AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the news report I linked a couple of pages back, the bones were placed between the Dora shirt and the pink tracksuit pants.
However, they were placed there as bones; they did not decompose on the fabric.
Actually, those 2 items are somewhat better preserved than others.
The bones must have been quite clean when packed into the case as numerous people rummaged about in the case over a period of a couple of months while it was on the side of the road, yet not notice them.

I think this case was never meant to be found.
I think it contained sad memories and was carefully stored for years.
How and why it got from wherever it was stored to the bushes on the side of the road is, to me, the most important question.
I go back, time and again, to my idea that it was stolen in a random shed robbery and dumped when the thieves saw it contained nothing valuable.

According to the news report I linked a couple of pages back, the bones were placed between the Dora shirt and the pink tracksuit pants.
However, they were placed there as bones; they did not decompose on the fabric.
Actually, those 2 items are somewhat better preserved than others.
The bones must have been quite clean when packed into the case as numerous people rummaged about in the case over a period of a couple of months while it was on the side of the road, yet not notice them.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...uspect-sightings/story-fns0kb1g-1227449340361

I'm not so sure that the article you linked to is so accurate. Or that it is merely the journalists' interpretation. It says the remains were in the suitcase when discovered. While other articles say the remains were not in the suitcase when discovered.

I just saw a post on my Facebook feed from a local lady who recently lost her young daughter to cancer. She has posted a picture of a handmade quilt that was given to her daughter by Nuns who make these quilts for sick children. This may be a little bit out there but perhaps these are the bones of a child that died from a terminal illness. Could damage to the bones caused by, say, cancer, be mistaken for violence etc.

After reading through the MAKO site for S.A I'm still totally on the fence and can come up with several theories.
I agree with most people that it's highly likely that there's some kind of family involvement but dumping this little girls remains on the side of the road doesn't really fit this scenario. I just can't imagine anyone doing that with the remains of somebody they knew and loved.
Unless the suitcase was stolen and who ever stole it freaked out and ditched it asap.
Then there's the scary thought that this child was caught up in some way with a paedophile. One look at MAKO puts just how many of these sickos are out there in perspective and who could ever forget the story of the boy with the henna tattoo. Maybe this little girl was the victim of something just as sinister :-(
I don't really know what to think but I hope this door knock of Wynarka and surrounding areas yields some clues for police.

Kyja - I agree that the case containing favourite clothes, quilt and bones just does fit with any attempt to conceal a crime.
That's why I think it was stolen from somewhere close by.
I imagine the thieves entering an outbuilding or shed and taking obviously valuable items like tools and seeing a case, taking that too.
Then pulling over on the side of the road to check what's in it.
They probably just saw clothing and so they dumped it where they were.

Some of the bones of a 2yrs would be minute. For example some of the spine and hand would be so small. I'm surprised all were there considering they had been upended.

206 bones
It is composed of 270 bones at birth – this total decreases to 206 bones by adulthood after some bones have fused together. The bone mass in the skeleton reaches maximum density around age 30. The human skeleton can be divided into the axial skeleton and the appendicular skeleton.

Precisely. The presence of hair indicates that there was no fire.
Also there is no evidence of being stored in water.

The time to process DNA evidence is a minimum of 2 weeks in the real world.
(see http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml)

But also bear in mind that even with a full DNA profile, unless you have some other DNA to compare it to, it is worthless.

Really, DNA will be of no use until the police have a suspect.

Fantastic points.

I remember the tablecloths too. Oven mitts, etc. I think this is a quintessentially 90's style in fabrics.

I don't think the pumpkin patch has come from an actual tablecloth.

There have been times when you could get coordinating fabrics and table clothes, oven mitts, curtains etc. (and even matching wall paper borders!)

I think it might be part of a coordinating set of fabrics - the background of the pumpkins would probably have been sold separately, and also the flowers.

Hi, new here!

For what's worth, I always think of that saying "when you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras". While there are some peculiar aspects of the crime, the most likely scenario is that the child was killed by her parent or primary caregiver. Statistically speaking, this is most likely, as children are more likely to be harmed by a person known to them than a stranger. This is also the most obvious explanation of why the child was never reported missing.

Apparently, there are five types of filicide:

1. “Altruistic” motives – the parent truly believes that the child is better off in heaven, or they believe that the child’s suffering would be unbearable if they have to live.
2. Parent is psychotic/has psychotic break.
3. The “fatal battering” – this is where the parent uses physical abuse to punish what they perceive as bad behaviour and the child dies during a beating or through violent action such as being thrown into a wall.
4. Covering up an unwanted birth (this would generally happen only to newborns, the case of Tegan Lane is an example)
5. Revenge against the ex – such as the murders of Luke Batty and Darcy Freeman. These murders are usually carried out publicly with no effort made to conceal the crime (quite the opposite actually because the point is to maximise the ex’s pain)

This murder probably fits with types 2 and 3, which are physically violent crimes, occurring in an act of rage. Type 1 is usually a death that wouldn’t leave serious physical injury to the skeleton such as crushing up sleeping pills in the child’s milk or driving them into a lake to drown, Type 4 is a crime usually committed right after birth (although rare cases have been found in older children where the mother wanted a new life no strings attached). Type 5 is not concealed by the perpetrator and certainly never unreported to the police by the other parent.

Keisha Abrahams died of a "fatal battering" and there were as many as five or six visible injuries to her jaw -- these injuries were able to be seen on her skeleton over a year after her death and were judged to have occurred immediately prior to death. Perhaps something similar happened to this child.

My feeling (and I could be completely wrong) is that this is an unsophisticated crime. The person who did this is not cunning or a criminal mastermind. They just haven't been caught yet because no one has realised that their child is missing. Leaving the suitcase by the road? Maybe they did want it to be found, maybe they were trying to confuse the police, or maybe they just needed to get rid of it in a hurry and leaving it anywhere was fine as long as it wasn't found in their immediate possession.

Totally agree re your think horses when you hear hoof eats, Occam's Razor usually works foe me, you need to eliminate the most likely theories before you consider more unlikely ones, I lean towards a family killing, simply because no one has reported this child missing.

I don't think the pumpkin patch has come from an actual tablecloth.

There have been times when you could get coordinating fabrics and table clothes, oven mitts, curtains etc. (and even matching wall paper borders!)

I think it might be part of a coordinating set of fabrics - the background of the pumpkins would probably have been sold separately, and also the flowers.

You could be right, and yet there is something unique about that fabric which has preserved it from disintegration. Usually, the coordinating sets of fabrics are cotton, or cotton polyester, but this fabric is different, stronger, thicker and more resistent to deterioration. That makes me think it might have been cut from an old set of curtains, a table cloth, tea towel, an apron or some other item instead of cloth off a bolt.

I wonder if the reason we can't find this fabric, is because the piece was fussy cut from fabric that looks quite different as a whole. The hexagons are fairly small, about 12.5 cm each. Am I correct? Did I read somewhere that the blanket was 90cm square? Someone above suggested a table cloth or skirt border, which seems logical.

Do you have any idea why it is so hard for the police to get a full DNA profile?
Personally I think that the killing might have been unsophisticated. But that whatever happened to the remains after the girl was killed, might have been very cunning.

Is it that they're having difficulty, or are we being impatient? As much as we all want answers, this isn't a recent crime, and may not be a "rush" priority.

You could be right, and yet there is something unique about that fabric which has preserved it from disintegration. Usually, the coordinating sets of fabrics are cotton, or cotton polyester, but this fabric is different, stronger, thicker and more resistent to deterioration. That makes me think it might have been cut from an old set of curtains, a table cloth, tea towel, an apron or some other item instead of cloth off a bolt.

Here in the states, you can buy cheap tablecloths that are sort of plasticly on the surface with like a non-woven fabric backing. I suspect it would hold up much better than regular fabric, if that's what it is. Definitely something you wouldn't normally use for a quilt, but then, that yellow thread is odd, too. It makes me wonder if the quilter was someone with very limited means (or access) who used whatever they could find or even pick out of the trash? Are you familiar with the story of the three women who were kept locked away in Cleveland? A situation sort of like that, perhaps.

Is it that they're having difficulty, or are we being impatient? As much as we all want answers, this isn't a recent crime, and may not be a "rush" priority.

The way I see it, debirfan, for what it's worth, is that this crime could very possibly be linked with other very serious crimes, and because of that, it would be a priority for those investigating.

Even if there is only one family involved, and the murder is isolated and not connected to other murders / murderers, or a paedophile ring, there is still the question of what social services were or weren't doing. IMO a case like this often turns up issues in the community at large, and it is a matter of public interest to have it looked into swiftly and fully so that lessons can be learned. I think personally that police will be under a lot of public pressure to find answers not only to the mystery pertaining to this little girl, but to the question of "what went wrong".

But what use is a DNA profile unless you have someone to compare it to?

http://www.brisbanet...806-git775.html

A two-year-old boy has been abducted from Cairns, with police desperately searching for a vehicle he is believed to be in.
Police fear Oliver Steer "may be at risk" after being taken from a property on Wiseman Road in Edmonton about 2.05pm.
A man was seen putting the boy into a silver 1998 Ford Falcon with registration number 726-TYN. The car was last seen heading south on the Bruce Highway at Kurrimine Beach.

Read more: http://www.brisbanet...l#ixzz3i1JWE600
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

He was last seen wearing a white and grey Thomas the Tank Engine shirt with a red collar, denim shorts and Thomas the Tank Engine sandals.
Police describe the man as 181 centimetres tall with a medium build, light brown hair and brown eyes. He was Police describe the man as 181 centimetres tall with a medium build, light brown hair and brown eyes.
He was last seen dressed all in black in a t-shirt, running shorts, running shoes and a dark-coloured backpack.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...rom-cairns-20150806-git775.html#ixzz3i1MRkaBR
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

But what use is a DNA profile unless you have someone to compare it to?

Haircolor, eyecolor, race, heriditary diseaeses, birth defects, maybe something could be indicative for incest.

And like I said before. You could compare it with the DNA of young missing women, that might have given birth to a child while being abducted.

FromGermany: I think a pedophile ring is much less likely than the parent/caregiver committing the crime. If she was kidnapped for the ring, then why wasn't she reported missing? If she was being "shared" by the parent/caregiver, then their motive for murdering her is probably not related to the pedophile ring. I know it's terrible to say it but what what motive would a pedophile ring have for murdering a child? A deceased child doesn't meet their needs. And if they killed her to keep her quiet -- well, this is an organised criminal syndicate and I don't believe that they would beat/stab/shoot a child. No, they would poison her milk or smother her with a pillow so that her skeleton was ever found, no coroner could say "this child was murdered".

DutchTreat: I don't know much about DNA but I used to follow a blog of a lawyer who used to analyse Law & Order SVU episodes. She said over and over again that DNA takes weeks in real life. I don't think it means anything that they are having trouble with a DNA profile, just that a lot of work in a lab is required in real life.

Edit: Sorry, just realised that a lot of other people have said much the same thing about DNA. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz