AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone mention the condition of the suitcase that suitcase man was carrying ?

He was said to be neatly dressed etc. Would a battered up weather beaten suitcase have been noticed by the people who saw him.

I don't think they mentioned the suitcase condition, unless I missed it.

I'm also curious about the condition. We didn't hear something except: dark. I'm also interested of the dimension (40x60x20x too?).

Crazy theory here but if this suitcase man was spotted in different months carrying a suitcase at various times then could that mean there's more than one suitcase left in the area. I wonder how well the surrounding areas have been checked?

Hardly any any more crazy than dumping ONE suitcase containing what it contained.

Does anyone know if the first sighting of the suitcase by a motorist can be found anywhere?
If the suitcase has been spotted alongside the road BEFORE suitcase man's first sighting then we could assume that he either:

- had nothing to do with it
- put on a show for whatever reason
- went back and forth with an additional suitcase cause everything couldn't be fitted in one suitcase?
- was monitoring the site of the remains?
- may not even exist or hasn't been properly observed?
- was a decoy

Does anyone know if the first sighting of the suitcase by a motorist can be found anywhere?
If the suitcase has been spotted alongside the road BEFORE suitcase man's first sighting then we could assume that he either:

"Dtv-Supt Bray said the suitcase was first seen after road works were concluded in mid-March" >>> https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...arka-child-believed-to-be-a-girl#.Vctq3vmqpBc

"up to seven people have since told police they had seen the suitcase on the side of the road" >>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-16/elderly-man-wanted-after-childs-bones-found-in-murray-mallee/6624462

I think we really need a timeline here from when Angel was first found. We also need a media thread so that we can refer back to what has been published to date. Leave it with me and I'll try to put something together.

ETA: If anyone wants to contribute with links etc. that would be great. I won't have time to get anything done until sometime late tomorrow.

I agree with LadyL.
If the case was stolen from a shed the thief is probably not a community minded type.
He (sexist assumption) probably hates police and is having a good laugh at them.
Even an anonymous call to Crimestoppers will be unlikely.

Going back to suitcase man, I still have so many unanswered questions about him.

Why would he want to have been seen- what plausible motivation could there really be behind that? Guilty conscience doesn't really make sense to me as there are plenty of ways to self incriminate and this seems the most far fetched.

I'm surprised the police are still pursuing this guy as none of the pieces really fit but I guess they have to rule him out.

I think the story the police planted re a domestic violence situation resulting in child's murder and mother going along with the cover up is far more likely. They may have leads from support services (familiesSA, shelters etc) who knew of a woman and child who just fell off the face of the earth. The mother may have been blackmailed by the father into silence as he may have convinced her that the police would believe it was her fault the child died. How the child ended up in a suitcase by the side of the road I still don't understand.

Yes I have many unanswered questions about suitcase man ... really wish the media had got all witness reported sightings correct so we could chronologically map out where and when he was seen.

and I think guilty conscience could be ruled out immediately.... also I don't think he committed the murder. These wreaks of a cover-up.

I know I am totally alone on this - I really don't think he wanted to be noticed. He chose the morning, I can't imagine a lot going on in the town at 7.30 - 8.00 am. His mistake was not knowing that two locals chose this time to do their "walk" at this time.

I'm sticking with the professional opinion of the forensic Criminologist who said the actions were indicative of someone simply wanting to distance themselves (Personally/location wise) from the suitcase as soon as possible and those actions also indicated the person would feel that no one would be able to feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway.

We know that the police suspect that the child did come from that immediate area...well that is what I think they are suggesting.

I can't figure out why exactly why the individual wouldn't think people wouldn't associate him with the child, but I have a few ideas.

He knew the child (possibly related) - but never had her stay with him at his residence for an extended period of time to be noticed, so his thought process is that locals wouldn't associate this child to him.???

He lived on one of the properties outside of the immediate town, this child had been at his property but would never have been seen by locals (the smaller tight knit community of houses).. There are no shops in the township apart from the post office...little angel could have been in a car seat and travelled down past the main street many of times without been noticed, as he/her mum/dad had business elsewhere...and no need to stop in at the post office...

The family that she was apart of always had a habit of being secretive and kept a boundary between themselves and other locals.

This morning I even wondered if this man was attempting to hide rather than dump..

This may explain him being sighted 44 days later ...was he going to retrieve the suitcase??

If he was - as suggested in the media seen hours apart walking along the hwy, could this suggest hesitation or even confusion??

Maybe he is covering for someone else (As the police suggested)

And the reason this disposal is so unusual to many other murder victims is .. ???

It could be for any reason - but specifically fear of the remains being found.

Relatives staying for an extended period of time.

Having to move for some reason.

Works being undertaken at his property; Telstra, water board, NBN...???.

Sale of home - property inspections.

Fear of being raided related to some other investigation - their involved in some criminal activity

Having strangers on property undertaking work for a specific reason; plumbing works, electrical, home renovation, extension, addition

some other maintenance requiring strangers to be on their property for extended period of time.

I am not surprised they are still pursing this mans identity - Your right the pieces don't really fit - but there has to be at least one eye witness report that is correct. Its a very small town

Im so tired....hope some of what I've typed makes sense..

otherwise...peace out fellow webleuthers xx

The purp or who ever killed this little girl seems to keep being referred to as a man, I hate to think that a mother could do this to her own child. But just putting it out there.

View attachment 79849I made an African themed quilt for my daughter's wedding 10 yrs ago. I just went through my stash and found the scraps. Although I didn't have the camel print, it looks like it could be from the same series. I used prints by Julia Cairns for Quilt Shop by Cranston Works Company, 100% cotton, printed in the USA.

What a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing.

You know what does stand out with suitcase man?

He was ONLY seen by locals. I mean, how often do cars pass by on Karoonda Highway around 8.00 in the morning. Shouldn't more people have noticed a man with a suitcase walking along that road? If you drive by someone like that, I would check him out. Is he creepy (do I lock my car doors LOL). Is he hitchhiking? Is he lost? Is he in trouble? Is he drunk (who walks neatly dressed with a suitcase in the middle of nowhere?) etc.

And he didn't show up until the road was finished. Why? Did he want locals to see him. But did not want to be seen by road construction people? And why was there 6 weeks between those sightings?

Was he aware of the road reconstruction? And did he deliberately wait till they were done? And if that is the case, how did he monitor the progression of the reconstruction?

Yes I have many unanswered questions about suitcase man ... really wish the media had got all witness reported sightings correct so we could chronologically map out where and when he was seen.

and I think guilty conscience could be ruled out immediately.... also I don't think he committed the murder. These wreaks of a cover-up.

I know I am totally alone on this - I really don't think he wanted to be noticed. He chose the morning, I can't imagine a lot going on in the town at 7.30 - 8.00 am. His mistake was not knowing that two locals chose this time to do their "walk" at this time. No, you are not, I'm with you!

I'm sticking with the professional opinion of the forensic Criminologist who said the actions were indicative of someone simply wanting to distance themselves (Personally/location wise) from the suitcase as soon as possible and those actions also indicated the person would feel that no one would be able to feel they will be suspected of having this child anyway.

We know that the police suspect that the child did come from that immediate area...well that is what I think they are suggesting.

I can't figure out why exactly why the individual wouldn't think people wouldn't associate him with the child, but I have a few ideas.

He knew the child (possibly related) - but never had her stay with him at his residence for an extended period of time to be noticed, so his thought process is that locals wouldn't associate this child to him.???

He lived on one of the properties outside of the immediate town, this child had been at his property but would never have been seen by locals (the smaller tight knit community of houses).. There are no shops in the township apart from the post office...little angel could have been in a car seat and travelled down past the main street many of times without been noticed, as he/her mum/dad had business elsewhere...and no need to stop in at the post office...

The family that she was apart of always had a habit of being secretive and kept a boundary between themselves and other locals.

This morning I even wondered if this man was attempting to hide rather than dump..

This may explain him being sighted 44 days later ...was he going to retrieve the suitcase??

If he was - as suggested in the media seen hours apart walking along the hwy, could this suggest hesitation or even confusion??

Maybe he is covering for someone else (As the police suggested)

And the reason this disposal is so unusual to many other murder victims is .. ???

It could be for any reason - but specifically fear of the remains being found.

Relatives staying for an extended period of time.

Having to move for some reason.

Works being undertaken at his property; Telstra, water board, NBN...???.

Sale of home - property inspections.

Fear of being raided related to some other investigation - their involved in some criminal activity

Having strangers on property undertaking work for a specific reason; plumbing works, electrical, home renovation, extension, addition

some other maintenance requiring strangers to be on their property for extended period of time.

I am not surprised they are still pursing this mans identity - Your right the pieces don't really fit - but there has to be at least one eye witness report that is correct. Its a very small town

Im so tired....hope some of what I've typed makes sense..

otherwise...peace out fellow webleuthers xx

Hope, you have slept well when you again on your PC. :)

I bolded what I agree with.

The purp or who ever killed this little girl seems to keep being referred to as a man, I hate to think that a mother could do this to her own child. But just putting it out there.

If the perp was a man or if he was involved in any case, then the murder was more violently perhaps. Therefore: our perp may be a man.

What's also a possibiliy is that some farmer accidentally ran over concealed/burried remains (he had nothing to do with) while plowing his fields. Wanted nothing to do with it and left them by the roadside. Same goes for real estate. If you stumble on something in an aboned shed or building that has been vacant for years and that you had nothing to do with, I can imagine you just want to get rid of it.

I burried a pet rabbit (it died of natural causes) in a field once. It lay there for years. Until they grew different crops one season and they plowed a little deeper. And mr. rabbit rose from the dead :shocked2:

Wouldn't it up just be easier to take the suitcase to the dump or put it on a skip? If you already took the trouble to put it in your car to drive it somewhere, why not drop it at a real disposal place rather than just throwing it out of the window - probably not an easy manoeuvre from a physical point of view?

And walking a long distance with it, if that's what happened, would be even more physical effort.

Mothers do kill their children.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

if they cared ...

this is a point I've been struggling with but I finally concluded that most criminal type people wouldn't bother because it's a hassle and would put them unnecessarily on the police radar

coming forward would be for the greater good and of no personal benefit to a parasitic person IMO

I think, in any case they don't want to help police, not even for money (reward). On WS there are several cases with a reward been set and nobody calls.

Wouldn't it up just be easier to take the suitcase to the dump or put it on a skip? If you already took the trouble to put it in your car to drive it somewhere, why not drop it at a real disposal place rather than just throwing it out of the window - probably not an easy manoeuvre from a physical point of view?

And walking a long distance with it, if that's what happened, would be even more physical effort.

Yeah, I see what you mean. That's why I agree with SAPOL that the answer is somewhere in that community, someone cared about her. And that's why she was left in a place where people would find her remains sooner or later. And people might be afraid to come forward cause they might be threatened or intimidated to keep their mouths shut.

Im probably way off and no where even close to who he could be?? but it did cross my mind he could be a PI (Private Investigator) Or someone hasn't come forward yet because they are waiting for reward money, another reason they wanted the suitcase to be found. Who knows...

Well I must admit I'm pretty angry with suitcase man for not coming forward. Yes, there's a chance he could be deceased, or sitting somewhere without access to TV or Internet, or going senile, but if he truly was only around 60 years old then none of these things are very likely to be the case.

If you were that person, it would be impossible to forget that only a few weeks ago you travelled to a remote town, at least twice, and spent hours walking around carrying a heavy bag. Even if you had just been passing through, and the place itself was of no significance to you, your ears would prick up when you heard the name of the town on the news.

Whatever personal reasons suitcase man has for withholding information from police, they are not good enough in an important case like this where the death of an innocent person is involved. As well as the moral aspect, there's concept of wasting police time. It's an offense. That, at the very least, is what he is doing.

You know what does stand out with suitcase man?

He was ONLY seen by locals. I mean, how often do cars pass by on Karoonda Highway around 8.00 in the morning. Shouldn't more people have noticed a man with a suitcase walking along that road? If you drive by someone like that, I would check him out. Is he creepy (do I lock my car doors LOL). Is he hitchhiking? Is he lost? Is he in trouble? Is he drunk (who walks neatly dressed with a suitcase in the middle of nowhere?) etc.

And he didn't show up until the road was finished. Why? Did he want locals to see him. But did not want to be seen by road construction people? And why was there 6 weeks between those sightings?

Was he aware of the road reconstruction? And did he deliberately wait till they were done? And if that is the case, how did he monitor the progression of the reconstruction?

Interesting points. I think it's likely that police will have received reports that he was seen by motorists, though. We haven't been updated for a while, but they're talking to people all the time.

Same goes for the six week gap. He may well been witnessed there more often than that, and we just haven't been updated yet. Between the people on the roadworks, info from motorists, and info from the townspeople - plus all the things the public don't know about - police must have a pretty detailed timeline of events by now. What such info actually amounts to is the hard part.

ETA the fact he was seen by locals is great. Locals are far more sensitive to what fits into the pattern of normal routine and normal behavior in that location, and will spot things or persons significant or suspicious that a visitor or passer-by would not even register. There's no substitute for local knowledge, and for that reason these are good witnesses whose perspectives we should take seriously.

I was trying to see if there had been any construction/extensions/additions to any properties within the Wynarka area to account for the possibility that someone had unearthed the remains (for a reason - such as those ones) and had to therefore relocate the remains. The police have suggested strongly they believe the child has lived/grew up there at some time in the past and may also have returned at some point in time.

I asked for help to see if anyone could locate the information about Building/reno/ect applications around the start of the year. Time frame just before little angels remains were dumped.

Lampshade was able to find a link to the council PDF files which shows all "Public" applications that were put to council.

There was 2 that I was interested in ...

The maps that Lampshade has posted is of one application approved for someone to commence building a shearing shed.

I was just curious if this could be a lead to look at.

Might be interesting to check properties that were put on the market or which changed hands within the family due to death/people going into nursing homes. And I'd still like to know if any storage units nearby were auctioned off.

So another lady has replied about the camel fabric, she purchased it from a store in the UK 7years ago http://www.abakhan.co.uk/

She kindly sent me a pic of the fabric she has, it also has the name of the fabric on it.

View attachment 79851

-------------------------------

Timeless treasure fabrics has one distributor for australia.

INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR - WHOLESALE
Macs Crafts

Unit 6, 30-32 Foundry Rd, Seven Hills NSW 2147, Australia
Phone: 02 8824 1111
Fax: 02 9674 4088
sales@macscrafts.com.au
http://www.macscrafts.com.au

Amazing work! You found a needle in a haystack! That fabric must have been a very limited production. It certainly was not easy to find. One distributor in Australia? Perfect! I hope it turns out to be a huge tip.

It might be possible for the police to identify a few more fabrics in the quilt if they happened to come from the same supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966