd read somewhere that a few people had stopped and looked inside, 'poking around inside the suitcase' I think it said in the article, I'll have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomada701