AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for a fact that it was the same suitcase.
Det Supt Bray said: “We’ve had a couple of witnesses come forward who have seen the 60year-old man at Wynarka with the suitcase.
“They also saw him on possibly the same day, but later in the day, around lunchtime west of Wynarka. He was walking along the side of the road carrying a suitcase.
“We still don’t know who that man is and if he has anything to do with this case.”
http://www.pressreader.com/australia/herald-sun/20150718/281479275100077/TextView

Only timeframe I can find.. However it does look like the man went through the suitcase before the man with the suitcase was seen. Unless I am reading the article wrong. ( happens to me all the time lol)

WHAT WE KNOW
■ A child’s remains were found by a passing motorist near a suitcase on the side of the Karoonda Hwy, near Wynarka, on Wednesday, July 15.

■ The following day, police revealed the child met a “violent and terrible death” and was killed elsewhere before being dumped in the dark grey Lanza suitcase.

■ SA Police assigned 15 detectives and additional Mallee region officers to Task Force Mallee to investigate the child’s murder.

■ Police appealed for a neatly dressed, clean-cut caucasian man in his 60s carrying a dark suitcase in the Wynarka area to come forward. He was spotted on April 13 and May 26.

■ It was revealed passing motorists had looked into the suitcase prior to the discovery of the remains but did not see anything out of the ordinary.

■ Images of girl’s clothing found scattered around the suitcase were released by police. Items included a black tutu, Dora the Explorer shirt and a pink booty with an embroidered butterfly on it.

■ Task Force Mallee inquiries across Australia of missing person lists failed to produce any strong leads and detectives spoke to homicide squads in every state and territory.

■ Detective Superintendent Des Bray informed the media the victim was “most likely” a little girl who could have been killed as far back as 2007.

■ Forensic testing continues on the child’s remains 10 days after being discovered.

■ Police remain hopeful the mystery will be solved

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I don't 'get' the whole suitcase man story.

If police went from door to door, woudn't be one of the most important questions IF suitcaseman had been staying with anyone, on anyone's property. IF suitcaseman could have been vititing anyone there. Was he a real estate person, a bank person? Some sort of inspector, official, contractor and on and on.

How hard can it be to ask these few inhabitants to list every person they were visited or contacted by during that time. Was he a door to door salesman, a relative, business related?
Does he even exist?

Why is there nothing about hair color, glasses, coat, hat, suit, dark clothes, light clothes.

Why does one witness see him walking in Eastern direction, while the remains were found in Western direction.

Why doesn't the police show us a map where this suitcaseman was seen. When he was seen. Heading in which direction? With suitcase or without suitcase. Was the suitcase neat and dark? Or grey and beaten up? Did this man wear a glove(s)?

Is there any camera footage from roads that he should have been on to get to Wyanarka? Can you get there by train? And on and on.

There is just something not right IMO.

I don't 'get' the whole suitcase man story.

If police went from door to door, woudn't be one of the most important questions IF suitcaseman had been staying with anyone, on anyone's property. IF suitcaseman could have been vititing anyone there. Was he a real estate person, a bank person? Some sort of inspector, official, contractor and on and on.

How hard can it be to ask these few inhabitants to list every person they were visited or contacted by during that time. Was he a door to door salesman, a relative, business related?
Does he even exist?

Why is there nothing about hair color, glasses, coat, hat, suit, dark clothes, light clothes.

Why does one witness see him walking in Eastern direction, while the remains were found in Western direction.

Why doesn't the police show us a map where this suitcaseman was seen. When he was seen. Heading in which direction? With suitcase or without suitcase. Was the suitcase neat and dark? Or grey and beaten up? Did this man wear a glove(s)?

Is there any camera footage from roads that he should have been on to get to Wyanarka? Can you get there by train? And on and on.

There is just something not right IMO.

One of the reasons they would not be giving us all the details they have of suitcaseman is so if local people come forward with more sightings of suitcaseman they have a good chance of telling if it is actually the same man or if it is a manufactured memory or attention seeking.

One of the reasons they would not be giving us all the details they have of suitcaseman is so if local people come forward with more sightings of suitcaseman they have a good chance of telling if it is actually the same man or if it is a manufactured memory or attention seeking.

Yeah, that would make sense.

Calls to Crime Stoppers have revealed the man was also seen on the highway walking with a suitcase west of Wynarka heading towards Murray Bridge.

Police are also calling on any drivers who may have dash-cam vision of the highway to contact police as they may have inadvertently recorded information in their trucks and cars that may assist with the investigation.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...-police-investigate-child-murder#.VcPlVrVLOY4

I wonder if suitcase man was just an average hitch-hiker.
Hitch-hikers are a pretty rare thing these days and if he walked off the main highway into Wynarka looking for an open shop of something he'd have been disappointed he wasted his time and energy, then walked back out to the main road to hitch again.
Just because he was carrying his bag at the time the women saw him doesn't mean it wasn't an ordinary backpack.

As for him not coming forward yet, I don't find it surprising.
We had a friend over last night who hadn't heard of this murder. He's an office worker in Adelaide and although he drives to work he hadn't heard about it on the radio or seen it on TV or social media.
I think that just because we are hungry for details, we assume everyone knows about it, but that is not the case - so it is possible the real suitcase man doesn't know about it either.

The lack of a good description is utterly baffling.
How can you see someone, describe them as clean-cut, neatly dressed, 60ish, slight build, average height, carrying a black case, yet not be able to describe clothing at all?
I just cannot see how you can say someone was neatly dressed yet not say what they were dressed in.
As I said -baffling!

Calls to Crime Stoppers have revealed the man was also seen on the highway walking with a suitcase west of Wynarka heading towards Murray Bridge.

That's interesting, isn't it?
They say he was seen "heading towards Murray Bridge".
But the turn-off to Murray Bridge it 6-7 kms west of Wynarka.
That means he was seen, with his case, well past the point where the remains were found.

wtomb.gif

It may look like a turn off on the map but it is actually all the same road heading to Murray bridge. The actual turn off is the grey road heading south to tailem bend.

Thanks Whisi. I Just looked on Google Streets and you are right.
I guess the locals would call it the Murray Bridge road.
Forget what I said them cos it's not really interesting at all :)

The local stock agent retired in Feb this year, so I wonder if the unknown man with a case might be his replacement?
It would explain why he was neatly dressed and also on foot, why he was carrying a case, and why the women hadn't seen him before.

http://www.stockjournal.com.au/news...ray-retires-after-golden-innings/2722826.aspx

Yes but wouldn't the new agent's colleagues - if not the agent himself - associate him with the man spoken about on the news, and encourage him to contact police to rule himself out?

If suitcaseman (stock agent or not) was in or near Wynarka on any type of business, for that matter, he would have various types of proof of that fact for police.

What if the suitcase man isn't even in Australia anymore.
He may have been from overseas and the reason he didn't talk to anyone could have been because he couldn't speak english.
The last time he was seen he may have been heading out to either get a lift with someone or walk to where he could get transport, bus, train or airport.

But it is weird that no one has come forward and said they might know who he is.

My own feeling is that he is nothing to with this case.

Maybe people have come forward with information about suitcase guy or even his actual identity but the police have not yet been able to catch up with him to verify it. I think they have a lot of information that we don't know about and probably won't hear about until they suddenly announce that suitcase guy has been identified and either cleared or named as a person who is "assisting police with their inquiries".

What's the cell reception like in Wynarka? If unlike in poor Williams case (Mobile blackspot) if Wynarka has good reception..

They (police) have a firm on the two dates that "Suitcase man was seen" - they could always request a "tower dump" of any mobiles switched on within the area at the time of the said sightings ...

I wonder if suitcase man was just an average hitch-hiker.
Hitch-hikers are a pretty rare thing these days and if he walked off the main highway into Wynarka looking for an open shop of something he'd have been disappointed he wasted his time and energy, then walked back out to the main road to hitch again.
Just because he was carrying his bag at the time the women saw him doesn't mean it wasn't an ordinary backpack.

As for him not coming forward yet, I don't find it surprising.
We had a friend over last night who hadn't heard of this murder. He's an office worker in Adelaide and although he drives to work he hadn't heard about it on the radio or seen it on TV or social media.
I think that just because we are hungry for details, we assume everyone knows about it, but that is not the case - so it is possible the real suitcase man doesn't know about it either.

The lack of a good description is utterly baffling.
How can you see someone, describe them as clean-cut, neatly dressed, 60ish, slight build, average height, carrying a black case, yet not be able to describe clothing at all?
I just cannot see how you can say someone was neatly dressed yet not say what they were dressed in.
As I said -baffling!

If he was an average hitch hiker who decided to walk into town looking for a shop .... it wouldn't explain him being observed 44 days apart though.

By the way I like your stock agent suggestion - thinking outside the square is needed on this case.

That's true, Puggle. The sightings 44 days apart (April 13 and May 26) means either 2 different men with suitcases or the same man.

That's true, Puggle. The sightings 44 days apart (April 13 and May 26) means either 2 different men with suitcases or the same man.

If it turns out to be the same man, then I am leaning further to it being a local ...yeah I realise the locals who witnessed him stated that he wasn't a local.

But could he be someone that for whatever reason has chosen to remain elusive to his local neighbours.... maybe like having a deep dark, dirty secret life perhaps??

I live in a relatively small town too...whilst people who consider themselves "locals" would assume they know everyone.... the truth is that is not possible - as individuals who live on the outskirts on larger rural properties may never have any reason to associate with the 17 (approx.) locals who live on these smaller allotments just off the Hwy.

Maybe the 'cleancut well dressed' aspect is camouflage. If you lived somewhere as a hermit with a beard, long hair and dirty clothes and appear clean shaven and well dressed, no one would recognise you.

Or maybe that person is dead already. Maybe he was dying and wanted the suitcase to be found cause he was dying.

What's the cell reception like in Wynarka? If unlike in poor Williams case (Mobile blackspot) if Wynarka has good reception..

They (police) have a firm on the two dates that "Suitcase man was seen" - they could always request a "tower dump" of any mobiles switched on within the area at the time of the said sightings ...

With the amount of crime shows on tv these days I would have thought anyone trying to dispose of human remains or similar would either turn their phone off/battery out or not take their phone with them...

If there are any locals on here, do you know if the police set up booze blitzes along that road?

That would be an interesting theory. I'm not a local although it looks like a good road to set up a RBT on; I would think they (Murray Bridge police) would do it closer along the road to Murrary Bridge though for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member