AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think several people saw the suitcase when driving by but it seems someone decided to stop and look inside. Probably freaked out and left it then eventually called the police. Not what I would do but totally get it. Some people would just panic, probably thought they could end up being implicated etc. they did the right thing in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said up to seven people have since told police they had seen the suitcase on the side of the road

One had dragged the suitcase from the bushes where police had originally believed it dumped and placed it in full sight on the verge.

Others had opened the suitcase, some had even "poked around ... not realising the importance of what was inside".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...r-childs-bones-found-in-murray-mallee/6624462

This is the link keyleigh posted upthread:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...r-childs-bones-found-in-murray-mallee/6624462
"It's hard to say what happened, or why, but we know for certain that somebody has come and found the suitcase, opened it to have a look what's in there, tipped out the contents and at that stage become aware that it was most likely human remains."

He said up to seven people have since told police they had seen the suitcase on the side of the road where police believe it was first placed about two months ago.

One had dragged the suitcase from the bushes where police had originally believed it dumped and placed it in full sight on the verge.

Others had opened the suitcase, some had even "poked around ... not realising the importance of what was inside".

We don't have those in the U.S. I guess you could, but I've never heard of anyone other than a police officer having one. Do citizens have dash cams there?

How is the video saved--to a flash/jump drive? Do users upload them and save the video or do you just record over old files?

everyone has dash cams - in the U.S. too - all over the world ... just go to youtube & you can see tons of uploaded videos

Hope the dna fingerprints ect haven't been compromised by all the poking around, if so I hope they all come forward so they can be ruled out.

what is the turqoise with orange piping item in this photo? it looks like a child's backpack with blue straps?

ETA: blue 'strap' is actually a glove, as pointed out by StarrChance

australian forensics officer bagging evidence.jpg

Yes it does look like a child's backpack and it also looks like snake in the left of the picture!! Obviously not but that's what it looks like

hopefully nobody whose had a rummage here has taken anything home, a toy or piece of clothing etc, what a dna nightmare for police!

It sounds like a very small town, if anyone seeing this male carrying the suitcase, he would most probably be recognised if he was a local .

thank you dr, just subscribing to thread and recapping info.

hmmmm, so the man was walking towards the highway around 8am with a dark suitcase in hand, this was approximately 2 months ago. Neatly dressed, about 60 odd, clean shaven, Caucasian with a slight build of average height.

Also, the suitcase was hidden behind bushes initially before being repeatedly moved by various passing motorists over last month or more, who stopped to check it out and remove/move contents.

It seems to me this man was travelling by public transport or hitchhiking, as another poster mentioned earlier. OR, walking to the highway for a lift from someone he knew. :thinking:

Hang on a sec... the person that police want to speak to was walking around town with the freaking suitcase? WTF?

Superintendent Bray said a man was seen by locals at Wynarka walking towards the highway between six to eight weeks ago carrying a suitcase between 7:30am and 8am.

"We have no description of the clothes he was wearing but he was carrying a dark-coloured suitcase in one hand... he was not a local.

"There would not be many people walking around Wynarka carrying a suitcase at 7:30am in the morning."

Thats what I thought Brightbird, hat or one of those sun visors for hardhats

Yes that looks like a child's backpack LadyL. Is that Shrek and Princess Fiona on the front? My eyes are crap.

I thought the same thing bearbear, about people possibly taking items from the suitcase, things that now might be of importance.

What we know so far:

- The suitcase was found 2 meters from Karoonda Highway in the Murray Mallee area of South Australia
- A passing motorist found the suitcase at 11AM on July 15th
- The child was between 2 and 7 years old
- Gender, race have not yet been determined
- The case is being treated as a homicide
- Clothing and possibly other items were found in the suitcase
- The suitcase was placed in the area 4 - 6 weeks before yesterday, when it was reported to police
- The child had died "some time" before being put in the suitcase
- Two eyewitnesses say they saw an older man (60s or older and not believed to be local) carrying a suitcase matching the description 4 - 6 weeks earlier, about 30 kilometers from the site where it was ultimately found
- The suitcase may have been pulled out from where it was originally dumped only a short distance away, over to the spot where the passing motorist found it
- So far, no missing persons in Southern Australia match the remains found - so it's possible the child was from another state, or simply hasn't been reported missing yet for whatever reason

It seems to me this man was travelling by public transport or hitchhiking, as another poster mentioned earlier. OR, walking to the highway for a lift from someone he knew. :thinking:

Yep, for some reason this person wasn't in a car that pulled over to the dump the suitcase.

Why?

Fear of the car being caught by highway cameras?

Did they hitchhike or get public transport to the location under a false name? Perhaps train, Greyhound or Premier bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller