AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but here it is. I think the only articles of clothing found that are of real interest is the quilt and the tutu. 28 tutu dresses sold in SA around the time of the murder..could a group of them have been sold for a dance class? I think she had the dress on when she was murdered and was wrapped in the quilt and stashed some where for some time. As many have speculated, the killer had to remove the body for some reason and stashed her in another old suitcase that contained articles of her clothes. I think that could be why the tutu and the quilt are more ragged and decomposed than the other articles of clothing. Only now has it been necessary to move the body from where it was hidden and "get rid" of it for good by placing it where it was found. Suitcase man I think did place it there but I am not 100% convinced he is the murderer. But I do think she was moved a couple of times over the years before finally being discoverd.

Considering the odd yellow thread, the machine quilting, the pumpkins which may have been part of a tablecloth - I'm thinking perhaps a novice quilter (and possibly one with limited resources and/or access to materials). More likely family than someone in a group making quilts to donate.

Yeah, except the pattern with the hexagons is not a novice bit of sewing. It requires some skill to do the 'Y' shapes where three pieces of fabric come together. A novice would likely stick to squares and straight lines.

But, I agree with the rest of what you say. Maybe the quilter used bits of leftover thread from work ... used up spools that were almost gone. It's seems like a gift made and given with much love. Is there is a broken hearted gramma somewhere who thinks that her precious granddaughter simply moved away. :(

Or it's possible this little girls extended family have lost contact with the mother/father due to a broken relationship. Sadly this happens a lot now days, especially if they move around a lot. I think the fact this little one is so young also makes it harder to work out who she is. Being so young there's no records of school or friends to notice her missing or the friends parents for that matter.

It is all squares and straight lines.
If you take a peek at the construction in this quilt it is the same technique. The thread could be a polyester quilting thread which is thicker than normal and would not rot away like cotton thread.
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/08/snowball-block.html

Yeah, except the pattern with the hexagons is not a novice bit of sewing. It requires some skill to do the 'Y' shapes where three pieces of fabric come together. A novice would likely stick to squares and straight lines.

But, I agree with the rest of what you say. Maybe the quilter used bits of leftover thread from work ... used up spools that were almost gone. It's seems like a gift made and given with much love. Is there is a broken hearted gramma somewhere who thinks that her precious granddaughter simply moved away. :(

If you take a peek at the construction in this quilt it is the same technique. The thread could be a polyester quilting thread which is thicker than normal and would not rot away like cotton thread.
Snowballpieceblock.gifSnowballsewoncorners.gif

Just thinking out loud here but why is there no actual description of the man carrying the suitcase? He has only been described as neatly dressed and older aged so if so many people seen him I'd love to know what was he wearing each time. Surely if he was seen on various different days he must have been wearing different clothes each time.

Considering the odd yellow thread, the machine quilting, the pumpkins which may have been part of a tablecloth - I'm thinking perhaps a novice quilter (and possibly one with limited resources and/or access to materials). More likely family than someone in a group making quilts to donate.

You've got me thinking ... could the pumpkin fabric be from a pot holder/hot pad/trivet? I wonder if it's fire resistant too. Maybe it's something like oven mitt material.

In my opinion it belongs to this range of fabrics, or a similar one, was very popular about 10 years ago for country style or fall/autumn quilts. Quilting cotton.
sunflower check.jpgblue check.jpg
You've got me thinking ... could the pumpkin fabric be from a pot holder/hot pad/trivet? I wonder if it's fire resistant too. Maybe it's something like oven mitt material.

That could explain why that one little piece of fabric is in better condition than most of the quilt.

Just thinking out loud here but why is there no actual description of the man carrying the suitcase? He has only been described as neatly dressed and older aged so if so many people seen him I'd love to know what was he wearing each time. Surely if he was seen on various different days he must have been wearing different clothes each time.

I have thought about this too, Kyja. Just a suggestion, but could it have been that because there was no thought at the time of the sightings that he might have been doing anything suspect, there would be no reason to take a proper note of the details?

Isn't it quite a common experience to see a person then find it hard to recount exactly what they had on? I had coffee with my best friend last week; we sat next to each other talking for more than an hour. Can I tell you what she was wearing? No. I can only describe the overall effect she created.

The way I see it is that the specific clothing that the man was wearing simply didn't register, because there was no reason for it to. Only when details of this crime surfaced did people remember that they'd seen the man, because their memories of having seen an 'out of towner' had been jogged.

Perhaps there is a more suspicious reason but for now I personally would put it down to human memory. In general, a person retains memory of the most salient aspect of as situation, and that's often emotion-focused. So here we have the memory of the feeling or impression that 'he's not from around here', and it's the suitcase that springs to mind - indicating travel / being an outsider - not the actual clothes.

Nothing yet about this little girl? I keep checking in. It is mortifying that a tiny doll like this one and the Deer Harbor MA baby can turn up dead and no one recognizes them. Or reports them missing.

View attachment 79438View attachment 79439

Thanks for that. I couldn't tell from the picture that the seamstress assembled it that way. That's the way I would do it too, since I'm lazy. ;)

I regularly use polyester quilting thread but something about the yellow thread makes me believe that it's not polyester either. It seems much heavier, almost wirey, and the colour is more intense than regular polyester thread.

Do you think it's the seam threads or the actual quilting lines?

Do you think it's the seam threads or the actual quilting lines?

It's hard to tell, but I think it might be the seam lines. Someone mentioned earlier that it might have been paper pieced, and maybe not quilted. She may be right. I don't see two different threads, but maybe the sewing thread has all rotten and all we see is the yellow topstitching. I can't see if well enough to know which it is.

I sure wish that I could get a close look. I'd love to make a reconstruction.

Actually ... I think that the police posted it on their fb site and had some fairly clear pictures. If only I could find that website again, I could get a better look.

Has anyone been able to find polyester quilting thread in that colour?

I think it's quilting lines, not seam lines, no idea why it looks like chain stitches and would like to see the back of the quilt as it looks to be intact, could it be because with wadding and fabric missing, it is just loose? another thought, is there sashing between the blocks? because if those lines are not quilting lines, there has to be another strip of fabric in there joining the blocks.
Another thought, could it have been quilted to just the polyester wadding and not the backing, then the borders and backing added because I can't see quilting lines on the border.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/photos-fnlmw1po-1227455382918?page=22

There's a closeup of the quilting thread on picture number 22. Can you make any sense of it? I can't figure out why both the top and bottom threads are visible, so that it looks like a chain stitch.

I have thought about this too, Kyja. Just a suggestion, but could it have been that because there was no thought at the time of the sightings that he might have been doing anything suspect, there would be no reason to take a proper note of the details?

Isn't it quite a common experience to see a person then find it hard to recount exactly what they had on? I had coffee with my best friend last week; we sat next to each other talking for more than an hour. Can I tell you what she was wearing? No. I can only describe the overall effect she created.

The way I see it is that the specific clothing that the man was wearing simply didn't register, because there was no reason for it to. Only when details of this crime surfaced did people remember that they'd seen the man, because their memories of having seen an 'out of towner' had been jogged.

Perhaps there is a more suspicious reason but for now I personally would put it down to human memory. In general, a person retains memory of the most salient aspect of as situation, and that's often emotion-focused. So here we have the memory of the feeling or impression that 'he's not from around here', and it's the suitcase that springs to mind - indicating travel / being an outsider - not the actual clothes.

Small town thinking .... he wasn't recognised as a local, but also didn't appear suspicious enough for anyone of the 4? witnesses to mention amongst the 17? of them... ..Was seen heading out of Wynarka town leaving railway terrace with a suitcase..making his way to the hwy.....then witnessed by Jill Roz walking past her residence along railway terrace without a suitcase. . No witness accounts of any cars.... he came from the town and went back to the town....could have been staying with a local

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/photos-fnlmw1po-1227455382918?page=22

There's a closeup of the quilting thread on picture number 22. Can you make any sense of it? I can't figure out why both the top and bottom threads are visible, so that it looks like a chain stitch.

It looks almost like a type of embroidery floss with an embroidery stitch instead of quilting to me.

http://www.isacordthread.com/category/1000m_Solid_Isacord_Embroidery_Thread/c88

Small town thinking .... he wasn't recognised as a local, but also didn't appear suspicious enough for anyone of the 4? witnesses to mention amongst the 17? of them... ..Was seen heading out of Wynarka town leaving railway terrace with a suitcase..making his way to the hwy.....then witnessed by Jill Roz walking past her residence along railway terrace without a suitcase. . No witness accounts of any cars.... he came from the town and went back to the town....could have been staying with a local

It's so odd that he spent so much time there....he must have known that it made it more likely people would take note of what he was doing.

Are you saying that you think a local person is covering up for him, Puggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME