AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was stolen from a shed I doubt there would be much repercussion for the person that stole it if they came forward. They would be able to make a deal where by giving their information on where they found it they wouldn't be charged with stealing it I would expect?

I wonder if the police have found the company where the camel print came from? that natiliah found? - Either way, I have emailed that chick who made the camel quilt, I'm trying to find out where she purchased the fabric, even though its in the states, we might still be able to track down who made the fabric and where it was sold in Australia. I've also posted the camel fabric on a few major quilting forums in australia and the states, to get the same info. Just waiting now. -Taps foot :)

But the clothes could have been taken from the bin before it hit the dump. But that's a scary thought ... probably didn't happen.

Or maybe someone collects (kids) clothes at the dump for homeless or poor people/shelters.

I wonder if the police have found the company where the camel print came from? that natiliah found? - Either way, I have emailed that chick who made the camel quilt, I'm trying to find out where she purchased the fabric, even though its in the states, we might still be able to track down who made the fabric and where it was sold in Australia. I've also posted the camel fabric on a few major quilting forums in australia and the states, to get the same info. Just waiting now. -Taps foot :)

Good work Bliss!
Lady Zoe sells the fabric in her online store, here is the link to the camel material:
http://www.quiltsbyladyzoe.com/store-products-QBLZP16-_1097688228.html

What a disappointing news breakthrough that was.. the only thing startling is that I actually hoped they might have something when really I should know far better than to fall for that.

I didn't see the news .... but from reading back.. Is all that they said was a lady from a now closed quilt shop recognised some of the fabric???

Was the shop in Karoonda or Murray Bridge ???

sorry for asking lol.. probably old news already..

Yes that was about it Puggle, and the store was in Murray Bridge.

Yes Puggle, the shop mentioned on the video was in Murray Bridge, and was a large shop according to the lady interviewed. The shop in Karoonda was very small. Surely the investigators would have been all over the person who owned the Karoonda shop, given its proximity to the suitcase drop. I don't think this quilt was made recently.

I was at Monarto zoo the other day, which is in the same region, and tour guide mentioned that the land in the area is of little productive use because there is a very thin top soil with calcrete not far beneath. This is a kind of soil that is so hard as to be just about like concrete. Very difficult to dig through. I'm not sure exactly what the soil situation in Wynarka is like, but I doubt it would be too different. The implication being that burial might be very difficult. Just thought it worth a mention.

You're right; 1:250,000 geological map: http://www.geoscience.gov.au/geoportal-geologicalmaps/download?map=250dpi/si5414.jpg

Wynarka is in the top left corner (near grid lines 38 & 11) and shows that the area generally contains a lot of calcrete soils also.

What a disappointing news breakthrough that was.. the only thing startling is that I actually hoped they might have something when really I should know far better than to fall for that.

What you just wrote .....

Maybe there was some strategy being employed there..

If police have an eye on someone they may be hoping that a well placed "Startling" breakthrough news announcement may cause a reaction they could observe ... possibly??

Not startled at all here either.

I wonder if the fabric shop Bridge Agencies sold that camel fabric that Nataliah found.

It might be possible to verify that. The shoppe, although now closed, would have to retain all business receipts showing income or expense for .... how long? Around here, we need to keep receipts for 7 yrs after the last taxation year.

Is it possible that the store would still be storing the old credit card receipts? Or the daily sales reports, or banking info, or packing slips?

It's just possible that the fabric can be traced to the buyer, even after this many years. I had to trace a product that I sold 10 yrs ago, and I was able to do it.

Thanks. I didn't really mean if you might recognize that quilt in any way (but I am curious what your family thinks about the quilt).

But more in general. If a person working in the shop where material could have been bought for the Wynarka quilt, might be familiar with the quilting projects people were working on when they purchased material for quilting.

Like me, my family is living in GER - so no chance.

If I were you, I'd contact the police already at this point. So they know that these items might have come from your collection. More than one identical item like you previously owned is way to much coincidence. Dora t-shirt, butterfly slipper, coat and Holden shorts is statistically unheard of.

And that they might have a look at that Adelaide dump. And so they also know that these items (and maybe the rest of them as well) might not have come from regular shops at all. But could very well be all second hand or collected from dumps etc.

It certainly is strange. Especially when you consider that Holden boxes aren't something that would normally be bundled together with dora the explorer clothes and fluffy slippers etc.

Then again these are also common items. E.g. go into any Target/Kmart/Big W etc and you will find multiple versions of Holden boxers, multiple Dora the explorer clothes, multiple fluffy slippers etc all for sale.

There are currently 52 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 39 guests)

I think the word SAPOL just woke up an additional 12 guest :cop: within 2 minutes :jawdrop:.

I'm really intrigued by the dump.

I think it is highly probable that someone could get clothes for their child and old suitcases, and maybe even the quilt from there.

For someone who knew the area well it would be easy. Maybe a security guard at the tip itself, or a worker from the power station on Torrens Island who does odd hours and can stop off and have a rummage?

Apparently there was landfill done onsite until 2007, so there would have been open areas of rubbish that a scavenger could rifle through looking for what they needed.

I highly doubt that the landfill areas are closely monitored, it really wouldn't be hard to access for someone who wanted to.

photos 083b.jpgI made an African themed quilt for my daughter's wedding 10 yrs ago. I just went through my stash and found the scraps. Although I didn't have the camel print, it looks like it could be from the same series. I used prints by Julia Cairns for Quilt Shop by Cranston Works Company, 100% cotton, printed in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member