AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I think I figured out what the two cairn things are.
They are marking the approach to (from Wynarka direction) a turn off/track that crosses the railway and goes toward the farm behind.
It's not so easy to see from ground level, which would be a good reason you would want a marker to know when to throw out the anchors.
A mates farm has a similarly hidden entrance, he has reflectors nailed to a tree for this exact purpose.
If you stop this video at the 12 second mark, you can see the cairn to the left and the turnoff/track to the right, with the tent protecting the crime scene smack dab in the middle. At the 32 second mark you get a clear view of the track and railway crossing.

https://youtu.be/E93f-rCXVH4

Edit: That is if they are not actually marking Angel

Hi guys,
Joined up after lurking since the first thread on this case. Total newbie to this type of forum - came across Websleuths when looking for news on this case - so will take a little time to work things out. Nothing new to add, just want to say that I admire your dedication and skills.

:wagon: to all the new posters :)

Watch out, this place is addictive, so many awesome people.

Hi all, I'm new here but I've been reading the threads whilst waiting for the registration to be approved.
Not sure where to start so I'll just jump in.
Below is a link to a zoomed in Google street view that shows what appears to be a black suitcase stashed in the trees. You will probably need to be viewing this image on a reasonably high definition monitor to see what I'm pointing out, a phone probably won't cut it.
This image capture is time stamped September 2014.
As far as I can tell this is very close to where the suitcase was eventually found. By going to the previous capture (February 2010) you will note the object is absent.
Comparing the different captures show some other interesting changes in the landscape. Returning to normal zoom and heading west, we come to the area where there is a small cairn of pale stone that seems to be relocated between the captures and further on there are signs there had been a small road side fire.
Anyway take a look,let me know what you think.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Wow...just wow... That could just be an amazing find..
Please hand this information in !

Hi guys,
Joined up after lurking since the first thread on this case. Total newbie to this type of forum - came across Websleuths when looking for news on this case - so will take a little time to work things out. Nothing new to add, just want to say that I admire your dedication and skills.

Welcome HanBanan.

This object is approximately 1.3kms from Wynarka.
The small cairn I'm using as a reference is about 1.5kms
pictured in 2014
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...xzUSqk-A!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656
Seems to be replacing this cairn pictured in 2010
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...bdXbtBZw!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

The aftermath of a fire about 50 meters further west of the cairn in the 2010 capture.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...JMvDMcJA!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656

I've spent a lot of time going "suitcase...old tire...suitcase...old tire..etc."

I'm only estimating the distances, I'm not sure how to do measurements in street view. I've been noting the position and going back to map view to do measurements.

Oh wow, great work.

Maybe we can ask ShaunO to go over his gopro footage again to see what he's got at that spot?

Okay I think I figured out what the two cairn things are.
They are marking the approach to (from Wynarka direction) a turn off/track that crosses the railway and goes toward the farm behind.
It's not so easy to see from ground level, which would be a good reason you would want a marker to know when to throw out the anchors.
A mates farm has a similarly hidden entrance, he has reflectors nailed to a tree for this exact purpose.
If you stop this video at the 12 second mark, you can see the cairn to the left and the turnoff/track to the right, with the tent protecting the crime scene smack dab in the middle. At the 32 second mark you get a clear view of the track and railway crossing.

https://youtu.be/E93f-rCXVH4

Edit: That is if they are not actually marking Angel

If Angels remains were found near an entrance to a farm behind the railway track, that makes you wonder how significant that is.
Did whoever left her there, leave her at that very spot on purpose?

And shouldn't those people of that farm have noticed the suitcase much sooner in that case?

Welcome Kustom. Great observations and thank you for posting the link. It certainly does look like a black suitcase laying there among the trees. It could also be a recycle bin.

Going back to map view at the link you posted, I dropped a marker where the black object is. This is not very far from where the suitcase was found. I'm looking for the map showing where the suitcase was found. If anyone has it handy would you post it please?

Location%20of%20black%20object_zpss8buimtb.jpg

When I used Kustom's link - (Its an Active Link) and travelled down the road .... it pinpoints the area as being just outside of Wynarka. Using your map (hope that 's ok) Ive placed arrows where the suitcase was eventually found and Kustom's image.

wynarka Kustoms link.png

Hi all, I'm new here but I've been reading the threads whilst waiting for the registration to be approved.
Not sure where to start so I'll just jump in.
Below is a link to a zoomed in Google street view that shows what appears to be a black suitcase stashed in the trees. You will probably need to be viewing this image on a reasonably high definition monitor to see what I'm pointing out, a phone probably won't cut it.
This image capture is time stamped September 2014.
As far as I can tell this is very close to where the suitcase was eventually found. By going to the previous capture (February 2010) you will note the object is absent.
Comparing the different captures show some other interesting changes in the landscape. Returning to normal zoom and heading west, we come to the area where there is a small cairn of pale stone that seems to be relocated between the captures and further on there are signs there had been a small road side fire.
Anyway take a look,let me know what you think.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...4!1sm93lzmRvxf5ucmiFBAOsyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Kustom!!!!
Wow!
This is the most extraordinary piece of information.
I have looked at it every which way in photoshop and I'm convinced it is a suitcase.
Have you reported it?

Of course, if it is THE suitcase, this puts a whole new slant on everything.

When I used Kustom's link - (Its an Active Link) and travelled down the road .... it pinpoints the area as being just outside of Wynarka. Using your map (hope that 's ok) Ive placed arrows where the suitcase was eventually found and Kustom's image.

View attachment 80266

Fantastic Puggle! Thank you. I was in a mad rush trying to cook dinner as well as trying to find a location on that map. I just dropped a marker when I was looking at the street view image Kustom sent us.

This is extremely interesting isn't it. Look how close those two sites are! One thing I did notice with Kustom's street view image is that there is a can on the ground near the bag. In the images we've seen of where little Angel was found, there was also a can on the ground. It looked like an empty beer can, which I'm sure the police would have confiscated. The cans may not mean anything because there is so much litter along the Karoonda Highway but still worth noting I think.

OT but hands up who else spent hours scanning Tomod images for MH370 wreakage?
Scanning the Karoonda Highway roadsides is comparable :)

If Angels remains were found near an entrance to a farm behind the railway track, that makes you wonder how significant that is.
Did whoever left her there, leave her at that very spot on purpose?

And shouldn't those people of that farm have noticed the suitcase much sooner in that case?

The police would have spoken to the people at that farm, unless they weren't home when the police dropped by. If that is the case, the police would have returned and if the people couldn't be located, further checks on them would have been done.

View attachment 80266

If that's the suitcase, it has crossed the railroad and the road or just the road?

It's still on the same side (southern side)

Thanks. If that IS the suitcase, it still means someone had to physically pick it up and move it. I've been wondering all along about wild animals. I haven't seen any indication on the photos of the suitcase it's been maimed at all.

And just another aerial shot of the area from Shauno's gopro video:
Shaunocrossingsaerialshot.jpg
[video=youtube;hn_5fTWCnME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_5fTWCnME[/video]

I like visuals. :blushing:

Thanks. If that IS the suitcase, it still means someone had to physically pick it up and move it. I've been wondering all along about wild animals. I haven't seen any indication on the photos of the suitcase it's been maimed at all.
Apart from pet (or feral) dogs and cats about the biggest carnivorous wild animals on mainland Australia are a bandicoots, and they just eat grubs, so nah, no scary wild critters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal