AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Task Force Mallee investigators continued their widespread canvass of the Wynarka area today in relation to the ongoing investigation into the murder of an unidentified little girl.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/videos/vb.101740356569982/907695485974461/?type=2&theater

video at above link

Oh, please ask her about the yellow thread, and also about the coloured quilt batt. Who uses coloured quilt batt on a baby quilt? Hmmm... no one. It's just not available in these parts.

I agree that the yellow thread might be some kind of embroidery thread. That would explain the chain stitching. But what about the long tails that look like the tread was never trimmed? Aaah, but that could have been where the tails were run through the batting instead of trimmed, which is a normal way to deal with thread tails. So it still makes sense.

But ... I have a quilt that had a lot of embroidery on it. All of the embroidery has deteriorated, and none of the fabric. Perhaps she used some kind of super strong nylon thread. I still think it's the stuff they use to make safety gear.

About the coloured batting. Does anyone here use coloured batting? How prevalent is it's use? And, if the quilt had been in or near a fire, the batting doesn't appear to be affected. Could it be a special fire retardant batt? Wool? Police said it was polyester, so maybe it is, but if that's the case, it didn't go through a fire.

Here's a wonderful article with excellent pictures showing different quilt batts and the type of damage caused when burned. The very last picture is a polyester batting.

http://www.imqa.org/media/uploads/2011/11/17/files/BattingArticleFall2011_1.pdf

Surely the police would be able to determine what kind of thread was used and if it's a fire resistant thread. And who would be in the posession of that kind of thread. Like places where safety clothing, firefighters clothing, roadworkers clothing, ambulance personnel clothing etc. is repaired/distributed/cleaned etc.

Yea they can test the tread, and it's not difficult to do so. They'd probably send it to a textile lab. We did tests like this when I was in university. Police might have done so already, unless they don't realise that it's not ordinary quilt thread. That's why I wanted to draw attention to it.

I also think that if the skull had been intact, the first person to see the bones would have realised they were human. Yet apparently it was seeing the jawbone that made the finder think it was human remains.

And it's probably why they haven't done a facial reconstruction. Horrible!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

I found a link where it shows the detective pick up the straw hat from the bushes. There is also a video where you see him pick up something that looks like a glove? picking up from the same spot it seems. But I can't find the video anywhere.

Does anyone know if it had been raining in the time the suitcase must have been there? Could rain be (also) the cause for the staining on the clothes?

This was discussed back in thread 2.

Ah thanks I didn't know that.

Would you happen to know around what page? My computer is starting to hyperventilate from all the scrolling.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

I found a link where it shows the detective pick up the straw hat from the bushes. There is also a video where you seen him pick up something that looks like a glove? picking up from the same spot it seems. But I can't find the video anywhere.

Does anyone know if it had been raining in the time the suitcase must have been there? Could rain be (also) the cause for the staining on the clothes?

The weather and in particular the rainfall at the time was also discussed in thread #2.

I think, I have found a similar exemplar to the winter coat:

ebay, Chloesclothing3

View attachment 79469

Pumpkin Patch - quality kidswear. the world's best online kidswear fashion destination

I have a similar coat for my girl, will take a picture. Its beige faux suede, satin lining, fake fur trim made by the brand Fun Spirit. I can not seem to get a clear picture of the embroidery on the pictures supplied by SA police or media to compare (I can see they are dark are they stained by the black substance on the coat?)- maybe someone here has better eyes than me. I received mine via "hand me down" so don't know what year it was sold but it is really a lovely coat - the satin/sateen lining makes my little one feel special. Sigh - poor sweet innocent little girl lost in a horrific way makes my heart ache.

kidscoat2.jpg

Considering the odd yellow thread, the machine quilting, the pumpkins which may have been part of a tablecloth - I'm thinking perhaps a novice quilter (and possibly one with limited resources and/or access to materials). More likely family than someone in a group making quilts to donate.

That would be my guess also.

I am trying to follow the quilting talk here although I have no idea about quilting. If I was to try to make a quilt or similar I would use whatever thread I could find laying around and thread through the needle. Perhaps it was the same for whoever did make the quilt - e.g. high school home economics where you often supply some of the materials yourself etc.

My daughter had a pink coat just like that one. It was purchased at either Big W or Best and Less from memory. We would have bought it in either 2009 or very early 2010 as it was used on an overseas trip in May 2010.
I have heaps of photos of her in it because it looked so beautiful. I'll compare them tomorrow and see if it might be the same as the one from the suitcase.

The areas that Police said they would include in the search and door knock is the farms in the area which made me think about that thought I had about the suitcase looking like it had been submerged in water for a very long time. Farms are known to have dams... is it crazy to think that it is possible that the suitcase could have been hidden below water in one of these dams. would google earth show farms/properties with dams or maybe even large water tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr