AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was stolen from a shed I doubt there would be much repercussion for the person that stole it if they came forward. They would be able to make a deal where by giving their information on where they found it they wouldn't be charged with stealing it I would expect?

Yeah, but if they had stolen from other sheds (and also if the burglaries continue), the police would certainly know who they were looking for in the other cases.

Interesting points. I think it's likely that police will have received reports that he was seen by motorists, though. We haven't been updated for a while, but they're talking to people all the time.

Same goes for the six week gap. He may well been witnessed there more often than that, and we just haven't been updated yet. Between the people on the roadworks, info from motorists, and info from the townspeople - plus all the things the public don't know about - police must have a pretty detailed timeline of events by now. What such info actually amounts to is the hard part.

ETA the fact he was seen by locals is great. Locals are far more sensitive to what fits into the pattern of normal routine and normal behavior in that location, and will spot things or persons significant or suspicious that a visitor or passer-by would not even register. There's no substitute for local knowledge, and for that reason these are good witnesses whose perspectives we should take seriously.

I think, many truck drivers have seen him, but who knows the dates of sighting?

I can imagine that homeless people around that area would know how to access that dump.

While outsiders might not, employees would likely be able to salvage anything they wanted from the dump.

I am reminded of a few years ago when we still had a local landfill. My father and I took a load of stuff to the dump. They supposedly had a strict "no picking" policy. Well, my father asked the attendant about lawn mowers (he had a couple old ones he wanted to get rid of, and wanted to be sure there were no special requirements). Attendant points over to the side to a line of mowers and says something along the lines of, "Sure, we have lots to choose from." We had to explain we actually wanted to get rid of one, not take one home. So apparently enforcement varies...

Only thing about getting the clothes out of the dump - I believe she said she threw them away because they were damaged/moldy? How bad were they? If they were beyond cleaning, I can't imagine anyone would have taken them home.

I've been thinking about the guy with the suitcase again (who here hasn't?), and a couple things came to me.

It seems that several people have mentioned seeing a strange man walking in town, but has anyone mentioned seeing a vehicle they didn't recognize? I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere, but the majority of the guys I know would probably notice a car that didn't belong than a person (in an area so underpopulated.)

Many farmers/rural residents I know here very seldom go into town, especially if they raise their own food and animals for food. When they do go to town, they often don't bother cleaning up much because they're just going for hardware, lumber, seed or whatever. I've seen guys I knew fairly well who were dressed up for a funeral or something, and they looked like totally different people.

The same thing is true for someone who shaves after having a beard for years, colors their hair (or stops) and starts or stops wearing glasses.

Okay, too late to make a long story short but... Is it possible that this guy was a local who seldom goes into town, and usually has work clothes, some kind of hat, shaggier hair, full beard and glasses, but cut his hair, shaved and put on a suit to do this? If he drove to town and parked his vehicle where he wouldn't be likely to be seen but it wouldn't draw attention, it would explain why he was walking at that time of day rather than driving.

Once he was done, all he had to do was change back into his usual clothes, let his hair and beard grow back, and go on as if nothing had happened. If he wasn't around much, it's unlikely anyone would notice his absence while he returned to his former self.

Sorry, it's all I could come up with.

I'm still caught up on the Wingfield/Gillman landfill area.

I've looked at the satellite view, and it looks as though the landfill area is huge. Some of it might be groundworks, but the area was used for landfill from 1952-2004 so it would be pretty big.

The areas that look like landfill I have outlined in red, Wingfield Tip is blue, and the Wingfield Waste and Recycling Depot is green.

It looks to me as though Garden Island, (and possibly Torrens Island) was also used for dumping.

gillman copy.jpg

Here is a view from the Grand Trunkway near the bridge. Not much fencing at that point.

wingfield.jpg

Could they look at google earth images?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

The suitcase man could also simply be someone connected with the roadworks that took place in February/March. He may have been an inspector who had to physically eyeball certain areas of the new roadworks and was picked up by a car along the way. He may have already been interviewed by police and not realise that he is in fact the 'suitcase' man.

I wonder if they have roadway inspectors who cover a large geographic area? If he is currently working somewhere distant, he might not even be aware they're looking for him.

Did anyone mention the condition of the suitcase that suitcase man was carrying ?

He was said to be neatly dressed etc. Would a battered up weather beaten suitcase have been noticed by the people who saw him.

I don't think they mentioned the suitcase condition, unless I missed it.

I wonder whether the "found" suitcase was in that sort of condition before it laid in the weather next to the road for months?

Does Australia keep a DNA database of felons?

I wonder whether the "found" suitcase was in that sort of condition before it laid in the weather next to the road for months?

In any case a black suitcase doesn't become blue when faded, I think. :)

I did a quick google image search on "timeless treasures" fabrics, same as the make of the camel print, to see if any others matched the quilt but I don't think any do.

I think, many truck drivers have seen him, but who knows the dates of sighting?
Maybe some of them who didn't pass that area every day would be able to work it out? Surely there would be a company record of what routes were taken on what day and what was being hauled from A to B. Not that I know much about trucking! Just strikes me that probably any commercial outfit would have some kind of record.

Yeah, I see what you mean. That's why I agree with SAPOL that the answer is somewhere in that community, someone cared about her. And that's why she was left in a place where people would find her remains sooner or later. And people might be afraid to come forward cause they might be threatened or intimidated to keep their mouths shut.

That type of scenario makes a lot of sense to me too, DT.

Back to the dumping of the suitcase for a second. If you, an innocent private citizen, found such a thing in your garden / grounds, wouldn't you put it out for refuse collection on the correct day, or arrange for a pick-up by the local council as you would do with any large, heavy or unusual item that wasn't regular rubbish? I don't know how things work in SA but I'm assuming that that type of facility exists as it does in most other places - correct me if I'm wrong. Alternatively, if you were really bored, you could drive it to a garbage processing site yourself.

Wow, I don't usually read the news articles myself since I am always behind and get everything from here but I was reading the dailymail article and they have big shout outs to websleuths and in particular pheme, astorytold and snoop dog! Way to go yall! It's always nice to see websleuths mentioned with progress in a case!

I wonder if they have roadway inspectors who cover a large geographic area? If he is currently working somewhere distant, he might not even be aware they're looking for him.

Not sure why he wouldn't have his own car, though....

I have another thought. What if the suitcase with clothing and remains was transported by a woman who was a passenger in a truck? She had a destination other than 2km to Wynarka, who knows which.
Maybe the driver sometime was very angry with her, threw her out of his truck and the suitcase followed with impetus. The suitcase woman either went hitchhiking with the next truck/car or ran away on foot, without taking the now even more dirty case.

All people are searching an elderly suitcase man. Nobody is searching a young woman, who was perhaps seen near the suitcase dumping place or walking beside the highway or taking another car near that place and who seemed nervous or agitated .....

IF the driver had molested her before throwing her out, then he has a very good reason not to call police .....

That type of scenario makes a lot of sense to me too, DT.

Back to the dumping of the suitcase for a second. If you, an innocent private citizen, found such a thing in your garden / grounds, wouldn't you put it out for refuse collection on the correct day, or arrange for a pick-up by the local council as you would do with any large, heavy or unusual item that wasn't regular rubbish? I don't know how things work in SA but I'm assuming that that type of facility exists as it does in most other places - correct me if I'm wrong. Alternatively, if you were really bored, you could drive it to a garbage processing site yourself.

If I found a strange suitcase in my garden I would call the police :D I'm not gonna open something that could contain something I really don't want to find. Certainly not after Wynarka.

Where I live they don't pick up stuff like that. Only what fits into your bin. You can call to have stuff picked up, but that's really expensive. About 5 times as expensive as driving it to the dump yourself. Or leave it for free if it can be sold as second hand stuff.

The witnesses said the man was carrying a dark weighted suitcase heading toward the railway and when they next looked he'd disappeared. My guess is he walked up the raised side over the railway lines and down through the bushes. The suitcase was between the railway line and highway. He had someone drop him off in an off street and collected him on the highway. He/they may have not known the railway was not operational and carrying a suitcase at a railway wouldn't arouse suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966