AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The quilt is described as an "alphabet quilt" where each of the patches represents a letter of the alphabet.

"For example, the pumpkins is the P, the D is a dragonfly, the S is the stars," Mr Bray said.

link: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-30/tributes-left-for-unknown-girl-beside-karoonda-highway/6660538

I hadn't read that before.

So it must have come from an English speaking country most likely. Cause in other languages, it wouldn't work. Dragonfly wouldn't start with a D where I live.

I don't think they usually announce them in advance but they would be reported on social media and the radio once they were up and running. I live in a small town, though nowhere near as small as Wynarka and they do it around here. A lot of country people travel to the nearest large town for a night out on weekends, so I wondered if they did it on that highway to catch people coming home from Murray Bridge.

I think you're probably right about the child dying in summer. I don't think they carefully chose what to put in with her and what to keep out though. I think it was pretty random, maybe she was lying on a pile of stuff when she died and they just scooped up the whole bundle.

I think the clothes look random in the sense that the girl's family, or whoever she was with before she died, was probably pretty poor and simply got a hold of whatever clothes they could lay their hands on. It certainly doesn't look like a 'wardrobe'.

But I think it's also important to remember that there could be clothes that we don't know about which are in police possession. Also, the clothes and the suitcase are not the only items involved. Police stated that there were other items in the suitcase, details of which they said emphatically they were not going to release to the public. If these items were simply more clothes and maybe toys, or other belongings of the child, they surely would be useful in a public appeal. Perhaps then, these things are a bit more sinister i.e. things involved in the death or abuse of the child. (Sorry about the horrible thoughts, but that's the sad reality in these cases).

So while the objects we see in front of us look a bit random, perhaps it would all make a bit more sense looking at the collection as a whole.

The suitcase could have been found at the local rubbish dump around Wynarka.
I can't locate the council tip.

If someone came across the remains in a building they were cleaning out (or the like), they might have stuffed the bones, any clothing and anything else they found into the first container they came across - in other words, the girl might have been a trunk, cardboard box or the like, and the person who moved the remains simply put her into an old suitcase for transport/disposal.

The quilt is described as an "alphabet quilt" where each of the patches represents a letter of the alphabet.

"For example, the pumpkins is the P, the D is a dragonfly, the S is the stars," Mr Bray said.

link: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-30/tributes-left-for-unknown-girl-beside-karoonda-highway/6660538

I hadn't read that before.

So it must have come from an English speaking country most likely. Cause in other languages, it wouldn't work. Dragonfly wouldn't start with a D where I live.

I don't know how they determined it was an alphabet quilt. It only has 25 patches and they're not in alphabetical order.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/asia/australia-suitcase-girl-murder/

If someone came across the remains in a building they were cleaning out (or the like), they might have stuffed the bones, any clothing and anything else they found into the first container they came across - in other words, the girl might have been a trunk, cardboard box or the like, and the person who moved the remains simply put her into an old suitcase for transport/disposal.

I hear what you're saying debirfan, but it somewhat boggles the mind how any sane person could have brought themselves to handle the contents of that suitcase.

IMHO it would be far too distressing an exercise, from a psychological point of view, for anyone other than a person already familiar and 'comfortable' with handling such things (i.e. murderers, some of whom feel no disgust and may even get a thrill from it all) - to have gone anywhere near that suitcase or its contents, knowing what they were.

It is understanable, yes, why a completely innocent person might not want to talk to police; there are lots of reasons. But none of them explain how a person unconnected with violent crime would manage the unpleasant task of handling those remains and transporting them around. That's more the MO of someone who wants to alert or confuse police after they've engaged in foul play.

First time posting here, I've been following the case with interest from the UK, so am obviously unfamiliar with the local area.
One thing that I did think about was the original location of the suitcase suspended (I believe that is how it was described) in the tree. There's a trail of thought that suggests that it may have been thrown from a moving vehicle, or even from the train line (although that is only a goods line iirc) Suitcases aren't the easiest things to throw around, and there must've been a bit of weight in it, would it be physically possible to throw it from either the road or the train line, and if so, what sort of height it was initially reported at may give indication on whether it was possibly thrown from a larger vehicle (like a truck) Just a thought that I had, would it physically be possible to throw it and has it been replicated?

Australia has similar rules at refuse sites. There is different classifications of refuse charged at different rates.

If you have sweet and sour combination, they'll hit you like a wounded bull.

Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
bbm
In GER there are different fees for different rubbish and you may not mix road construction waste with an old tattered suitcase, I think.

I don't think the police have referred to it as an alphabet quilt though. And even in the cnn article linked above I can't find reference to it being an alphabet quilt either.

Also although I am not suggesting there is any link whatsoever to William Tyrell just noticed that the time the suitcase was possibly placed there was close to the time if press releases regarding him speaking of a pedophile ring. Perhaps someone got nervous as they were a known pedophile and wanted to get rid of the remains.

This is something I've been thinking. I also cannot understand why there has not been an Identikit photo of 'suitcase man' except to think the police have an idea who it might be, and while they're appealing for public help, they may already have an inkling who it is, and don't want to 'scare the horses' by making things obvious with a possible identification. Of course it could simply be that the witnesses could not produce a usable Identikit photo...

*new here, registered to reply*

I'm completely hung up on the clothes as well:
(1) These are warm weather clothes for the most part. I'm thinking the child perished during your summer?
(2) I'm wondering if these are *all* the clothes recovered? The lack of underthings struck me. If there weren't any in the bag, would that indicate saving them for a younger sibling?
(3) The clothes themselves. Would they give a clue to the socio-economic status of the child? Nothing matches. Am I the only one that noticed that? Maybe I'm super particular, but my own daughter was pretty color coordinated at that age. Far fetched, but it looks to me like either no one cared about her appearance or was using whatever they could rustle up.

I have to say the same thing struck me, especially the underthings, and there's something strange about that collection of clothing. Sadly it made me wonder if these were 'dress-up' clothes for say different scenarios, photo shoots. Not taking this further, making me sick to my stomach

I think we have to remember that what was found was "skeletal remains" and that police have said she was killed elsewhere.
These are small bones of a small child.
There is no suggestion that decomposition occurred inside the suitcase or that any of the items in the suitcase were gory.

The clothes are just tattered and dirty and it seems the bones may have been wrapped in the quilt.

When the first person to see the suitcase pulled it out of the bush and opened it, they probably just tipped it upside down to see the contents.
The quilt looks so damaged I think it is unlikely anyone would open it out.
The clothes got spread about but the bones probably fell out of whatever they were wrapped in.
Even if they saw the bones, I'm not sure anyone would immediately assume they were human unless the skull was intact.
Apparently, the man who saw them and wondered if they could be human saw the jawbone and that's why he reported it to the police.

Over a period of weeks, several people checked the suitcase, so the contents became even more scattered.
Then, eventually, someone told the police they moved the case to the roadside where it would be visible in case it was mislaid and was being looked for.
At this point the bones had been separated from the case and left under/near the bush.

Also, remember it is only a very small case. It is the size you might have for carry on luggage on a plane.
Throwing it from a car or truck would not be difficult.

I could imagine a truck (owned by the driver) was regularly parked at a private property and the person, who wanted the suitcase disappear threw it on to the (maybe empty) container at night. The driver who perhaps allways is driving the route through Wynarka thought, on this way it would be a good idea to dump the unknown and undesired suitcase (not knowing about the content). :dunno:

Thanks for that summary, JaneSA.

I am confused about the size of the suitcase, though.

In in one of the press conferences, police appear to be showing an example of what looks like what would be an average-sized piece of luggage for the hold.

My iPad is playing up a bit so I can't post the link but the video on YouTube is 'Update on Wynarka Bones Investigation'

I could imagine a truck (owned by the driver) was regularly parked at a private property and the person, who wanted the suitcase disappear threw it on to the (maybe empty) container at night. The driver who perhaps allways is driving the route through Wynarka thought, on this way it would be a good idea to dump the unknown and undesired suitcase (not knowing about the content). :dunno:

Possibly, but why would he get rid of it not knowing the content? For all he knew it might have contained something valuable or something belonging to someone he knew.

This. If they think it's an alphabet quilt with *25* squares then I fear how well this investigation is going to go!

Mabybe the border is a letter too. Like Z for zone? Or M for music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patterson Vincent