AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the road workers have been spoken too and none of them have seen the case.

Someone has come forward and said they found the case in the trees and moved it closer to the road in case it fell off the back of a vehicle (unlikely), you can watch a clip on youtube and he's there explaining to police where he moved the case.

If it was further from the road, a worker could have tossed it closer to the road (I don't know how it looked in March, but in current photos the faded bag could have been assumed to be trash, and a worker could have moved it to where he thought a "clean up crew" or the like would dispose of it.)

Thanks for the clarification debirlfan. I'm going to look at the video that Bliss Perth mentions.

Hi - I'm new here. I have been following these threads since this mystery began and reading all the police and media reports because it is just so strange.
So I'd like to offer my 2 bobs worth.

The original position of the case was suspended in a shrub seeming as if it was thrown there - just chucked out, with no attempt made to conceal it.
This actually makes me wonder if whoever dumped it even knew what was inside, other than some tatty old clothes.

Now, I'm certainly not psychic, but here is the scenario that keeps going around inside my head.
There have been a lot of thefts from sheds in the area lately. Enough to be called a "string" by the local media >>> http://www.5mu.com.au/news/news/44941-theft
So what if someone stealing from a shed took the old suitcase and, while driving the back roads, pulled over to see what was in it.
Discovering from a cursory glance only some worthless, damaged children's clothing, they simply tossed the bag and its contents into the roadside scrub.

If the bones were wrapped in the quilt it is unlikely thieves would have even bothered to look inside considering the state of it.

This would explain both why the bag was not hidden and why it contained items that may possibly lead to the identification of the child

I have a question I cannot find an answer to...
The women who were out walking when they saw suitcase man - where were they?
Were they in Wynarka or Karoonda?

This is an interesting coincidence... A police road safety operation focusing on organised crime and drugs took place near Tailem Bend around the time we have been told the suitcase was likely dumped. If a truck driver was pre-warned by other drivers before arriving at the weighing station (and potentially having the suitcase searched), he could have made a turn off and ended up near Wynarka. This would explain the suitcase hanging in the bushes (ie. being thrown from a truck)?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...-truck-driver-drugs-road-safety-blitz/6481702

If somebody needed to get rid of the suitcase in a hurry(as above), maybe that somebody (or an associate) needed to return to the suitcase because something of value was left in the case (drugs/identifying evidence/money/etc)? Perhaps he wasn't intending to walk anywhere with the suitcase, but when he saw cars/pedestrians approaching, thought it less suspicious to start walking with the case?

The original position of the case was suspended in a shrub seeming as if it was thrown there - just chucked out, with no attempt made to conceal it.
This actually makes me wonder if whoever dumped it even knew what was inside, other than some tatty old clothes.
Now, I'm certainly not psychic, but here is the scenario that keeps going around inside my head.
There have been a lot of thefts from sheds in the area lately. Enough to be called a "string" by the local media >>> http://www.5mu.com.au/news/news/44941-theft
So what if someone stealing from a shed took the old suitcase and, while driving the back roads, pulled over to see what was in it.
Discovering from a cursory glance only some worthless, damaged children's clothing, they simply tossed the bag and its contents into the roadside scrub.

Hmm. What if someone stole the case, looked inside and DID see the bones? If the bag-stealer is simply a low level thief and nothing more, then it puts him in a rather difficult position if he wants to do the right thing. (I can think of a case awhile back where someone stole a computer and found that it was filled with child *advertiser censored* - if I remember correctly they went to the police but cut some sort of deal.) Anyhow, the thief might leave the bag where he thought it would be found...

I have a question I cannot find an answer to...
The women who were out walking when they saw suitcase man - where were they?
Were they in Wynarka or Karoonda?
The ladies were in Wynarka Jane.

Mystery man spotted with suitcase carrying skeletal remains of little girl found dumped by the highway...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-release-mannequin-showing-looked-like.html

'Six to eight weeks ago, local women were out walking about 8am when they saw an elderly male walking towards the highway and across the railway line,' Superintendent Bray said.
'They didn't recognise this person as a local and they haven't seen him since. That person was about 60 years of age, average height, lightly built and neatly dressed and cleaned cut.'
'The people who saw him thought it was odd because he didn't engage with them and most of the locals would chat to one another - even people they don't know,' he continued.
'They have then spoken to other people in Wynarka and another person had seen the person. When they returned to the corner, they couldn't see him'

My gut level feeling on this is that the person who left/threw the suitcase in the bush had nothing to do with the girl's death. I think they recently came into possession of the suitcase, realized what was in it, and for one reason or another were unable or unwilling to go to the police and instead left the suitcase where they thought it would be found.

And I don't think the guy seen walking is involved.

Thanks Snoop Dog.
I saw that the UK Daily Mail had reported it as if the women were in Wynarka, but ABC News (TV) mentioned the women seeing him in Karoonda.
Since then I have not found either a police or other news source that specifies where the sighting was.
How accurate is the Daily Mail reporting?

My gut level feeling on this is that the person who left/threw the suitcase in the bush had nothing to do with the girl's death. I think they recently came into possession of the suitcase, realized what was in it, and for one reason or another were unable or unwilling to go to the police and instead left the suitcase where they thought it would be found.

I agree with you, although whether or not they actually saw what was in the case other than some ruined clothing, I'm not sure.
Either way, they are not putting their hand up saying "it was me".

And I can't see why or how the suitcase man was involved either.
He was seen somewhere (Wynarka or Karoonda - hard to tell where) with a suitcase that nobody mentions being either battered and faded AFTER the first known date the roadside suitcase had been noticed by locals.
I think it is just a coincidence.

JaneSA, your theory of someone stealing the suitcase from someone's shed and then ditching it along the highway sounds very plausible to me. The thief may have only had a cursory look inside the suitcase and chucked it without realising the contents, or they saw the bones and got rid of it so as not to incriminate themselves. Thieves who steal handbags/laptop bags/wallets often take out any valuables and dump the bag/wallet in bins or beside the road etc.

Otherwise, why hang on to incriminating evidence for all these years and then just chuck it in a bush, visible from the road? I don't believe the person really wants to get caught. I think the suitcase man is unrelated. It just doesn't make sense.

Man with suitcase wanted for questioning after 'murdered' child remains found in SA's Murray Mallee
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...in-murray-mallee/6624462?pfm=sm&site=adelaide

Police are searching for a man who had been spotted carrying a suitcase two kilometres from where a child's skeletal remains were found dumped alongside a Murray Mallee highway in South Australia.

Superintendent Bray said a man was seen by locals at Wynarka walking towards the highway between six to eight weeks ago carrying a suitcase between 7:30am and 8am.

Yep.
See, I cannot understand, if you wanted to destroy evidence of a 7 or 8 year old crime, why you wouldn't just drop the bones in a river and burn or simply dump the clothing in the rubbish bin.
Even randomly scattering the bones alongside the roadway would ensure they were unlikely ever to be discovered.
If, as some have suggested, the bones, clothes and case were left somewhere to be reclaimed later, there are plenty more out of the way places to do that, and if you did, why not bury them until retrieval time?
I think someone, probably a parent or grandparent, was storing the clothing and remains for sentimental reasons and somehow they have got into the hands of someone else, completely unconnected to the crime or the child, who has left the case on the roadside, either because the contents were of no value to them, or because what they found scared them.

Another question - back a while ago on the Facebook SAPOL page the police commented that the items had been degraded due to "weathering and other causes" but they refused to say the other causes included burning. I can no longer find that link though.
Did anyone save it?

Just a heads up.

If you post a link and notice that it has asterisks in the address it cannot be posted here due to Websleuth's rules and terms of service (TOS).

Linking to Blocked URLs

If, when posting a link to another site, the address is replaced by asterisks ****** in your post, this means it is a blocked site and should not be linked or posted here in any way. We understand that many do not know a site is blocked until they attempt to post the address. So,please delete your post if you inadvertently post a blocked site, or contact the forum moderator for assistance.

**Remember, if you cannot link to a source, you cannot copy or reference any information from that source in your posts.**

There are various reasons for blocking certain sites and attempts to circumvent these blocks by altering the link to bypass the censor will be met with zero tolerance and a potential permanent ban.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

I'm sure this has been mentioned but with things strewn everywhere could it if been thrown from the train? I know it's not a passenger train but could of been a staff member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also although I am not suggesting there is any link whatsoever to William Tyrell just noticed that the time the suitcase was possibly placed there was close to the time if press releases regarding him speaking of a pedophile ring. Perhaps someone got nervous as they were a known pedophile and wanted to get rid of the remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X
Yep.
See, I cannot understand, if you wanted to destroy evidence of a 7 or 8 year old crime, why you wouldn't just drop the bones in a river and burn or simply dump the clothing in the rubbish bin.
Even randomly scattering the bones alongside the roadway would ensure they were unlikely ever to be discovered.
If, as some have suggested, the bones, clothes and case were left somewhere to be reclaimed later, there are plenty more out of the way places to do that, and if you did, why not bury them until retrieval time?
I think someone, probably a parent or grandparent, was storing the clothing and remains for sentimental reasons and somehow they have got into the hands of someone else, completely unconnected to the crime or the child, who has left the case on the roadside, either because the contents were of no value to them, or because what they found scared them.

Another question - back a while ago on the Facebook SAPOL page the police commented that the items had been degraded due to "weathering and other causes" but they refused to say the other causes included burning. I can no longer find that link though.
Did anyone save it?
I like your thinking Jane

I felt that way at first but then it occurred to me that suitcase man was seen at commuter times. And then I concluded that maybe the cairn of stones relates to him commuting past the spot daily, he wanted to know when he was driving past it. That only leaves why does he dump the suitcase there? I've got an inkling that it wasn't his first choice of location, his first choice was about framing someone or causing trouble to someone, and that something spoiled his ability to dump it at his first choice of location. On his second attempt he said darnit and just dumped it over near the highway.

He lives out past Wynarka but not by much, and he works in Tailem Bend or Murray Bridge at a nine to five job? Just a thought.

A detective said in one of his interviews, that they have spoken to the road crew who worked in the area in feb/march and they didn't see the case. It looks to me as someone has pulled over on the highway walked a small distance and just thrown the case. That's why they case was in the bushes a small distance from the ground. This was confirmed by the person who found the case and moved it onto the building rubbish pile that was reported to the police.

If the building rubbish pile was already there when the suitcase was thrown, it's also possible that whoever threw the suitcase wanted the suitcase to be found when the building rubbisch was collected. It's even possible that someone was monitoring the progress of it being found.

I believe the police are still looking for the person who tipped over the remains into the bushes. What if that person wanted the kids clothes to be spread around and in the open so people/police might check it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro