AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Amee. It says that on Facebook, but on the 7 News link it says only that police believe that someone in the MM area must know something. Is that the same thing?

Wonder if there was a black tutu dress, in the same size, sold in that area?

Interesting - I get this message when I click on the link. Note -

The article was removed to comply with a legal order

Sorry your page could not be found

We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • The article was removed to comply with a legal order;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site.

I found the article was still there at the same address >>> http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-adelaides-south/story-fni6uo1m-1227263462660

But note that the dead woman was of "African descent" so unlikely to be related to this Caucasian child in the suitcase.

I have just had a look at the link to the news report from 18th July, and it says that in addition to the sighting made by the woman they interview on camera, three additional people reported seeing the man. Hundreds of calls have been made to police to date (4th August), as reported in today's update. At least some of these calls are bound to focus on this man. In the same update police stress that they are still anxious to speak to this man, who, rather interestingly, has not come forward. So they surely must be quite strong on the idea that he was in some way involved.

Regarding his movements as witnessed, it would be good to construct a timeline of when and where he was seen, with locations, as you suggest, but perhaps our information is too scant? One hopes that police have a lot more to go on.

One thing that the lady on camera said which really struck a chord with me was that it was terrible to think that a person had been walking around with a suitcase that contained the remains of a child. Even if the man sighted had nothing to do with this tragedy and his appearance there in Wynarka is a co-incidence, it is still the case (IMO, and in the opinion of the lady interviewed) that there is something deeply disturbing about a person handling such a suitcase. That would go for someone throwing it out of their car window too. I really feel strongly that the person carrying that suitcase was far from normal, and not just a person trying to get rid of rubbish. I certainly couldn't bring myself to carry such a thing, and I don't know anyone in my close circle who could. It sends shivers down the spine thinking about it, let alone doing it.

Yes a map made up would be good visually.... because the way I see it on google earth street walk or even visualised in my head ... these witness statements just don't gel...it isn't happening for me at all!!! .... I'm thinking along the lines that we have a mad hatter who's wondering around the place with a suitcase and without a suitcase going up and down the main street of Wynarka metres from homes on .... or just maybe there are some porky pies going on... Just My opinion...

UPDATE: Police say only 28 of these distinctive tutu dresses were sold in #SouthAustralia 8 years ago.

Given that the police are basing their enquiries in Karoonda and 25kms out, up as far as Sandalwood, I assume they are fairly sure the child came from that area.
Also, since the suitcase was dumped on the left side of the road approaching Tailem Bend, it makes sense that whatever vehicle it was dumped from was travelling south-west, so coming away from the Karooda area.
(For Americans - we drive on the left in Australia)

I'm still wondering how the police know that the child suffered a "violent, horrible death". Obviously there would not be evidence of deaths such as drowning, poisoning, smothering etc on the child's bones.
I know people have speculated that perhaps there was a skull injury that was obviously inflicted whilst the child was still alive (but would the police be able to tell so quickly that the skull was not damaged AFTER death?). But I was wondering if the murder weapon might have been in the suitcase with the child's body - that would explain how the police were so sure of the type of death so quickly. Like, perhaps there was a knife in the case, and perhaps the bones had evidence of stab wounds that matched the knife.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling she was dismembered.

Something more about the Holden shorts.

On FB https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews Someone asked "Are they male Holden boxes? They look extremely clean to the rest of the Clothes"

SA Police News replied "The shorts are an identical pair, but not the ones from the suitcase. They are a distinctive item, which police hope triggers a memory for someone. Thanks."

We already know that the shorts photo was from an Ebay listing, but what reason would the police have for using a substitute photo?
It can't be because they were too degraded, because in that case they would not have been able to identify them so quickly and find a substitute image.

Why would they not just use the actual photo of the actual shorts?
Any guesses?

Interesting Amee. It says that on Facebook, but on the 7 News link it says only that police believe that someone in the MM area must know something. Is that the same thing?

Matthew Pantelis ‏@MatthewPantelis 4h4 hours ago

Middle of flyer w police saying little #Wynarka girl could've lived in SA east #FIVEaaNews

ABC News 24 ‏@ABCNews24 4h4 hours ago

SA Police: This girl may come from the #Wynarka area and the offender may come from within that area

Today he noted that a quilt and a little black dress - which were both found with the girl - may hold the key to identifying her.

"The reality is we haven't had anybody come forward that has had that exact quilt so we do think that quilt is still very distinctive and could hold the key to solving this," he said.

He also noted there were only 28 dresses sold by Cotton on Kids throughout South Australia about eight years ago and it was not sold over the internet or in markets "so again that dress may hold the key".

"It's a very challenging investigation and I don't think that anyone would have thought that weeks later we would still be trying to identify the little girl.

"But every day we've been able to find out a little bit more than the day before and if every day continues like that then I'm happy.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VcBX0bVLOY6

[video=youtube;A8ZRdgx_TxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ZRdgx_TxM[/video]

update

Evidence, perhaps?

Something more about the Holden shorts.

On FB https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews Someone asked "Are they male Holden boxes? They look extremely clean to the rest of the Clothes"

SA Police News replied "The shorts are an identical pair, but not the ones from the suitcase. They are a distinctive item, which police hope triggers a memory for someone. Thanks."

We already know that the shorts photo was from an Ebay listing, but what reason would the police have for using a substitute photo?
It can't be because they were too degraded, because in that case they would not have been able to identify them so quickly and find a substitute image.

Why would they not just use the actual photo of the actual shorts?
Any guesses?

Sure, but what sort of evidence?
I imagine all the clothing items cotain evidence of some sort, but why would the shorts not be pictured?

It could be that she was wearing those shorts when she was killed. That would be pretty gruesome.

If the little girl suffered a horrific death, it's possible the mother was killed too.

Just my 2 cents.

just a few random thoughts
The fact that no members of this wee girls extended family appear to have noticed her missing makes it more possible that the family were immigrants with few extended family in Australia.

my grandaughter when she was about four used to pack her own bag when she came to stay and would arrive with the most random assortment of clothes, I could see a wee girl wanting to take her tutu everywhere.

My first thought on hearing of the find was that the suitcase belonged to the child and she was being taken somewhere with a parent who had part time access to her, but I guess this has been disproved now.

If we knew the answer to that we'd be a lot wiser about this case, which is probably why the police are keeping it quiet for the moment. Unless of course the originals are just too gruesome to be made public.

Sure, but what sort of evidence?
I imagine all the clothing items cotain evidence of some sort, but why would the shorts not be pictured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie