AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haircolor, eyecolor, race, heriditary diseaeses, birth defects, maybe something could be indicative for incest.

And like I said before. You could compare it with the DNA of young missing women, that might have given birth to a child while being abducted.
This might be a stupid question. I am curious when they run DNA of unidentified persons and they run it through namas do they also run it against people locked up in prison? What if the person who murdered (aka a parent or sibbling) the unidentified is in the system for a different crime. Sorry if this question did not make any sense . (It did to me in my head) lol! [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I think a pedophile ring is much less likely than the parent/caregiver committing the crime.

Me too.
The situation, as I imagine it, is that a parent killed this child, which is why she has never been reported missing.
Either the killer or perhaps the killer's partner kept the remains and clothes.
I imagine a non-sociable single parent or couple living somewhere fairly remote where possibly nobody even knew there was a child.
After the child's death they buried the body then, for some reason, they later dug up the bones and put them in the case with favourite clothes and quilt; possibly because they were moving.
Quite why and how the suitcase ended up on the side of the road is still a mystery though, but I continue to think it was stolen from a shed, probably somewhere close by.
So, if I was investigating my theory, I'd be looking at people (single or couple) who were new to the area in the past couple of years and would have brought the case with them.
The dreadful difficulty with my theory is that the murder could have taken place anywhere 6-7 years ago.

They seem sure the child was violently murdered. Any child that had been murdered and subsequently buried would show clear signs of having had a post mortem I think.

Reading the story of the Colt family, made me remember the story from Austria several years ago where the father had kidnapped his own daughter, I believe she was 16 at the time, he had kept her in the basement dungeon he built in the family home, he fathered several children with his daughter, then his wife raised the children. I don't believe the wife had any idea what her husband was doing, these children would show up on the doorstep with a note from the daughter saying she couldn't care for them.

When thinking that maybe they lived very remotely, the popular Dora items makes me discount this.

When thinking of the dumpsite, I think that the person wanted the remains found, they could have taken and scattered the bones all over the place, with the vastness they could have thrown a bone here and a bone there, yet they choose to leave them intact not far off the road.

The older gentleman, was he walking proudly with his head up, did he have his head down, was he walking with a hurried pace, was he casually strolling, did he appear to be nervous, did he have a normal gait, did he limp, did his clothes appear to be dated or were they more recent fashion. I have wondered if this older gentleman could also be a victim of abuse, if he has a mental handicap of some varying degree, he could be of a very compliant nature. I just can't see a rational older gentleman walking down the road carrying the remains of a child, like it's normal.

I wonder when they will get the DNA profile back of this little angel,

Reading the story of the Colt family, made me remember the story from Austria several years ago where the father had kidnapped his own daughter, I believe she was 16 at the time, he had kept her in the basement dungeon he built in the family home, he fathered several children with his daughter, then his wife raised the children. I don't believe the wife had any idea what her husband was doing, these children would show up on the doorstep with a note from the daughter saying she couldn't care for them.

When thinking that maybe they lived very remotely, the popular Dora items makes me discount this.

When thinking of the dumpsite, I think that the person wanted the remains found, they could have taken and scattered the bones all over the place, with the vastness they could have thrown a bone here and a bone there, yet they choose to leave them intact not far off the road.

The older gentleman, was he walking proudly with his head up, did he have his head down, was he walking with a hurried pace, was he casually strolling, did he appear to be nervous, did he have a normal gait, did he limp, did his clothes appear to be dated or were they more recent fashion. I have wondered if this older gentleman could also be a victim of abuse, if he has a mental handicap of some varying degree, he could be of a very compliant nature. I just can't see a rational older gentleman walking down the road carrying the remains of a child, like it's normal.

I wonder when they will get the DNA profile back of this little angel,

Yes I had considered that perhaps this man is suffering with dementia.....hence the manner of disposal of the suitcase.

Considering that nobody seems to have been able to offer anything more specific about suitcase-man's appearance than that he was "neatly dressed" and that they didn't know him, I rather doubt he had any distinguishing features such as a limp.

Also, he is described as "clean cut", which make dementia sound unlikely to me.
And he is described as only about 60 (hardly elderly) , which is rather young for dementia anyway.

-----------
Superintendent Bray said a man was seen by locals at Wynarka walking towards the highway between six to eight weeks ago carrying a suitcase between 7:30am and 8am.

"That person was about 60 years of age, average height, lightly built and neatly dressed and clean cut," he said.
"We have no description of the clothes he was wearing but he was carrying a dark-coloured suitcase in one hand ... he was not a local.
--------------
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...r-childs-bones-found-in-murray-mallee/6624462

I'm not talking dementia, I'm talking of someone that was either born with a mental impairment or sustained a head injury causing mental impairment. The gentleman could have early onset dementia, but I doubt it.

I worked for a service that drove such people to appointments, they needed help with day to day things, I also have a nephew that was born with the cord around his neck,he was what was referred to at the time a blue baby, he has mental impairment due to lack of oxygen, my nephew is in his 40's if I told him to go put the suitcase under that tree he would without any thought, he would just be doing what he was instructed to do. I also remember as a child going to the nursing home and there was a woman in her 30's living there, she had been so severely beaten by her husband, the mental impairment that he caused she lost her hearing, she couldn't form sentences, it was really sad, yet she could have easily carried a suitcase as she appeared healthy and strong until you tried to communicate with her.

Well I suppose it's a scenario worth considering, skinnycat, but it does add another person into the "plot" which would seem to make it easier to find a lead.
The more people involved the more likely one will say something.
But frankly, the whole suitcase man thing is just so unlikely - broad daylight, no attempt to conceal - that I think he is not going to turn out to be involved at all when police eventually track him down.

It's still possible this suitcase man had absolutely nothing to do with dumping the suitcase that contained the remains. Because he has not come forward, police have been unable to rule him in or out yet but there could be a perfectly innocent explanation for that. It does seem odd for a rational person to wander around and be seen by multiple people with incriminating evidence but maybe that isn't what happened. I do wonder if the police actually do have a more comprehensive description of this guy but have chosen not to make it public just yet.

Yes I had considered that perhaps this man is suffering with dementia.....hence the manner of disposal of the suitcase.

He's certainly suffering from something. No-one in their right mind could walk with that suitcase, or even touch it. If he is not directly connected with the original crime, that means we now have more than two, unconnected, deranged people
associated with the child. A coincidence?

Well I suppose it's a scenario worth considering, skinnycat, but it does add another person into the "plot" which would seem to make it easier to find a lead.
The more people involved the more likely one will say something.
But frankly, the whole suitcase man thing is just so unlikely - broad daylight, no attempt to conceal - that I think he is not going to turn out to be involved at all when police eventually track him down.

Its going to be very hard to track him down unless someone has him on camera somewhere. He seems extremely determined not to co-operate with police despite the enormous duty on his shoulders to do so.

This might be a stupid question. I am curious when they run DNA of unidentified persons and they run it through namas do they also run it against people locked up in prison? What if the person who murdered (aka a parent or sibbling) the unidentified is in the system for a different crime. Sorry if this question did not make any sense . (It did to me in my head) lol! [emoji5]

I found my answer.. yes but it looks like the state has to request them to be included in codis .
https://m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi....tric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

CODIS DNA Databases

Q: How do these DNA databases using CODIS work?
A: For example, in the case of a sexual assault where an evidence kit is collected from the victim, a DNA profile of the suspected perpetrator is developed from the swabs in the kit. The forensic unknown profile attributed to the suspected perpetrator is searched against their state database of convicted offender and arrestee profiles (contained within the Convicted Offender and Arrestee Indices, if that state is authorized to collect and database DNA samples from arrestees). If there is a candidate match in the Convicted Offender or Arrestee Index, the laboratory will go through procedures to confirm the match and, if confirmed, will obtain the identity of the suspected perpetrator. The DNA profile from the evidence is also searched against the state’s database of crime scene DNA profiles called the Forensic Index. If there is a candidate match in the Forensic Index, the laboratory goes through the confirmation procedures and, if confirmed, the match will have linked two or more crimes together. The law enforcement agencies involved in these cases are then able to share the information obtained on each of the cases and possibly develop additional leads.

Q: What happens after there is a hit in the DNA database?
A: CODIS was designed to compare a target DNA record against the DNA records contained in the database. Once a match is identified by the CODIS software, the laboratories involved in the match exchange information to verify the match and establish coordination between their two agencies. The match of the forensic DNA record against the DNA record in the database may be used to establish probable cause to obtain an evidentiary DNA sample from the suspect. The law enforcement agency can use this documentation to obtain a court order authorizing the collection of a known biological reference sample from the offender. The casework laboratory can then perform a DNA analysis on the known biological sample so that this analysis can be presented as evidence in court.
This might be a stupid question. I am curious when they run DNA of unidentified persons and they run it through namas do they also run it against people locked up in prison? What if the person who murdered (aka a parent or sibbling) the unidentified is in the system for a different crime. Sorry if this question did not make any sense . (It did to me in my head) lol! emoji5

We don't know for a fact that it was the same suitcase.

He's certainly suffering from something. No-one in their right mind could walk with that suitcase, or even touch it. If he is not directly connected with the original crime, that means we now have more than two, unconnected, deranged people
associated with the child. A coincidence?

A DNA profile is expected to take longer due to the degradation of the remains.
Police have released more details about the man seen walking along the road carrying a dark suitcase about 60cm long and 40cm wide, at about 8am one morning about six to eight weeks ago.
He is described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, av. erage height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed. He was not known to locals.
Mr Bray said on Thursday that the man was seen by some local women as he walked towards the highway, across the railway line, carrying a suitcase.
"He was carrying a dark-coloured suitcase in one hand and he was carrying it as opposed to wheeling it," he said.
The man did not "engage" with them, which they found unusual in the small town.
"They (the women) didn't recognise this person as a local and they haven't seen him since," he said.
Calls to Crime Stoppers have revealed the man was also seen on the highway walking with a suitcase west of Wynarka heading towards Murray Bridge.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/vic...s-skeleton-20150717-gif6sk.html#ixzz3i3Pl5h3i
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

You are right, Tootsie.
Even the time frames don't match as the earliest reported sighting of the case on the roadside was BEFORE suitcase-man was seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn