AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are foxes, but unlikely they'd be interested in a suitcase.

No dingoes this far south.

Apart from pet (or feral) dogs and cats about the biggest carnivorous wild animals on mainland Australia are a bandicoots, and they just eat grubs, so nah, no scary wild critters here.

Well, that explains it. Where I'm at ... I can envision coyotes, feral dogs, cats, raccoons, possums, foxes, bobcats, just a lot.

If that's the suitcase, it has crossed the railroad and the road or just the road?

Just the road...The image supplied suggest an object (still unidentified - possibly the suitcase - possibly a recycle bin used in that time (2014).. In the bushes along side Highway.. roadside of the rail line.

On memory the pumpkin print in the quilt is a place mat. I recall having purchased a set I believe are the same if not very similar from a home linen party many years ago. Im talking 90's and well before the internet was common place or even in Australia. It was a home based linen party but for the life of me cant remember the name but pretty sure they dont operate anymore. I certainly recognise the pumpkin print as related to those place mats though. Was very popular around 20+ years ago. Hope this helps.

What kind of material were the place mats? Could the pumpkin piece have been cut from a place mat?

I layered the image of the black recycle bin we discussed the other day on top of the street view image for comparison. The street view image is a totally different shape and IMO is definitely a black suitcase.

bag%20and%20rc%20bin_zps7ubju4w9.jpg

This is awesome work by all on here. You would hope that all this is covering over ground that the police may have already investigated. Hopefully. They have access to far better imaging software and mapping than us, so fingers crossed.

I layered the image of the black recycle bin we discussed the other day on top of the street view image for comparison. The street view image is a totally different shape and IMO is definitely a black suitcase.

Hope this has went to crimestoppers!

Just have to add..... until very recently I had never heard of Geocaching.....someone brought it up recently and this hobby would have seen many of people who would have been Geo-caching within the very area the suitcase was found.... and might have moved the suitcase a few metres from its original spot to where it was found...

Until ShaunO posted his dirt bike video, I'd been under the impression that not many people would notice stuff on the side of the road as they wizzed by at 110kph.
But now that we know walkers are geocaching along there and that the rail access track is popular for dirt vehicles it becomes a more and more unlikely spot to intentionally leave a suitcase that you don't want found.

Okay I think I figured out what the two cairn things are.
They are marking the approach to (from Wynarka direction) a turn off/track that crosses the railway and goes toward the farm behind.
It's not so easy to see from ground level, which would be a good reason you would want a marker to know when to throw out the anchors.
A mates farm has a similarly hidden entrance, he has reflectors nailed to a tree for this exact purpose.
If you stop this video at the 12 second mark, you can see the cairn to the left and the turnoff/track to the right, with the tent protecting the crime scene smack dab in the middle. At the 32 second mark you get a clear view of the track and railway crossing.

https://youtu.be/E93f-rCXVH4

Edit: That is if they are not actually marking Angel

Kustom, I just have to ask. How did you ever find that black object (suitcase?) in all of that scrub just by using Google street view? I've driven up and down the Karoonda Highway in my Google car many times and the landscape is just scrub, scrub and more scrub. Zooming out of your street view image to where I can actually see the shadow of the Google Map car, the black object is just about indiscernible. Blink and you miss it.

Not sure if it helps or hinders now............... Since someone suggested Geocaching..... I have looked into this....Sooooo many people could have come across the suitcase and moved it a few meters without realising the significance of it...over a period of time..How many feet/metres is anyone's guess

It's a bit depressing really, isn't it?
If we find that the suitcase has been on the roadside for 12 months and that suitcase-man is just a furphy, then linking this child to the area becomes meaningless.
Unless there is forensic evidence to suggest she is local.

Just have to add..... until very recently I had never heard of Geocaching.....someone brought it up recently and this hobby would have seen many of people who would have been Geo-caching within the very area the suitcase was found.... and might have moved the suitcase a few metres from its original spot to where it was found...

I hadn't heard of Geocaching until this week too Puggle, it sounds like fun so I signed up and my little family are going geo-caching this weekend :) There aren't that many around directly where I live, but the ones that are there look like they are in fun/tricky to get to/interesting/in the bush kind of ones :) I was surprised to see the amount of people that had either found the caches around here, or looked but didn't find (in the comments on the geocaching website), it seems it's a popular activity, I think I'm going to like it.

Wel in any case the police could ask Wynarka residents if anyone's bin was missing at that date.

This object is approximately 1.3kms from Wynarka. The small cairn I'm using as a reference is about 1.5kmspictured in 2014https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...xzUSqk-A!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656Seems to be replacing this cairn pictured in 2010https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...bdXbtBZw!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656The aftermath of a fire about 50 meters further west of the cairn in the 2010 capture.https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35...JMvDMcJA!2e0!5s20100201T000000!7i13312!8i6656I've spent a lot of time going "suitcase...old tire...suitcase...old tire..etc."I'm only estimating the distances, I'm not sure how to do measurements in street view. I've been noting the position and going back to map view to do measurements.
Wo you can say the bag was definitely not sitting there the whole time and was placed there recently like witnesses say. That is a good find!

I hadn't heard of Geocaching until this week too Puggle, it sounds like fun so I signed up and my little family are going geo-caching this weekend :) There aren't that many around directly where I live, but the ones that are there look like they are in fun/tricky to get to/interesting/in the bush kind of ones :) I was surprised to see the amount of people that had either found the caches around here, or looked but didn't find (in the comments on the geocaching website), it seems it's a popular activity, I think I'm going to like it.

In our extended family there is a girl who is playing geocaching in a group which takes all their dogs with them. Also the dogs have fun!

What about horseback riding and people walking their dogs. Should they have spotted the suitcase? Do people ride horses and walk dogs at the suitcase site (where it was found).

What else do people do there? Ride bikes (not motorbikes), jogging, fly drone's etc.? Walking?

And we should try to find out about the road reconstruction plan. It almost seems like someone wanted roadworkers to find the remains, but kept moving the suitcase along with the construction work. And 'in a last attempt' placed it on a rubble pile left by the road workers?

Wow, great spotting! Looks like a suitcase to me:
View attachment 80257

I wish we had a local that could just drive up and see if whatever it is is still sitting there, and the object Shauno captured on his GoPro.

Do we have an artist onboard, or a mathematician who could tell us the measurement of the black object that looks like a suitcase?

Do we have an artist onboard, or a mathematician who could tell us the measurement of the black object that looks like a suitcase?

Yeah and someone who can give us rain statistics from that date onwards. See if the deterioration of the suitcase would be probable. The suitcase in Shaun's video looks very whitish. But after what he filmed there were heavy rains I think.

And if little Angels suitcase would have fitted within this much blacker suitcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phenomanon