AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this comment is useful, but what the yellow stitching on the quilt reminds me of is the thread you get at the top of flour bags (wheat and chaff bags too) where you pull one thread and the whole thing unravels.
I wonder if the yellow thread is something heavier and industrial and was meant to be pulled away once the quilt was finished?
[video=youtube;Q-NHxRwds4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-NHxRwds4g[/video]

I have to say, I still find suitcase-man utterly baffling.
He is seen several times and on 2 specific dates, over 3-4 weeks, with suitcase and without, wandering about in an area where people don't just wander about, yet he is so nondescript other than "neat" and "average" and 60ish.

Also, given that the case found on the highway is really quite small (60cm wide by 40cm tall when carried by the handle) and more a hold-all than a suitcase, if the man was carrying something similar I'm quite surprised it was even noticed.
It would seem to me, if I'd seen man and bag, like it might be a camera bag or laptop bag and I'd probably associate the man with being a stock agent or a real estate person.

The thing that counts against him being some sort of agent is the fact that he was not friendly to the walking ladies, which is odd.
Stock agent and real estate agents both tend to have very outgoing personalities.
Yet we get this odd picture of him dithering about with a bag.

If it is the same bag (with remains) it still makes no sense, because he is not attempting to either report the contents or conceal the contents. Yet he wanders about with it, goes for a 2k hike with it, and fails to adequately hide it on the roadside.

It's truly bizarre, and I am cynical enough to wonder if some people are "remembering" this man a bit wrong on purpose.

Murdered girl 'could have been transient'.

HOMICIDE detectives investigating the murder of a girl dumped beside a South Australian highway have not ruled out she belonged to a transient family.
Major Crime officers believe the girl - aged between 2 and 4 - may have lived somewhere in the Murray Mallee area before she was killed, possibly up to seven years ago.
“It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a person who’s lived there for a long time,” he said. “It could be transient people who’ve moved between states and who’ve perhaps been in that area for a short period of time and moved on."

• ANDREW DOWDELL
  • August 05, 20159:23AM

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...469032374?sv=1112b35778699f4b82705710ba6c8ac3

C
I just read some articles about it, and that is really beyond belief. I can't really find more info about where these people came from and how long they had been staying in the horror house before they were discovered.

Does anyone have any info on that? What did they do for a living? Or had been doing for a living before they ended up there. Could they have ties to Wynarka?
And was one of these people out of jail around march, april to hypothetically put the suitcase there?
I find the "colt" family far better suspects than this family. I don't think killing a child would be the way this family operate.

I have to say, I still find suitcase-man utterly baffling.
He is seen several times and on 2 specific dates, over 3-4 weeks, with suitcase and without, wandering about in an area where people don't just wander about, yet he is so nondescript other than "neat" and "average" and 60ish.

Also, given that the case found on the highway is really quite small (60cm wide by 40cm tall when carried by the handle) and more a hold-all than a suitcase, if the man was carrying something similar I'm quite surprised it was even noticed.
It would seem to me, if I'd seen man and bag, like it might be a camera bag or laptop bag and I'd probably associate the man with being a stock agent or a real estate person.

The thing that counts against him being some sort of agent is the fact that he was not friendly to the walking ladies, which is odd.
Stock agent and real estate agents both tend to have very outgoing personalities.

If it is the same bag (with remains) it still makes no sense, because he is not attempting to either report the contents or conceal the contents. Yet he wanders about with it, goes for a 2k hike with it, and fails to adequately hide it on the roadside.

It's truly bizarre, and I am cynical enough to wonder if some people are "remembering" this man a bit wrong on purpose.

I agree with your analysis, Jane.

Yes, there are at least two big contradictions here:

The contents of the suitcase that was found had been successfully concealed for years, and no family members came forward. Then, by contrast, the case is suddenly brought out of concealment and put in a public place with hundreds of passers by. (Yes, I do believe, for what it's worth, that that was a deliberate act by someone who was aware of what the suitcase contained.)

And there's also the contradiction of suitcaseman placing the case in public view and taking little care to conceal his own presence in the town, yet refusing to communicate with police.

But perhaps we are expecting too much of suitcaseman - an extremely disturbed individual if he knew of the case's contents - in thinking he should be acting rationally.

Yes AtaraMalka, and police do say that they solve the majority of crimes because the perpetrators are stupid and their motives are obvious (unlike TV dramas).

Yet, if suitcase-man really did carry THE suitcase, I find his indecision over a period of 6 weeks about what to do with it and where to leave it so peculiar.

If he was described as unkempt and muttering to himself, or something like that, then the idea that he was mentally disturbed would gel. But nobody who saw him has described him as anything other than neatly dressed and his behaviour prior to the case being discovered does not seem to have alarmed or interested anyone.

I really wish we had a full list of the sightings of this man.

If there's property for sale in the area - maybe someone doing a home inspection? (The sort where the house is checked for termites/mold/leaky roof/etc.) Or a surveyor?

Yes AtaraMalka, and police do say that they solve the majority of crimes because the perpetrators are stupid and their motives are obvious (unlike TV dramas).

Yet, if suitcase-man really did carry THE suitcase, I find his indecision over a period of 6 weeks about what to do with it and where to leave it so peculiar.

If he was described as unkempt and muttering to himself, or something like that, then the idea that he was mentally disturbed would gel. But nobody who saw him has described him as anything other than neatly dressed and his behaviour prior to the case being discovered does not seem to have alarmed or interested anyone.

I really wish we had a full list of the sightings of this man.

Maybe be he didn't look mentally disturbed, but perhaps he was one of those people who was good at passing himself off as normal? Stuart Pearce and the like didn't have glaring oddities.

Just a thought but could he have been the person who pulled the suitcase out of the bush and brought it nearer to the road? If he had placed the suitcase there in order to bring the murder to police attention, he may have been coming back to check on the suitcase to see if it had been discovered.

ETA: police are saying that despite many people admitting to looking in the suitcase, they are still waiting for the person who opened it and moved it forward to contact them. That person seems to be as reluctant to help as suitcaseman, so perhaps the planter and the mover are one and the same?

It's hard to tell, but I think it might be the seam lines. Someone mentioned earlier that it might have been paper pieced, and maybe not quilted. She may be right. I don't see two different threads, but maybe the sewing thread has all rotten and all we see is the yellow topstitching. I can't see if well enough to know which it is.

I sure wish that I could get a close look. I'd love to make a reconstruction.

Actually ... I think that the police posted it on their fb site and had some fairly clear pictures. If only I could find that website again, I could get a better look.

Has anyone been able to find polyester quilting thread in that colour?

QuiltStitches.jpeg

https://www.berrimapatchwork.com.au/shop/category/superior-threads-1/bottom-line-thread/

Just changed my avatar (until suitcaseman will be identified). :)

would it have been more beneficial to the investigation if they conducted this doorknock and getting info out in the first week. people by now have read countless newspaper articles and seen it all over the news which may affect the information they give police now... not to mention that by now it would have given ample time to get the hell out of there if one was responsible.... ?? thought??

I have attempted to do a comparison of the size of an average male, the known height of the child and the known size of the suitcase to hopefully gain a more accurate idea of how suitcase man may have looked when carrying the case - if it is the same case.
comparison.gif

would it have been more beneficial to the investigation if they conducted this doorknock and getting info out in the first week. people by now have read countless newspaper articles and seen it all over the news which may affect the information they give police now... not to mention that by now it would have given ample time to get the hell out of there if one was responsible.... ?? thought??

Better now than never, IMO.

July 15th

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ Jul 15

Police door knocking in #Wynarka some local have reported seeing the suitcase over the last month or so.

BONES DISCOVERY: Major crime detectives are on there way to conduct an extensive search of the area. @Staceylee_

July 18th

Jessica Adamson ‏@JessAdamson7 Jul 18

Detectives investigating the shocking child bones mystery have been stopping motorists at Wynarka @7NewsAdelaide at 6

...police are saying that despite many people admitting to looking in the suitcase, they are still waiting for the person who opened it and moved it forward to contact them. ...

I actually thought they had interviewed that man who moved the case to the side of the road.
I remember reading that he had said he moved it into full view because he thought someone might be looking for it.
I may be wrong, but I certainly read that somewhere.

I have attempted to do a comparison of the size of an average male, the known height of the child and the known size of the suitcase to hopefully gain a more accurate idea of how suitcase man may have looked when carrying the case - if it is the same case.
View attachment 79451

I believe these 2 photos being displayed side by side on the SAPOL site and later in the media previously confused people re the size of the case.
2sidebyside.gif
Being viewed like that it gives the impression that the case is much bigger than it actually is and that a 2-3 yo child could actually fit inside it, but when viewed in proportion, you can see that it would be impossible.

View attachment 79451
Thanks for that Jane. I thought the case was reported as being 60cm on its longest side, not 55cm. Also, if it's 40cm in the other direction, I think your man would be around 194cm, around 6'5".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties