AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the missing alphabet letter on the I spy quilt is the first letter of the child's name?

I don't think an I Spy quilt necessarily has to have a patch for every letter of the alphabet - rather lots of different and varied patterned fabrics to make a game of I Spy interesting :) I wonder how many tips have been called in regarding the quilt anyway - hopefully it has jogged someone's memory since the photos were released. I'd hope that even if it was sold by a charity store, a worker there might remember something about it :dunno:

It seems perfectly normal to me. Maybe the ladies only walked on a particular day of the week. Maybe it was someone's birthday or apt that day so they knew the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police were very specific about the dates that witnesses reported seeing this man (13th April, 26th May). That suggests that the witnesses must have been able to give a reason how they worked out the dates (birthday, returning from holiday, or whatever it was).

Sgt Bray also said that some of the people who looked inside the suitcase had given police documented proof that they were in the area at the specific time they claimed.

So there's a lot of detail we as members of the public are missing but it doesn't mean police are not being meticulous.

I think the clothes look random in the sense that the girl's family, or whoever she was with before she died, was probably pretty poor and simply got a hold of whatever clothes they could lay their hands on. It certainly doesn't look like a 'wardrobe'.

But I think it's also important to remember that there could be clothes that we don't know about which are in police possession. Also, the clothes and the suitcase are not the only items involved. Police stated that there were other items in the suitcase, details of which they said emphatically they were not going to release to the public. If these items were simply more clothes and maybe toys, or other belongings of the child, they surely would be useful in a public appeal. Perhaps then, these things are a bit more sinister i.e. things involved in the death or abuse of the child. (Sorry about the horrible thoughts, but that's the sad reality in these cases).

So while the objects we see in front of us look a bit random, perhaps it would all make a bit more sense looking at the collection as a whole.

I respectfully disagree that the items reveal an impoverished background. Although I don't think the items suggest wealth, I think the collection we see matches a middle class lifestyle (though maybe on the lower end of this spectrum...working/middle class). It's not a wardrobe as you point out but more an overnight or weekend's worth of items. My initial thought is that the leotard and tutu is frivolous clothing that is part costume and simply fun for a little girl to wear. That alone suggests money spent on impractical items. Also, there are pajama sets and slippers. Again, I think of such items as being more befitting of a middle class lifestyle. Additionally, although tattered oved time, the clothes were current and stylish in 2007.....and not hand me down..or purely utilitarian.

I keep thinking too about the boys' shorts that were described as a part of a pajama set on ebay. It would seem there was likely a brother and he was slightly older judging by the size. The one item that throws me off is the purse. I don't know why but it seems to not belong. The winter coat is likewise odd considering the clothing is clearly warm weather. However, after thinking about it I decided it illustrates some careful packing suggestive of a caring parent who thought ahead what if it gets cold at night etc. Most young children don't have dozens of coats like most of us might. A child wouldn't think to pack a coat and either would a careless parent. Finally, the suitcase itself looks like solid bag similiar to a few I have. Nothing fancy but poor people wouldn't have much use for luggage.

I'm a quilter and have made lots of baby alphabet quilts. One common way to treat the 25th square is to use it for the child's initials and birthdate.

Sometimes, even after the fabric has all deteriorated away, the top stitching/quilting thats goes around the letters, remains. If only that were the case here.

We can hope... but, the police likely would have noticed it. :/

I respectfully disagree that the items reveal an impoverished background. Although I don't think the items suggest wealth, I think the collection we see matches a middle class lifestyle (though maybe on the lower end of this spectrum...working/middle class). It's not a wardrobe as you point out but more an overnight or weekend's worth of items. My initial thought is that the leotard and tutu is frivolous clothing that is part costume and simply fun for a little girl to wear. That alone suggests money spent on impractical items. Also, there are pajama sets and slippers. Again, I think of such items as being more befitting of a middle class lifestyle. Additionally, although tattered oved time, the clothes were current and stylish in 2007.....and not hand me down..or purely utilitarian.

I keep thinking too about the boys' shorts that were described as a part of a pajama set on ebay. It would seem there was likely a brother and he was slightly older judging by the size. The one item that throws me off is the purse. I don't know why but it seems to not belong. The winter coat is likewise odd considering the clothing is clearly warm weather. However, after thinking about it I decided it illustrates some careful packing suggestive of a caring parent who thought ahead what if it gets cold at night etc. Most young children don't have dozens of coats like most of us might. A child wouldn't think to pack a coat and either would a careless parent. Finally, the suitcase itself looks like solid bag similiar to a few I have. Nothing fancy but poor people wouldn't have much use for luggage.

Interesting points, persimmon. Yes, it could have been clothing for overnight or a weekend.

But isn't part of the puzzle here the fact that the suitcase and its contents are not thought to have originated together? Police have made a point of saying that they believe that the clothes and remains were put in the suitcase more recently. How they can know that when facts seem to be thin on the ground for the rest of us, we don't know, but they must have a good reason for saying that - and they said it very early on in the investigation. The case therefore wasn't being used by the girl's family - or indeed anyone else - as luggage, but rather for storage.

I honestly struggle with the idea that this was a caring parent, because until there's concrete evidence for that, everything points in the direction of this girl not having been cared for. This girl had a mother, father, grandparents, siblings (if indeed those are her brothers shorts), none of whom have come forward.

Thanks Snoop Dog.
I saw that the UK Daily Mail had reported it as if the women were in Wynarka, but ABC News (TV) mentioned the women seeing him in Karoonda.
Since then I have not found either a police or other news source that specifies where the sighting was.
How accurate is the Daily Mail reporting?

Not accurate at all. They always gets facts wrong, and they have even been known to just fabricate entire stories out of no where, like this one:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/...tly-dumped-dentist-removes-all-her-exs-teeth/

The camel fabric is very unique. Identifying its origin seems like it might provide useful information. I've tried dozens of search terms and sources but turned up nothing that resembles it.

The camel fabric is very unique. Identifying its origin seems like it might provide useful information. I've tried dozens of search terms and sources but turned up nothing that resembles it.

The "recreation" photo (for want of a better word) that the police have posted of the quilt shows a black camel on a white background, but was the quilt block really that color? The remains of the actual quilt block don't appear to be black and white - the camel doesn't look nearly that dark. Not to mention that the black and white seems sort of glaringly out of place on a child's quilt.

I don't think the clothes really indicate anything about social class, other than not being very wealthy. There's nothing unusual about poor/working class children having party dresses, PJ sets, or luggage. Cotton On is a pretty cheap brand anyway.

I don't think the clothes really indicate anything about social class, other than not being very wealthy. There's nothing unusual about poor/working class children having party dresses, PJ sets, or luggage. Cotton On is a pretty cheap brand anyway.

I'm not Australian and not familiar with that clothing brand. I offered my opinion regarding the idea that the items seemed indicative of poverty. I introduced the notion of working/middle class based on my experiences and definitions which may be markedly different than those of Australians. I think clothing and all of the items a person possesses can and generally do say everything about social class. However, the majority of people are neither poor nor wealthy so it leaves a broad category that may not provide much useful information.

The "recreation" photo (for want of a better word) that the police have posted of the quilt shows a black camel on a white background, but was the quilt block really that color? The remains of the actual quilt block don't appear to be black and white - the camel doesn't look nearly that dark. Not to mention that the black and white seems sort of glaringly out of place on a child's quilt.

I agree it seems out of place with its black and white motif and it makes sense to suggest it may have been colored differently. My eyesight isn't too sharp so I simply cannot make anything out of the fabric despite many attempts at manipulating photos.

I was looking at that camel piece last night and to me it looks to have minarets in the background or at least a middle eastern urban skyline.

I agree that we must not think of this bag as being packed for the purposes of a trip.
It is for storage.
The body did not decompose in the bag.
The bones were added to the bag along with various items of clothing and it was stored somewhere for a long time before being dumped on the roadside.
As I understand it, reading between the lines, the body was at one time buried then later dug up and put into the case for storage along with the clothes.

I was looking at that camel piece last night and to me it looks to have minarets in the background or at least a middle eastern urban skyline.

On the last thread was a picture of that section of the quilt- the patch was folded back, but from the reverse side, the camel looked like it was a pale blue or blue-grey.

I agree that we must not think of this bag as being packed for the purposes of a trip.
It is for storage.
The body did not decompose in the bag.
The bones were added to the bag along with various items of clothing and it was stored somewhere for a long time before being dumped on the roadside.
As I understand it, reading between the lines, the body was at one time buried then later dug up and put into the case for storage along with the clothes.

I stand corrected on that notion. I'm new to this case and misread that fact. Unfortunately, that makes the case even more bizarre.

I did a quick search online and think I found the answer, but maybe an Australian citizen can verify whether or not New Zealanders can travel to Australia without a passport?

What if the quilt represents Islamic months or festivals with the camel piece being Shawwal?
The mass group of teddies might be Hajj and the pumpkin and corn patch represent Safar.

I stand corrected on that notion. I'm new to this case and misread that fact. Unfortunately, that makes the case even more bizarre.

I did a quick search online and think I found the answer, but maybe an Australian citizen can verify whether or not New Zealanders can travel to Australia without a passport?

NZers need a passport to travel to Australia, but many have immigrated over last 10 years or so.Many NZers travel frequently to Australia and vice versa, lots have family there.

What if the quilt represents Islamic months or festivals with the camel piece being Shawwal?
The mass group of teddies might be Hajj and the pumpkin and corn patch represent Safar.

Interesting idea, Jane, but how does the Tutu and and the other strapless item fit in with that?

Im going to look at that quilt again, tho'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn