AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and thats it?
a lady recognises the quite thats it and who knows if shes even right because shes seen thousands of quilts..... i cant believe they had the nerve to write "startling"

Oh, is that it? Isn't that basically the same as what all you guys have already figured out?

i would have been more impressed if she said she *bleeping* made the quilt! aggghh!!!!!!

Not startled at all here either.

I wonder if the fabric shop Bridge Agencies sold that camel fabric that Nataliah found.

Murray Bridge is only 50km away. If the fabric was bought there, it does indicate that local people are involved.

Did they say 69 children as potential victims???

What that means is that people have called police with concerns about children they may not have seen for some time. These children (69 of them to date) have been located and are not little Angel.

Judging by that lady's comment it appears all of the fabrics including the pumpkins is most likely quilting fabrics. Shame the shop has closed down.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

Not 100% at this stage, no. I have had 100's of items over the years. Hence seeing if I have any old pics of stuff I was going to list and didn't, to give me an idea. My memory is not so great anyway, unless I have something to jog it, like an event, or where I was living, or where I was working at the time etc. Will spend some quite mediation time today when I don't have anyone at home and try to think further.

If I were you, I'd contact the police already at this point. So they know that these items might have come from your collection. More than one identical item like you previously owned is way to much coincidence. Dora t-shirt, butterfly slipper, coat and Holden shorts is statistically unheard of.

And that they might have a look at that Adelaide dump. And so they also know that these items (and maybe the rest of them as well) might not have come from regular shops at all. But could very well be all second hand or collected from dumps etc.

Wingfield Dump is an enormous industrial dump. I doubt that anyone would be allowed in to rifle through the rubbish. And it is completely the other side of the city.

If missDee previously owned several identical items as were found with the suitcase. And if she can recall these items most likely would have ended up at this dump.
And coincidence or not, the mother of a still missing 15 year old was found murdered next to this dumpsite, then police really need to have a look at how things are organised at this dump. And what else might be going on there.

Judging by that lady's comment it appears all of the fabrics including the pumpkins is most likely quilting fabrics. Shame the shop has closed down.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

If it was a big shop (seems like that) then nobody is able to tell to whom material was sold, I think. At one time in my life I have worked in such shop for 8 years (my dream job still). I did know the regular customers very well, but no: who when what maybe had bought - impossible to say after years. Especially quilters are always buying from that material 10cm, from that 20cm, from another 0.50m or more and they come weekly or monthly over years. My memory was good in earlier times but I think, I had maybe give a little link to something, nothing else.

Thank you so much for finding these ......

I have to admit I did a search on one of these "projects" and the date I got back from the google search (the little blurby bit of info) before you click on the main link ...well... it predated one of the "projects". I'm probably not making sense!!

The 03/02/15 one seems to make sense (not sure if this is the one you were referring too). That is the date the Council approved it. It was submitted to Council for approval 5 months prior. The Council meeting minutes (found via Google, dates seem reasonable) confirm it was submitted 5 months earlier.

But my question is.... is it possible these council data, application, application approval dates are possibly "After the Fact"??

Not quite following you there?

I noticed some of the applications have numbers next to the boxes that indicate "Development Commenced" and the box "Development Completed" ????

I'm not really sure about that. My guess is it is part of the Councils internal reporting as when a DA is approved there is a timeframe attached to it (generally 5 years) upon which the works must start or otherwise the approval lapses. Likewise conditions of approval (in some cases) can be placed as to the duration under upon which the works have to be undertaken. I don't think these are too relevant in general though.

If it was a big shop (seems like that) then nobody is able to tell to whom material was sold, I think. At one time in my life I have worked in such shop for 8 years (my dream job still). I did know the regular customers very well, but no: who when what maybe had bought - impossible to say after years. Especially quilters are always buying from that material 10cm, from that 20cm, from another 0.50m or more and they come weekly or monthly over years. My memory was good in earlier times but I think, I had maybe give a little link to something, nothing else.

Would people tell you what projects they were working on? Like 'I'm doing an aphabet hexagon quilt, with these fabrics' etc? Or show you pictures of what they had made?

Good lord, what a lame "news item". So that was the excitement, that a random lady who worked in a quilt shop recognised some of the material??!! Seriously channel 7 are the news equivalent of the Womans Weekly! I recognise a lot of the material as well, from years and years of quilting and making kids' clothes - Lincraft and Spotlight were my second home for years, and they stocked many of these in hundreds of shops around Aus. Not to mention the hundreds of specialty quilting shops where I dreamt about the many new quilts I would sew when I had time (and money... that stuff isn't cheap). Any person who sews and is a similar age to me would have the same knowledge. This "news item" was useless.

I think it's been mentioned already that there was a quilt shop in Karoonda until it closed down in the last few years. On a break from driving from Victoria back to Adelaide I stopped there a few times to have a look around. It stocked a lot of the more old-fashioned type of material, much like the style in this quilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy.af.wtf