AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'We know that clothing that was made in 2007 was with the body when it decomposed'
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...he-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227457115935

[COLOR=#333333 said:
“It doesn’t mean it happened in 2007, but that is the earliest she could have been murdered. It is important for people to remember we are talking about a child who was aged between two and four at any time since 2007.

So this murder could have happened much later than 2007. The date of the disappeared child could have been even 5 years later. That changes who it might be significantly.

"So this murder could have happened much later than 2007. The date of the disappeared child could have been even 5 years later. That changes who it might be significantly."

Yes, there is a very good chance our little baby Jane Doe didn't even exist before 2007......
Back in 2008 a young woman from Burnie in Tasmania went missing without trace, she was pregnant at the time. While there is normally a paper trail of anyone traveling from Tassie to the mainland I remember years ago when my brother was in the Merchant Marines he used to sneak his (Tasmanian) girlfriend onboard the cargo ships for a trip to Victoria......
Anyway the young lady that disappeared had an older baby boy who I think would be 9 by now, by all accounts she was a very devoted mother and wouldn't have gone and left him voluntarily, but you never know.......
A link to the Coroner's finding on the case: http://www.magistratescourt.tas.gov...ings/m/munnings,_helen_karel_-_2012_tascd_138

I think Haolailh must be a Chinese brand; Hao Lai is a common name, and lh is added. The O is in the shape of a Chinese coin as well.

Hi all, I'm new here but I've been reading the threads whilst waiting for the registration to be approved.
Not sure where to start so I'll just jump in.
Below is a link to a zoomed in Google street view that shows what appears to be a black suitcase stashed in the trees. You will probably need to be viewing this image on a reasonably high definition monitor to see what I'm pointing out, a phone probably won't cut it.
This image capture is time stamped September 2014.
As far as I can tell this is very close to where the suitcase was eventually found. By going to the previous capture (February 2010) you will note the object is absent.
Comparing the different captures show some other interesting changes in the landscape. Returning to normal zoom and heading west, we come to the area where there is a small cairn of pale stone that seems to be relocated between the captures and further on there are signs there had been a small road side fire.
Anyway take a look,let me know what you think.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Hi all, I'm new here but I've been reading the threads whilst waiting for the registration to be approved.
Below is a link to a zoomed in Google street view that shows what appears to be a black suitcase stashed in the trees. You will probably need to be viewing this image on a reasonably high definition monitor to see what I'm pointing out, a phone probably won't cut it.
As far as I can tell this is very close to where the suitcase was eventually found. By going to the previous capture (February 2010) you will note the object is absent.
Comparing the different captures show some other interesting changes in the landscape. Returning to normal zoom and heading west, we come to the area where there is a small cairn of pale stone that seems to be relocated between the captures and further on there are signs there had been a small road side fire.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Yes could be. Well done.

Welcome Kustom. Great observations and thank you for posting the link. It certainly does look like a black suitcase laying there among the trees. It could also be a recycle bin.

Going back to map view at the link you posted, I dropped a marker where the black object is. This is not very far from where the suitcase was found. I'm looking for the map showing where the suitcase was found. If anyone has it handy would you post it please?

Location%20of%20black%20object_zpss8buimtb.jpg

Kustom, I think you should pass this info onto Crimestoppers.

Wow, great spotting! Looks like a suitcase to me:
roadsideobject.png

I wish we had a local that could just drive up and see if whatever it is is still sitting there, and the object Shauno captured on his GoPro.

Kustom, are you able to send a link to the street view of the cairn and fire remains you mentioned?

A magnified view of the black object. Looks like a suitcase to me.

Black%20object%20large_zpslb87jrqy.jpg

This object is approximately 1.3kms from Wynarka.
The small cairn I'm using as a reference is about 1.5kms
pictured in 2014
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...xzUSqk-A!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656
Seems to be replacing this cairn pictured in 2010
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...bdXbtBZw!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

The aftermath of a fire about 50 meters further west of the cairn in the 2010 capture.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...JMvDMcJA!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

I've spent a lot of time going "suitcase...old tire...suitcase...old tire..etc."

I'm only estimating the distances, I'm not sure how to do measurements in street view. I've been noting the position and going back to map view to do measurements.

Hi there,

This is my first post on the topic. I have to use Google Maps a lot for work (who, annoyingly, won't pay for NearMap so I have to put up with incredibly out-of-date imagery) and have noticed that jumping from Streetview to regular map view often changes your location (hence why for some it might show up as being further from Wynarka). The suitcase is actually located a lot closer to the actual site of discovery - in fact, it's only about 500 meters away. I've put together a map (in which I've also noted the movement of the cairn, not that it means much without context) which is too big to attach to this post - please see this link instead: http://i.imgur.com/qV3oO2r.jpg

I should also issue a word of warning for any international participants on this forum: a lot of Australian trees look like they've been set on fire (we had a lot of natives in our garden at one point and the shrubbery especially looked unsightly, like someone had intentionally vandalised them).

Hope this helps somewhat!

Wow, great spotting! Looks like a suitcase to me:
View attachment 80257

I wish we had a local that could just drive up and see if whatever it is is still sitting there, and the object Shauno captured on his GoPro.

Is this the possible small roadside fire you mean:
View attachment 80258
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...muQFCLAQ!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656

I am new here too, have been reading along and felt not much to contribute. Still don't :) But i want to say, Kustom, that is great work, it really looks like a suitcase to me as well here in snoopdog's photo......wow, if it is, what of suitcase man?

I am new here too, have been reading along and felt not much to contribute. Still don't :) But i want to say, Kustom, that is great work, it really looks like a suitcase to me as well here in snoopdog's photo......wow, if it is, what of suitcase man?
I should also mention all you guys have contributed and continue to do so as well. ...you guys rock!

it really looks like it though, what is it?

I'm still not sure ?
Here's an image of the same thing from another angle, so you can see why I thought it was the suitcase.
But that first image - straight on makes me think it's something folded ..
wynarka suitcase image 6.png

wynarka suitcase image 10.png

I think the only fabric that hasn't been found is the pumpkin fabric....It's really old, reminds me of those daggy valance curtains in the 80's

View attachment 80239

Ive used a wide range of searches to find it but nothing has popped up. Ive used, pumpkin, corn, sunflower, gingham, autumn harvest, fall colours. I don't think it really matters though, it's vintage and that remnant of fabric has been in there stache for a long time.

Ya know, I think we might be looking for it in the wrong place. The pumpkin gingham might be pre-internet. Maybe we should be hauling out our stashes of quilting books and magazines and scouring through them for pictures of the fabric, especially the August, September and October issues.

If it is indeed a quilting fabric, which I doubt ... but leave no stone unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ