AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the parent/carer chose black because of not showing up dirt, it might shows that this person is practical and thoughtful.
Is that someone with an agricultural background? Dark clothing in a rural setting?
I wonder if the child had a condition and the parent murdered Angel because she was too much for a particular parent to cope?

Sorry for the misspelling Seabreeze1.

Another scenario to add to the idea that the person who placed the suitcase by the highway was not the killer - perhaps they were a direct witness to the murder. Perhaps a situation escalated way out of control. IMO

So someone left the suitcase on the road and casual duit man has come looking for the suitcase on the phone?

Idoubt the man on the phone is relevant.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Probablyjust a guy who stopped for a wee and checked the time on his phone onthe way back to his car.[/FONT]

In brief, I think that the near total disintegration of the cotton parts of the quilt are because the body was stored with it, in a sealed humid place, somewhere like in plastic a hot loft, or in a stored caravan - the body fluids, humidity and lack of evaporation would cause the rot of the cotton fibres. The other clothing, if not actually in contact with the body, would have been stored similarly, with moisture, humidity and lack of evaporation being a factor, though I do not believe that the clothing or body were stored in water.

I really appreciate your comments and agree that the disintegration of the quilt is not from any normal kind of wear. When I first saw the pictures of the quilt, I wondered if there had been some kind of chemical reaction with the cotton.

I have a couple of questions. The quilt was obviously neatly folded. The pictures we’ve seen shows fabrics still in place as it was unfolded. If the child’s body was placed in with the quilt, would it not look bunched up, tucked in, or wrapped?

The other question is regarding the back of the quilt. Could it have survived so well? Of course, we haven’t seen all of the back, so perhaps I am assuming that it survived. Still, there are pieces of the back showing through – the music notes that are backwards, are most likely quilt back.

Is it possible that the quilt was laid on a floor that had been cleaned with a household cleaner that has a sulphuric acid base? That would disintegrate the cotton, but leave the polyester unharmed. That would also created a “burned” look. I think that the burned look is significant.

Or is it possible that the child was left lying on the quilt for a period of time until her body started to decompose, and then the body was removed and the quilt folded and put away. That might have been only a few days. If that was the case, would the sides of the quilt be in better condition? Would there be a body-shaped pattern of deterioration?

I’m still trying to make sense of all the details.

It's really not unusual to find stuff like that along the highways. I've done roadside cleanups with the Keep Australia Beautiful people a few times and you always find the oddest things.

Part of my PhD focuses on people who illegally dump rubbish in grey-area locales (places where ownership isn't obvious - empty lots, new housing estates with only a few residents [or none], unpopular parks): it's a surprisingly common activity! I've had to observe these people as part of my fieldwork and they're just normal people driven by the desire to rid themselves of stuff. This could seem completely bizarre so I can understand why this behaviour would raise a lot of questions. Same mentality as littering I suppose!

Just some slightly related speculation... perhaps those who reported the suitcase/bones to police (or came across it without reporting) didn't think anything of it initially because they'd check up on rubbish regularly, expecting to see strange objects (hence the return visit of the initial discoverer). There's an estate near me in VIC which I visit every so often, and part of my walk includes checking out the random stuff dumped there - anything from boring (household garbage, childrens toys, clothes, and smashed CRT tvs) to very, very weird (animal skeletons, bags of medication, even a giant pile of police checks from one of those dodgy TAFE institutes...!). Looking back on my past visits, I can't even recall seeing anything truly suspect or worth calling police over - perhaps others who saw the suitcase are in the same boat, and simply don't remember the suitcase. I can also imagine some people would be reluctant to mention that they'd seen anything lest they face a barrage of questions from police as to what they were doing in the first place - not that this is any legitimate reason not to speak to police! I'm thinking of the illegal scrub campers here.

Just some thoughts which kind of meandered a little bit :eek:hoh:

If the child had been left on the quilt until she died, would urine have created the pattern of deterioration on the quilt that we see in the photos?

Urine from a normally hydrated person would be basic. A basic chemical would not create that pattern of deterioration, but urine becomes acidic if the person is dehydrated. (Am I right?) An acidic reaction would create that pattern of deterioration.

This is hardly scientific but I was thinking about decomposition and remembering a dead rat on the floor of a holiday house we rented.
It was pretty much just mummified skin and bones when we arrived.
We scooped it up with a dustpan and it was past smelling, but the surprising thing was that a rat body sized hole was in the cheap nylon blend carpet and in the rubber underlay, so when we cleaned it up everything underneath had rotted away down to the cement floor.
For this reason I am doubtful that the clothes and quilt were in contact with the body as it decomposed.
Seems funny to say it, but I think the quilt is actually too well preserved to have been wrapped around a decomposing body.

Part of my PhD focuses on people who illegally dump rubbish in grey-area locales (places where ownership isn't obvious - empty lots, new housing estates with only a few residents [or none], unpopular parks): it's a surprisingly common activity! I've had to observe these people as part of my fieldwork and they're just normal people driven by the desire to rid themselves of stuff. This could seem completely bizarre so I can understand why this behaviour would raise a lot of questions. Same mentality as littering I suppose!

Just some slightly related speculation... perhaps those who reported the suitcase/bones to police (or came across it without reporting) didn't think anything of it initially because they'd check up on rubbish regularly, expecting to see strange objects (hence the return visit of the initial discoverer). There's an estate near me in VIC which I visit every so often, and part of my walk includes checking out the random stuff dumped there - anything from boring (household garbage, childrens toys, clothes, and smashed CRT tvs) to very, very weird (animal skeletons, bags of medication, even a giant pile of police checks from one of those dodgy TAFE institutes...!). Looking back on my past visits, I can't even recall seeing anything truly suspect or worth calling police over - perhaps others who saw the suitcase are in the same boat, and simply don't remember the suitcase. I can also imagine some people would be reluctant to mention that they'd seen anything lest they face a barrage of questions from police as to what they were doing in the first place - not that this is any legitimate reason not to speak to police! I'm thinking of the illegal scrub campers here.

Just some thoughts which kind of meandered a little bit :eek:hoh:

Sounds like an interesting PhD. I wonder if anyone that scavenged through the case took anything that may be pertinent as evidence. Like a weapon even?

This is hardly scientific but I was thinking about decomposition and remembering a dead rat on the floor of a holiday house we rented.
It was pretty much just mummified skin and bones when we arrived.
We scooped it up with a dustpan and it was past smelling, but the surprising thing was that a rat body sized hole was in the cheap nylon blend carpet and in the rubber underlay, so when we cleaned it up everything underneath had rotted away down to the cement floor.
For this reason I am doubtful that the clothes and quilt were in contact with the body as it decomposed.
Seems funny to say it, but I think the quilt is actually too well preserved to have been wrapped around a decomposing body.

But what if you picked up the rat before it was completely decomposed ... say after you recovered from a weekend bender? Would the carpet be damaged, but not completely disintegrated?

But what if you picked up the rat before it was completely decomposed ... say after you recovered from a weekend bender? Would the carpet be damaged, but not completely disintegrated?

I have no idea :)

I really appreciate your comments and agree that the disintegration of the quilt is not from any normal kind of wear. When I first saw the pictures of the quilt, I wondered if there had been some kind of chemical reaction with the cotton.

I have a couple of questions. The quilt was obviously neatly folded. The pictures we’ve seen shows fabrics still in place as it was unfolded. If the child’s body was placed in with the quilt, would it not look bunched up, tucked in, or wrapped?

The other question is regarding the back of the quilt. Could it have survived so well? Of course, we haven’t seen all of the back, so perhaps I am assuming that it survived. Still, there are pieces of the back showing through – the music notes that are backwards, are most likely quilt back.

Is it possible that the quilt was laid on a floor that had been cleaned with a household cleaner that has a sulphuric acid base? That would disintegrate the cotton, but leave the polyester unharmed. That would also created a “burned” look. I think that the burned look is significant.

Or is it possible that the child was left lying on the quilt for a period of time until her body started to decompose, and then the body was removed and the quilt folded and put away. That might have been only a few days. If that was the case, would the sides of the quilt be in better condition? Would there be a body-shaped pattern of deterioration?

I’m still trying to make sense of all the details.

Good questions.
I can't see how the child (90-95cms tall) could be wrapped in a quilt (90cm x 90cms) and the quilt still have fold creases. I wonder if the quilt absorbed a lot of blood as a result of the murder and was then folded and stored in plastic.

With regard to the burnt look, I think it is normal for cotton to deteriorate this way in moist conditions (but I am no expert). Similar to leaves decaying.
leaves.jpg

How would you expose/find a family that is so insular that their daily activities are unknown for years ????

I really feel , given the vast amount of information that the police have given out with the clothing items - by now someone should have come forward... the only reason I can think of why no one has come forward - is that the family/extended have maintained a low social profile (For whatever reason)

But if the family kept solely to themselves....how could you find them ???

Any ideas ..

Seabreaze, I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Perhaps the killer has died or is now in jail for a very long time due to another crime. The person who removed Angel's body from where the killer placed her could very well feel now it's safe enough to expose the crime they so strongly found abhorent.

Why don't the person provide the killer's name and address in the suitcase? Perhaps the details was in a piece of paper but blew away by the wind.

I wonder if the child had a condition and the parent murdered Angel because she was too much for a particular parent to cope?

Possible. But say if she was disable, it might made more people noticed or remember her.

How would you expose/find a family that is so insular that their daily activities are unknown for years ????

I really feel , given the vast amount of information that the police have given out with the clothing items - by now someone should have come forward... the only reason I can think of why no one has come forward - is that the family/extended have maintained a low social profile (For whatever reason)

But if the family kept solely to themselves....how could you find them ???

Any ideas ..

No ideas, but as I see it, other than the tutu dress, all those clothes are just so ordinary I doubt anyone would notice them.
A few years ago we had 2 little girls living next door and I'd talk to them whenever we were both outside.
They were real little chatterboxes, but I'm blowed if I can recall a single item of clothing they ever wore.
I can even remember them playing dress-ups in the garden and I remember commenting on how they looked, but I have no visual memory of what they wore.
Maybe I am just odd that way, but I close my eyes and I can visualise them doing things in their garden but cannot remember anything about their clothes.
Can I ask if other people can clearly remember such things?

If she was disabled there is also a greater possibility she would be on a Centrelink database too as her parents would have been able to claim benefits for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966