AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea created a few thoughts for me.

Why would someone initially buried a body and then dump the bones (in the suitcase) to the surface?

Unless you might be referring to two different person, one buried the body, another dug up the bones and threw them away. But why?

Or you could be referring to a parent missed his/her child but to let the child’s body fully decomposed first (perhaps the parent think this is the cleanest way) before taking her bones back (might be put into the suitcase) for sentimental reason. And then the parent one day decided or someone else threw the suitcase away.

My imaginary scenario works this way.
Child is killed by a parent and buried wherever they are living.
Clothes are stored in a case, probably by the mother, as keepsakes.

The couple move at some time in the last few years, but before they do the mother digs up the remains and places them with the clothes in the case.
The father doesn't know she did that.

Wherever they move to (presumably somewhere around Wynarka area), the case is kept in a garage or shed.
Someone removes the case. I think it was most likely stolen along with other items from the shed.
The thief pulls over on the side of the road to see what is in the case, but sees only grubby old clothes, so they dump it on the roadside.

When the couple become aware of the theft, the mother tells her husband that she had put the bones in it.
He panics, and walks around the immediate area with a suitcase in which he will put the contents when he finds them.
But he doesn't find them. The police find them first.

Alternatively, the husband decides to throw away the case because he is sick of his wife keeping the clothes.
He does that in a fit of anger with her.
She then tells him the bones were in the case and so, unable to remember the exact location where he left it, he wanders about (again with a larger suitcase) trying to find it again.

To me, one of the other of these scenarios fits all the details we know.

It does seem to be likely that the murder did occur closer to 2007 than more recently.
But the mention of the father and young daughter just up and gone in a recent article has just got me thinking about the possibility that it could have been sooner.
Thought, it was worth some discussion while things are quiet.

Back to that early interview with Supt Bray at 4:13

In relation to time of death;
We have been examining all the labels on all of the clothing ....
Some of the clothing has been identified as having first been made in 2007 and some since that time.
Staining and decomposition of some of the marks on the clothing indicate to us the child died since 2007........

We still believe the child died elsewhere and was shifted in recent times as to what recent times means ... at least March or April but it may have been many months before that.

It has been reported that 50 items were found in the suitcase.
I wonder if any items have been found to have been manufactured at a later date?

Does anyone think that suitcase could have lay there on the highway for many more months unnoticed?
I have no idea why but imo the suitcase was already severely weathered before the remains and clothes were shifted into it.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

My imaginary scenario works this way.
Child is killed by a parent and buried wherever they are living.
Clothes are stored in a case, probably by the mother, as keepsakes.

The couple move at some time in the last few years, but before they do the mother digs up the remains and places them with the clothes in the case.
The father doesn't know she did that.

Wherever they move to (presumably somewhere around Wynarka area), the case is kept in a garage or shed.
Someone removes the case. I think it was most likely stolen along with other items from the shed.
The thief pulls over on the side of the road to see what is in the case, but sees only grubby old clothes, so they dump it on the roadside.

When the couple become aware of the theft, the mother tells her husband that she had put the bones in it.
He panics, and walks around the immediate area with a suitcase in which he will put the contents when he finds them.
But he doesn't find them. The police find them first.

Alternatively, the husband decides to throw away the case because he is sick of his wife keeping the clothes.
He does that in a fit of anger with her.
She then tells him the bones were in the case and so, unable to remember the exact location where he left it, he wanders about (again with a larger suitcase) trying to find it again.

To me, one of the other of these scenarios fits all the details we know.
So someone left the suitcase on the road and casual duit man has come looking for the suitcase on the phone?

It does seem to be likely that the murder did occur closer to 2007 than more recently.
But the mention of the father and young daughter just up and gone in a recent article has just got me thinking about the possibility that it could have been sooner.

Some of the clothing has been identified as having first been made in 2007 and some since that time.
Staining and decomposition of some of the marks on the clothing indicate to us the child died since 2007........

We still believe the child died elsewhere and was shifted in recent times as to what recent times means ... at least March or April but it may have been many months before that.

I wonder if any items have been found to have been manufactured at a later date?

Does anyone think that suitcase could have lay there on the highway for many more months unnoticed?
I have no idea why but imo the suitcase was already severely weathered before the remains and clothes were shifted into it.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

I think there is a possibility that the case had been on the highway underneath scrub or possibly further back for, maybe months before it was first seen. I did read on another forum some time ago - a woman stated her husband believed he had seen this suitcase approximately 60km north on the highway, as he was travelling to Loxton daily at the time. He had reported it to crimestoppers and they told him they would contact him further if needed. So when they completed that search with the horses, i thought maybe others had reported the same. Nothing has been said by the police though. The scrub along there all looks the same though, it would be easy to be mistaken.

I've spoken to a member of SAPOL (Major Crime Investigation Branch) in regard to the suitcase featured on the trucking association website. It is the detective's understanding that two photos were supplied to the trucking association of two different but very similar suitcases, one of which was the suitcase found on the Karoonda Highway with the child's remains and the second was found on the Mallee Highway. It appears the trucking association have chosen to use the Mallee Highway photo in this case.

To clarify, the suitcase with the child's remains was found first, which led to reports of other roadside junk being located and the second suitcase was some of that roadside junk reported by a passer-by, but on the Mallee Highway, not the Karoonda Highway. This in turn has caused members of the public to contact Crime Stoppers saying they saw 'the suitcase' but what they actually saw was the second suitcase on the Mallee Highway.

The two suitcases are not connected in any way. Apparently there is a lot of junk, including suitcases, discarded on the side of the road in the Mallee area. To date none of this junk is related to the case.

The MCIB have received phone calls and dash cam footage from various truckies which has been of great benefit. The trucking association will be asked to replace the photo on their webpage with that of the correct suitcase.

BBM.

Yep, we just don't know where the body decomposed. Nor does that journalist.

Am I dreaming or not: I mean to have read, the body wasn't buried in soil before and not in water. Was the suitcase meant??
I remember to have been relieved, that we now got to know more to this and have to think only about other placements of the body before/while decomposing.
I have searched to find the corresponding link, but ... nothing.

:thinking:

BBM: Yes I do think that is highly possible Soso.

Further to my post #566 upthread. The detective said that they have found two or three other suitcases among the roadside junk. These are in addition to the Wynarka suitcase and the Mallee Highway suitcase.

There is every possibility that the suitcase with Angel's remains was originally dumped a lot further from where it was found. It may have been picked up many times, the contents quickly checked without the bones ever being noticed and then dumped further from where that person initially found it.

Below is the pic of the suitcase once again. I've sharpened this image in Photoshop to enhance the highlights, shadows and colours. IMO it looks like it has been out in the weather for more than four months (March - July of this year). Two possibilities are that it has been out in the scrub for much longer or it has been stored away for a long time, with or without Angel's remains inside.

Suitcase%20sharpened_zpsr81cetv9.jpg

I really am convinced the mystery man was involved but not a hardened criminal if that makes sense. Clumsily disposed of suitcase and oblivious to how many people may have seen him. But then it's clear the child was not accidentally killed. So I believe he was not the perpetrator. This is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the same, I feel as though he wasn't the killer but knew who did it and didn't want to keep it a secret any longer.

Thanks for this soso. BBM it makes me think this poor child died quite sometime after 2007. Supt Bray did say some of the clothes were made after that so it looks likely imo.
Considering the circumstances angel has been found I really have difficulty thinking this child was looked after and felt important enough by whoever had charge of her to purchase her brand new clothes?

"The child died elsewhere and was shifted in recent times" Supt Bray says. Does he mean the decomposed remains were shifted in recent times? Decomposition happens rather quickly so she could have only died in the last year, if the rest of the decomposition happened in the suitcase.

I hate writing such things so I'm not writing any more now.

I have always assumed the body was buried, decomposed in the ground, and was later dug up.
I am curious to know what reason others have for assuming the body decomposed above ground?

I assume it because the reasons behind the most obvious and likely narratives that involve not disposing of the body effectively in the first place (or at the very least, within a couple of days before much decomp) and then not disposing of it effectively in the second place (just leaving it around in a suitcase?) involve a measure of either denial of the situation or sheer feckless lack of planning and thought on the part of the perp. So there's reason for a likely common causality there in the perp's thought processes. The body is left laying in her cot until it gets stanky because the perp is not great at planning, then scooped into a suitcase with her quilt and clothes when she got smelly and the suitcase taken to a well ventilated outside shed (given the state of the suitcase with fading I'm thinking a woodshed style shed, with only two or three walls) and then once again forgotten about a good long time. The solution in both cases is near enough equals good enough. Therefore we are looking for someone whose approach to life (even really big important matters like disposing of a body!) is near enough is good enough and that'll do.

That's just how my thought processes are running.

I assume it because the reasons behind the most obvious and likely narratives that involve not disposing of the body effectively in the first place (or at the very least, within a couple of days before much decomp) and then not disposing of it effectively in the second place (just leaving it around in a suitcase?) involve a measure of either denial of the situation or sheer feckless lack of planning and thought on the part of the perp. So there's reason for a likely common causality there in the perp's thought processes. The body is left laying in her cot until it gets stanky because the perp is not great at planning, then scooped into a suitcase with her quilt and clothes when she got smelly and the suitcase taken to a well ventilated outside shed (given the state of the suitcase with fading I'm thinking a woodshed style shed, with only two or three walls) and then once again forgotten about a good long time. The solution in both cases is near enough equals good enough. Therefore we are looking for someone whose approach to life (even really big important matters like disposing of a body!) is near enough is good enough and that'll do.

That's just how my thought processes are running.

I'm thinking mental illness and totally out of touch with reality.

Further to my post #566 upthread. The detective said that they have found two or three other suitcases among the roadside junk. These are in addition to the Wynarka suitcase and the Mallee Highway suitcase.

There is every possibility that the suitcase with Angel's remains was originally dumped a lot further from where it was found. It may have been picked up many times, the contents quickly checked without the bones ever being noticed and then dumped further from where that person initially found it.

Below is the pic of the suitcase once again. I've sharpened this image in Photoshop to enhance the highlights, shadows and colours. IMO it looks like it has been out in the weather for more than four months (March - July of this year). Two possibilities are that it has been out in the scrub for much longer or it has been stored away for a long time, with or without Angel's remains inside.

Suitcase%20sharpened_zpsr81cetv9.jpg

So, if there is a possibility that the suitcase has been picked up and relocated a few times over a larger stretch of highway by curious passers by, there is also a possibility that "suitcase man" and the town of Wynarka are not associated with the suitcase.

I've spoken to a member of SAPOL (Major Crime Investigation Branch) in regard to the suitcase featured on the trucking association website. It is the detective's understanding that two photos were supplied to the trucking association of two different but very similar suitcases, one of which was the suitcase found on the Karoonda Highway with the child's remains and the second was found on the Mallee Highway. It appears the trucking association have chosen to use the Mallee Highway photo in this case.

To clarify, the suitcase with the child's remains was found first, which led to reports of other roadside junk being located and the second suitcase was some of that roadside junk reported by a passer-by, but on the Mallee Highway, not the Karoonda Highway. This in turn has caused members of the public to contact Crime Stoppers saying they saw 'the suitcase' but what they actually saw was the second suitcase on the Mallee Highway.

The two suitcases are not connected in any way. Apparently there is a lot of junk, including suitcases, discarded on the side of the road in the Mallee area. To date none of this junk is related to the case.

The MCIB have received phone calls and dash cam footage from various truckies which has been of great benefit. The trucking association will be asked to replace the photo on their webpage with that of the correct suitcase.

BBM.
That is awesome Makara.
Why are suitcases on the highway though? If you have one in the car, why ditch it?
It sounds like homeless or transients are ditching the case while walking highway for different reasons. The wheel or handle breaks?
Are people dropping people off from a lift with their suitcase?
Obviously councils arent moving through picking up rubbish at the fenceline?
Would the farmer behind the scrub have seen the suitcase at the fence?
Did someone pull a suitcase off the highway and place Angel in it?

That is awesome Makara.
Why are suitcases on the highway though? If you have one in the car, why ditch it?
It sounds like homeless or transients are ditching the case while walking highway for different reasons. The wheel or handle breaks?
Are people dropping people off from a lift with their suitcase?
Obviously councils arent moving through picking up rubbish at the fenceline?
Would the farmer behind the scrub have seen the suitcase at the fence?
Did someone pull a suitcase off the highway and place Angel in it?

It's really not unusual to find stuff like that along the highways. I've done roadside cleanups with the Keep Australia Beautiful people a few times and you always find the oddest things.

I think the same, I feel as though he wasn't the killer but knew who did it and didn't want to keep it a secret any longer.

Seabreaze, I've been thinking along these lines for a while now. Perhaps the killer has died or is now in jail for a very long time due to another crime. The person who removed Angel's body from where the killer placed her could very well feel now it's safe enough to expose the crime they so strongly found abhorent.

Mother or father killed the child either because of mental illness induced by drugs or PNTD.
They wrapped the child and placed it out in the scrub on the property. The body started to decompose eminating a horrible smell. They had to something but couldnt have a funeral under the circumstances.
They hatched a plan to place the body in a case they found beside the road.
They placed the case away from the road at the fence line.
A passer by opens the case but runs from the smell.
The old boy finds the case, sees the remains and panics. He takes Angels remains to the road side so Angel is found and reported.
Casual suit guy comes back looking for suit case?

It's really not unusual to find stuff like that along the highways. I've done roadside cleanups with the Keep Australia Beautiful people a few times and you always find the oddest things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo