AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The areas that Police said they would include in the search and door knock is the farms in the area which made me think about that thought I had about the suitcase looking like it had been submerged in water for a very long time. Farms are known to have dams... is it crazy to think that it is possible that the suitcase could have been hidden below water in one of these dams. would google earth show farms/properties with dams or maybe even large water tanks?

Yes, I think that would be possible. Could there have such a place close to where the remains/suitcase were found? A place that would only have contained water at exceptional circumstances. Like a major flood. Or the fire department using huge amounts of water to put out a road side fire? So that would explain possible charring or water staining and why the DNA profile is taking so long.

Or any structures something could have lay hidden in for years, but that was altered/worked on during the road construction.
Cause I don't think this was a random timeframe that the remains were left there.

What if the person who left the remains and the quilt in that bush, took it out of a wet suitcase straight away and put it in the bush with items left behind by random construction workers who had nothing to do with it (the straw hat and a glove?). As to distract the the forensic people. Than zipped up the suitcase and put it hanging in the bush.'

No wonder nobody saw remains going through the suitcase.
But that would mean whoever left the suitcase if it had been wet for years knew DNA of the killer would be hard to retrieve. And lots of innocent people would leave DNA on it.

But why. Does that person wants closure but not to be caught?

I think I've found the coat - not pink, but the flowers match the latest enhanced image on the SAPOL poster.
ebay coat.PNG

Here is the ebay listing - I searched completed listings for more examples.

Girls Winter Coat

Here's the tag on the coat but it's almost hidden by the fur - I can't make it out.

coat tag.PNG

Patchwork lead as search for killer of child in suitcase continues

HOMICIDE detectives are investigating if the quilt fabric found with the remains of a girl dumped beside a highway in the Murray Mallee was sourced from a local shop.

Police yesterday visited two Karoonda quilt shops in their search for clues relating to the quilt found with the girl’s remains, a suitcase and clothing by the side of the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka, on July 14.

The quilt shops were among 810 homes and businesses doorknocked by police over a 250sq km area in the Murray Mallee region on Wednesday and on Tuesday.

Det-Insp Hutchins said police had now finished doorknocking properties within a 16km radius of Karoonda.

“We’ll reassess through mapping how we’ve done, how successful we have been and we’ll make a decision to see if we would need to widen the search further,” he said.

Police also delivered information pamphlets to Loxton, Berri and Renmark yesterday.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...itcase-continues/story-fni6uo1m-1227471801631

Surely the police would be able to determine what kind of thread was used and if it's a fire resistant thread. And who would be in the posession of that kind of thread. Like places where safety clothing, firefighters clothing, roadworkers clothing, ambulance personnel clothing etc. is repaired/distributed/cleaned etc.

I think I know how a sewing machine can do this chain stitch.
You wind the thicker embroidery thread onto the bobbin and loosen the bobbin tension, straight stitch from the underside and the bobbin thread becomes the feature. I remember I did this once many years ago.
The sewer didn't tie the threads off, that's why they are unravelling.

What also makes me wonder is why the DNA profile is taking so long. What could have happened to a skeleton that according to police belongs to a little girl that might have been murdered as recent as 12-18 months ago !

Does anyone know what would make it so hard? Could the remains have been in water (like a watertank or something else with water) or are the bones burned?

I'm thinking an ants nest.
I'm sorry but I really didn't want to say.

if the man seen carrying a suitcase is in fact involved in this case then my belief is that he placed that suitcase there to be found because he has been holding on to this secret for a long time he has probably been covering for someone who may have now passed, like a son or a daughter who maybe earlier on moved away from the area as a rebellious teen or young adult looking for more to life than country living but then return home to the country back to their parents property after falling pregnant and having a child and when i think about the state of the suitcase and clothing I think it was hidden in water on private property.

i don't know my thoughts are all over the place its late and my mind is throwing all sorts of scenarios at me.... whatever it may be I pray this little angel can have her name back soon and can be layed to rest peacefully

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

I found a link where it shows the detective pick up the straw hat from the bushes. There is also a video where you see him pick up something that looks like a glove? picking up from the same spot it seems. But I can't find the video anywhere.

Does anyone know if it had been raining in the time the suitcase must have been there? Could rain be (also) the cause for the staining on the clothes?

I know tree sap can stain everything brown. If you see anything stored under a tree it's covered with brown kind of dye or when leaves fall to the bottom of a pool the stain is hard to remove.
Once we had a tree fall into our pool and instantly the water went brown.

I actually thought they had interviewed that man who moved the case to the side of the road.
I remember reading that he had said he moved it into full view because he thought someone might be looking for it.
I may be wrong, but I certainly read that somewhere.

Thanks for that correction, Jane - apparently I'm out of date with news reports!

Don't ya love our cops?
A young suit chatting up a golden oldie. Now that's a sweet photo!:blushing:
:loveyou:
OT/ I am in the US, but this case and little William have me swooning over Australian law enforcement. Most of the officers in my town are older gentleman with beer bellies hanging below their bulletproof vests. No debonair men in suits here lol.

OT/ I am in the US, but this case and little William have me swooning over Australian law enforcement. Most of the officers in my town are older gentleman with beer bellies hanging below their bulletproof vests. No debonair men in suits here lol.

Yes, I'm in the U.S. too, Mountaingazer, and I sometimes wonder how some of officers manage to move quickly in an emergency.

Can anyone Help?
I'm trying to find a news report or other info regarding police finding the person who eventually emptied out the suitcase. Does anyone have a link?
The newest news report I can find on that topic is from July 25th, stating that the person who did that has not come forward. Are there updates on this? Thank you!

I've been following along with this tragic and baffling case and I think you all have really interesting ideas.

I don't have much to add, but I did want to say that I think the pumpkin fabric in the quilt could be quite old. Someone showed a picture of it alongside a fabric with sunflowers somewhere earlier in this thread. I had a dress in high school with fabric just like the sunflower material shown. It was a baby-doll style dress with a denim top and a big, full skirt made from the sunflower fabric, which had a blue and white checked background with big yellow sunflowers. It was almost identical to the photo here in the thread in terms of the flowers' spacing and size, etc. I would have bought the dress around 1994. Sunflowers were very popular in clothing and home decor during that era. I particularly remember these designs being popular with teenage girls, as I was at the time, maybe in part because that was when the Elizabeth Arden perfume called Sunflowers came out. I knew a lot of girls who wore it. All of this to say that if the pumpkin fabric really is associated with sunflower fabrics, it may be much older than the 10 years or so some have conjectured.

I check this thread a few times a day and will keep hoping for a resolution soon.

Can anyone Help?
I'm trying to find a news report or other info regarding police finding the person who eventually emptied out the suitcase. Does anyone have a link?
The newest news report I can find on that topic is from July 25th, stating that the person who did that has not come forward. Are there updates on this? Thank you!

Yep, I found it:
"One man told police he found it just after the road was resurfaced in late March.Intrigued, he dragged it from behind low bushes close to the road shoulder to look inside. He did not see the child’s remains hidden among the clothing — that came later when another man noticed a jawbone through the clothing."

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...uspect-sightings/story-fns0kb1g-1227449340361

I've been following along with this tragic and baffling case and I think you all have really interesting ideas.

I don't have much to add, but I did want to say that I think the pumpkin fabric in the quilt could be quite old. Someone showed a picture of it alongside a fabric with sunflowers somewhere earlier in this thread. I had a dress in high school with fabric just like the sunflower material shown. It was a baby-doll style dress with a denim top and a big, full skirt made from the sunflower fabric, which had a blue and white checked background with big yellow sunflowers. It was almost identical to the photo here in the thread in terms of the flowers' spacing and size, etc. I would have bought the dress around 1994. Sunflowers were very popular in clothing and home decor during that era. I particularly remember these designs being popular with teenage girls, as I was at the time, maybe in part because that was when the Elizabeth Arden perfume called Sunflowers came out. I knew a lot of girls who wore it. All of this to say that if the pumpkin fabric really is associated with sunflower fabrics, it may be much older than the 10 years or so some have conjectured.

I check this thread a few times a day and will keep hoping for a resolution soon.

I'm pretty sure we had a tablecloth made from that exact pumpkin fabric in our break room at work in the early 2000's and it wouldn't have been new then. You're probably right about it being from the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member