AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it seems like a fairly typical little country town, but I do think it is a bit messy along that road:

Yeah I personally would class it as untidy too... I grew up in semi-rural NSW and my mum came from a more rural area again... everywhere we lived and everyone we visited would be a lot tidier than those pics Snoop Dog added!

Me too. Not a lot of civic pride in that town, is there.
But i makes you wonder - if you wanted to hide a case, why not leave it among all the other rubbish?

Why do I keep going back to this place?
Reminds be of something from a movie, I think.

bb1.gif

Me too. Not a lot of civic pride in that town, is there.
But i makes you wonder - if you wanted to hide a case, why not leave it among all the other rubbish?

Why do I keep going back to this place?
Reminds be of something from a movie, I think.

View attachment 79966

I'm wondering if it is a lack of civic pride, or simply a lot of elderly, infirm residents? Yes, where I live is a lot tidier too.

Do you think anyone is living in this house?

I think I can see a small white fluffy dog at the door looking through the fly screen, so either someone living there or tidying up?????

I agree that it seems like a fairly typical little country town, but I do think it is a bit messy along that road:
View attachment 79960 View attachment 79961 View attachment 79962
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...LBG_xCyA!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

Yes it is a fairly typical country town, I think reasypeasy may have misinterpreted what I was hinting at - I was commenting on some properties at the back of the main street which have appeared to accumulated far more items (some may consider junk) than what is typically normal even by small town standards - well in my opinion anyways - I actually just imagined that if someone has held onto her remains all these years, along with her clothing - could we be looking for someone of the "collector/hoarder type mentality.

I also come from a small (not as small as Wynarka), but a small country town in Victoria, and it is very typical to keep stuff that can be re-used or recycled in some way and for the other reasons mentioned - cost of collection etc. But the amount of collection in the properties I am talking about seems a bit over the top.

Pic of properties I'm Writing about:
wynarka rubbish 2.png

This only just occurred to me...but I dont remember anyone else mentioning it...what if the suitcase was actually left in a spot for someone else to pick up. And it never was??

Another thought for today...the Wynarka fair.....quite possible there were transients passing through town for the fair (I know I am stereotyping)...but it is possible.

I wonder if there are any 'farm stay's' around here. They are quite popular I've known many city folk who move around them for a tree change holiday. Being well dressed with a suitcase wouldn't arouse suspicion.

There was a house for sale that had about 10 beds in it. I'll try and locate it.

The fair this year was actually held in Burdett, which is closer to Murray Bridge, and on the other side of Wynarka to Karoonda. I don't think it has been mentioned yet that April 13 (the day of the first sighting) was the first day of the school holidays?

I've finally been able to sign up and log in. Not a newbie though - I was around in the Baden Clay threads with a different ID that I cannot remember.

I have a few thoughts that I thought I'd share. Firstly regarding suitcase man - I am Australian but have parents living overseas. Often my parents will come to Australia for an extended stay. My dad in particular will usually come for 6 - 8 weeks and then go home. Because they always come and stay with family (and leave things here grrr) they only even come with one suitcase. So if this were my town it would be highly probable that a well dressed older man would suddenly appear twice in six weeks with a suitcase. My parents ALWAYS dress up for travel. Also, when my dad is here he is a homebody. Many people would never know he was even here except he does my yard work. So to me the sightings of this guy aren't unusual based on my experiences. I guess it's possible that this man was dropped off and picked up with six weeks in between.

Also six weeks is often the time people are not allowed to drive following surgery. So it's feasible in my mind that this person arrived to help out for six weeks while someone was recuperating.

Next point - I have a daughter who was born in 2008. Some of the clothing is VERY similar to clothes she had. In particular one of the pairs of little girls shorts and that shoe could every well be identical to her old clothing. Based on my daughter's date of birth it would be impossible for these clothes to somehow find their way to angel. However it made me consider where I actually got the clothes from in the first place. Then I realised that my former sister in law sent me bags and bags of old clothes from her daughters and this is where I obtained them. This means they either belonged to one of her two older daughters - born 2004 or 2000 (?). To me this confirms a little the approximate purchase date of the clothes in the case.

In my area of Australia we have something we call kerbside collection. Basically if we have junk we want to get rid of we have a one week period in which we throw it on the kerb. The council then comes out at the end of the week and picks it up. A suitcase full of 'junk' would be very interesting to scavengers - they'd grab it and go. I have always been bemused by the absolute rubbish people will scavenge from these pick ups. They often grab and go without really looking hard at what they've got. I have tried to find any reference to such a collection in angel's area but can't find anything. However this doesn't mean it couldn't have even been picked up somewhere else and discarded later on the highway.

I think it could be highly possible FG.
It could be a similar effect to a liquorice bar, it was black but would dye tongues and lips blue.
(Choo Choo Bars for us golden oldy Aussies who might remember)

Do I see a sample of the lining sitting on the top of the suitcase?
I notice even the zipper has faded to blue. :thinking:

im finding it hard to believe that the sun would have caused such even fading including the area of the zippers thats why i think that it was in water for years??

today at 19:30 (sydney time) the abc's "7:30 report" will have a segment about this child, fingers crossed it helps to ID her!

i have tried to enhance the gaf label, not much better but there is some print underneath and I also see a number "6"
is this the size? sorry I'm not good with how sizing works on different countries tags but this would be a small ladies size in UK?

i see a 6 or a possible 8, if i stare at it it looks like an 8 lol!

I just checked and the council does actually have some form of kerbside collection, though it is just for recycling. Here is what the website says:

The Lions Club carry out a weekly kerbside collection on a Wednesday. Residents are asked to place all recyclables in a crate, or the Lions can provide a bag which can then be collected when full
From:https://www.dckem.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/june-aug 2012.pdf

Sorry tried to edit my post but it wouldn't save. Wanted to add this:

I also found this:
The Lions Club spend many hours sorting in readiness for delivery to Wally‘s Bottle Yard and Recycling Depot, Murray Bridge.

Any chance a local Lions Club member sorted through the suitcase and discarded it inappropriately?

View attachment 79963

I used the frame by frame method and got this shot, which I have enlarged and sharpened.
Does the video say if they went back to see if it, whatever it is, is still there?
I can see it as a case.

Are you able to measure it in any meaningful way? Perhaps take scale readings from the bike at the beginning, or the background, height of bushes etc? Because that shot looks to me like a mattress, going by the height to width ratio. But I am sure a double or queen mattress would have looked bigger on the original video?

Perhaps a cot mattress?

What kind of work would require bringing a heavy suitcase, as opposed to a briefcase?

If he was a traveling salesman or something, and the suitcase contained both business papers and personal effects (possible), then we still return to the question of why Wynarka would be a stop off point for him. Correct me if wrong, but it's not a place where one would alight a bus or train for a connection.

i didnt mean there on the side of the road for work i meant he was in town for some type of work which would require bringing a suitcase. he may have discovered that there was a remote area to dispose of certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95