AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Winterchild. When I looked again I only found 20cm as the narrowest dimension of the case, so perhaps I imagined the 10cm. Also bear in mind that the non-rigid sides would probably allow some bulging. All things considered I don't think there would be any difficulty fitting a young child in such a space, let alone a skeleton. Rigor mortis would not apply as it lasts at most a few days.

I notice the case has external compartments which may explain how all the clothes fitted in as well.

You could be right, and yet there is something unique about that fabric which has preserved it from disintegration. Usually, the coordinating sets of fabrics are cotton, or cotton polyester, but this fabric is different, stronger, thicker and more resistent to deterioration. That makes me think it might have been cut from an old set of curtains, a table cloth, tea towel, an apron or some other item instead of cloth off a bolt.

I wonder if the reason we can't find this fabric, is because the piece was fussy cut from fabric that looks quite different as a whole. The hexagons are fairly small, about 12.5 cm each. Am I correct? Did I read somewhere that the blanket was 90cm square? Someone above suggested a table cloth or skirt border, which seems logical.

BBM, the fabric on the back and the border fabric is quilting cotton, so it has also stood up against deterioration.

Quilts aren't simply made overnight and unless whomever made the quilt (most likely IMO - a grandmother/nana) has no friends whatsoever.....there is no way that the quilt was made without someone other than the immediate family knowing about it.

This case has me feeling as though there are a few who know.... but are unwilling to come forward.

Does anyone know if there is a Cotton On store near Murray Bridge? Another track - were any of the known 28 tutus sold in the area, were any of them purchased in a group (like 4 or what ever number at a time.) I have some ideas I am working on .. stay tuned. :thinking:

Does anyone know if there is a Cotton On store near Murray Bridge? Another track - were any of the known 28 tutus sold in the area, were any of them purchased in a group (like 4 or what ever number at a time.) I have some ideas I am working on .. stay tuned. :thinking:

A simple Google search shows a Cotton On store in Murray Bridge ..... but I think ...don't quote me...someone here mentioned this store hasn't been open for very long. If you search Google Maps and type in :Cotton On SA.... it will give you all their store locations in SA.

Police have not stated any other info other than they have found that only 28 of that particular Tutu have been sold in SA by the company known as "Cotton On".

A simple Google search shows a Cotton On store in Murray Bridge ..... but I think ...don't quote me...someone here mentioned this store hasn't been open for very long. If you search Google Maps and type in :Cotton On SA.... it will give you all their store locations in SA.

Police have not stated any other info other than they have found that only 28 of that particular Tutu have been sold in SA by the company known as "Cotton On".

28 sold from "Cotton On Kids" . Can anyone confirm if the kids range is sold in the regular "Cotton On" stores..?

Thank you for the information. I wonder if there is a way to find out through Cotton On the selling trend of that tutu. Obviously it has been discovered that 28 were sold in the area. The store chain should be able to tell which store location sold how many during a specific period of time even if the store is no longer open for business. I presently work for a manufacturer of constuction equipment in the US and they have kept selling trends going back 20 years (who we sold what to in quantity and when.)

As for the quilt itself, yes it was not made in a day. I live in a rural area in south central Pennsylvania where a lot of people make quilts as a side hobby to sell at the many fairs in the area. The quilt seems to be a very key part in this case for I feel the child was wrapped in it after she died. Could it be that it was important to use the quilt because it was a favorite of the little girl and she was always seen with it? When my sister was a young child she had a "blankey" that she was never without.

As for the tutu, I have a few ideas I am still working on. More later..got to get to my Saturday errands and do some further thinking while out and about. :thinking:

28 sold from "Cotton On Kids" . Can anyone confirm if the kids range is sold in the regular "Cotton On" stores..?

We have a regular 'Cotton On' store in my nearest town and it doesn't stock any kids clothing.

Do stores such as Spotlight have minimum purchase sizes for fabric? E.g. say you want a 20x20cm piece of printed fabric for a quilt would they sell that to you or wild they only sell it to you by the metre (and width of the roll; e.g. say a 1x1m section of fabric)?

Even if the exact store could be identified then it is unlikely the purchaser could be identified. There wouldn't be CCTV still. If the transaction was cash it would be virtually untraceable now. Even credit transactions are only kept for 7 years generally.

You can buy 10cm or more but it is 112cm wide. Approximately

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

by the company known as "Cotton On".

which is a very common store in Australia E.g. every major (Westfields) shopping centre will typically have one of these store. I'm not sure if they also sell children's clothing; from what I recall of most Cotton On stores they don't and only carry adult clothing ranges.

Cotton On is reasonably affordable. It is middle of the range so to speak.

These are the 'Cotton On Kids' stores in South Australia, but I don't know when any of them opened:
View attachment 79629

I have a person of interest who lives smack bang within the triangulation of these stores - In Kidman Park. Thanks for posting this - when I searched I just did the Cotton On stores..... but you have given the Cotton on "KIDS" outlets .... makes me even more suspicious of my POI.

You can also buy what is known as charm squares in various sizes or fat quarters which are app 50cm squares.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

True, but I am not looking for the exact purchaser..I am looking more at were a number of the 28 sold from a particular location around the same time. For example - were 6 out of the 28 all sold from around the same area (or the smae store) in May of 2000 (just an example.) That could suggest some kind of a play or recital that a local group was putting on for the kids to participate. We have them here all the time and the costume is some inexpensive tutu or garment everone buys from an inexpensive store. IF it can be determine that is the case, than maybe our little girl was one of the participants. JMO and I am still thinking (which is a miracle in itself.. lol) :thinking:

True, but I am not looking for te exact purchaser..I am looking more at were a number of the 28 sold from a particular location around the same time. For example - were 6 out of the 28 all sold from around the same area (or the smae store) in May of 2000 (just an example.) That could sufggest some kind of a play or recital that a local group was putting on for the kids to participate. We have them here all the time and the costume is some inexpensive tutu or garment everone buys from an inexpensive store. IF it can be determine that is the case, than maybe our little girl was one of the participants. JMO and I am still thinking (which is a miracle in itself.. lol) :thinking:

Unfortunately we are not privy to that type of information... but no doubt South Australian Police are tracking down each and ever one of the 28 purchases..... here's hoping that all were purchased with an ATM card and not cash.

Unfortunately we are not privy to that type of information... but no doubt South Australian Police are tracking down each and ever one of the 28 purchases..... here's hoping that all were purchased with an ATM card and not cash.

It depends on where and how you look. I am not looking for specific purchasers I am looking for a specific tend. I guess because I do this for the manufacturer I work for in the US, I am thinking retail trends would be available also. I will dig further when I return from my errands..that is if I can tear myself away to do them .. lol

its been so quiet in the past few days, no updates on how their doorknocks etc have been going... im hoping the saying "no news is good news" applies here.

It depends on where and how you look. I am not looking for specific purchasers I am looking for a specific tend. I guess because I do this for the manufacturer I work for in the US, I am thinking retail trends would be available also. I will dig further when I return from my errands..that is if I can tear myself away to do them .. lol

I'm not sure where you would find that information though - you may have a better idea if that is your area of expertise.

Personally I think a "group" purchase transaction would have by now afforded an influx of calls to crimestoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME