AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may be because they are classing it as suicide rather than an accident.

It is likely the coroner has determined that the crash was caused by medical issues eg heart attack or epileptic fit. This is the most common reason for a death to be removed from the road toll. Very sad either way.

Thanks Greengables and Rosalita, I've learned something new today :cheers:

* Cases which may be excluded from the road toll include those where medical reasons were the cause of death, incidents which have occurred off-road (paddocks, private property) and those where the death has been intentional.

I am wondering if it might be how the light is reflecting that makes the sequins appear colored. Probably the coating on the sequins has worn over time as well with the various weather they have been exposed to.
I'm inclined to think deterioration due to weathering would make sequins less iridescent rather than more. No reason they wouldn't have been multi-coloured in the first place.

I think it may be because they are classing it as suicide rather than an accident.

Why would the state road toll be amended down when the man was killed ?

"A CRASH that killed Tailem Bend local <Modsnip> has been removed from the state&#8217;s road toll.

Police issued a statement today saying the road toll had been amended down from 38 to 37 after an investigation into the crash on the Mallee Hwy, at Peake, on Saturday May 30"

To be honest i am not even sure why this is part of this discussion, this man has a family who are hurting, he had nothing to do with this case. Yes deaths caused when the driver does it to take there own life is removed from the road toll, in a case like that the Police dont shout from the roof tops in respect of the families.

To be honest i am not even sure why this is part of this discussion, this man has a family who are hurting, he had nothing to do with this case. Yes deaths caused when the driver does it to take there own life is removed from the road toll, in a case like that the Police dont shout from the roof tops in respect of the families.

I think it's being discussed because of a combination of the following:

1. Geographical proximity
2. Same time period
3. The death of anyone in a small town draws attention
4. The "odd" removal of the individual from the highway death list (no longer odd now that posters explained why a person would be removed from the list).

I didn't think anyone was being disrespectful of <Modsnip> or his family. Online articles describe him as a kind individual who cared about his community. The posts I read on WS didn't question this, nor did they insist on his COD. He could have died of natural causes (stroke, heart attack, seizure, aneurysm).

I think many on this thread send their condolences to his family.

There was an article I quoted yesterday, said the remains were put in the case up to one month before it was placed at the highway. How they knew this so quickly I have no idea.

It sounds to me like the remains were sitting somewhere else and someone had to move them...

RSBM. Maybe through some type of entomology? Like a certain type of decomposition beetle that is only out during certain months or who only lays eggs at certain times?

Idk, that's the only way I can think of that would verify that statement (other than they know when the suitcase was purchased or something obvious like that).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

BBM.

So if this man did leave the suitcase, it probably wasn't when the 2 women out walking saw him, but later in the day around lunchtime... because that's when he was seen again with the suitcase.

It wouldn't take 4+ hours to walk 2km with a suitcase, He was seen close to Wynarka around 7-8am and again west of Wynarka around lunchtime and the suitcase was located 2km from Wynarka. What I gather is that he was walking around with the case for half a day or most of the day, maybe trying to find a suitable spot for it????

Is there a police station in Wynarka? Maybe he was trying to get up his nerve to take the case in to them, and eventually chickened out but left it where it would be found.

Just checked, carbuff. No station in Wynarka. They are serviced by the station in the next town over apparently :)

I'm starting to doubt these eyewitness who saw the stranger dragging the suitcase. How often do people come forward after a discovery like this and in the end it turns out to be completely unrelated. What if the suitcase was actually thrown out of a moving vehicle or even a truck at night?

I'm starting to doubt these eyewitness who saw the stranger dragging the suitcase. How often do people come forward after a discovery like this and in the end it turns out to be completely unrelated. What if the suitcase was actually thrown out of a moving vehicle or even a truck at night?

In a larger town I would completely agree with you, however small country towns operate differently, especially towns this small, I'm not 100% familiar on wynarka.. From what I've googled it has a post office, but many of the smaller towns around the area don't have service stations, a supermarket, a pub etc.

Strangers to the town would stick out like a sore thumb... Especially if there are no "services" to encourage travellers/passers by to stop

This is all just based on my personal experience in growing up in rural SA

This suitcase is small. 60x40x20cm. More of a carry on size. I think that is the very simple reason that the man was carrying it, not wheeling it.

The winter jacket, slippers, and track pants show that the child needed warm clothes as well as the sundress. Clothes seem to range from size 2 upwards. Lots of pj shorts. I am wondering if the child was on some kind of short vacation.

I'd be stunned if it's Kirste, although that did cross my mind when they first found skeletal remains. Not impossible, but the modern clothing kind of suggests the clothing was that worn by the child.

That said, I'd love them to find Kirste or Joanne. I'd love to think they're alive, but I don't. And their families need to have them home, so they can at least bury them and know where they are.

So the first episode of "Dora the explorer" was in 2000 so the t-shirt wouldn't have been produced before that....would it ?

RPA vision from Major Crime investigation near the Karoonda Hwy at Wynarka

[video]https://youtu.be/E93f-rCXVH4[/video]

Aerial video

I recognize some of these clothes as what was around when my daughter was about 4 or 5. That was 7-8 years ago. Actually, I'm pretty sure she had 2 of those satin pants, and they were more than likely bought at an op shop, or handed down to her.

Someone on social media (linked above) has pointed out that the blue shorts say "baby 2000". Could it be possible that the shorts were celebrating the fact they were sold in the millenium?

Maybe I've been watching too much SVU but I think there would be a lot of babies out there that don't exist in the system but are born to entertain SF's. Desperate junkies selling their babies never obtaining a birth certificate.

I wonder if the clothing was purely used to cushion the skeleton and don't actually belong to the child at all. Although they seem to be all girls clothes they seem to be from varied times. That style of fluffy girls jackets were quite popular around 10-15 years ago and the dora shirt looks nothing like the modern dora if you compare them. Yet the police have said some of the other clothes were sold in the last couple of years at Kmart. Doesn't really add up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl