AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedophile or not, I believe the child was killed by a parent or caregiver, as much as it pains me to think that but we do have clear cut evidence that both parents can and do, kill their children, regardless of love for them.
It may not be the same kind of love we define as ours but it is possible. Drugs, a psychotic break, a domestic dispute ending in violence etc.

BTW, I'm no expert sewer, but I made a few patchwork play rugs for my kids just because I liked them to have something I had personally made and I was useless and sewing or knitting clothing.
I just used random bits of fabric from old clothes, pillowcases and so on.
Those rugs eventually wore away to rags and fell apart.
They were constantly washed because kids spilt food on them sitting on the floor.

Pedophile or not, I believe the child was killed by a parent or caregiver, as much as it pains me to think that but we do have clear cut evidence that both parents can and do, kill their children, regardless of love for them.
It may not be the same kind of love we define as ours but it is possible. Drugs, a psychotic break, a domestic dispute ending in violence etc.

I think it is clearly a parent/carer in the frame.

There is no reason really to think the situation is any more elaborate than a parent who lost their temper and went too far.

To me, the key is the fact that the child's bones have clearly been carefully packed and looked after for many years.

The mystery is not how she died or even why, but who she is and how the treasured suitcase came to be removed from whoever cared for it for such a long time and eventually ended up on the roadside.

We have a family near us. A boy about 5 walked past with a very large black eye. I asked if he was ok. He said mummy is sick, he was doing the food shopping a couple of kilometres away. I didn't dare offer him money, or if I could help, because I feared people would think ill will of me. Its the way of the world.

I let it be, but we have not seen him again. The neighbour said she had seen him going to the shop. But without the black eye.

Far out!
You say "It's the way of the world"????????
What world is that where you don't instantly help a 5 yo child?
What world is that where you hear a neighbour is sick and you don't call on her to see if she needs anything?
Do you choose to live in that world?
I couldn't!

... and, you let a 5yo walk 2kms alone and carry back groceries?
No way would I do that.

But then, I refuse to live in that world.

We have a family near us. A boy about 5 walked past with a very large black eye. I asked if he was ok. He said mummy is sick, he was doing the food shopping a couple of kilometres away. I didn't dare offer him money, or if I could help, because I feared people would think ill will of me. Its the way of the world.

I let it be, but we have not seen him again. The neighbour said she had seen him going to the shop. But without the black eye.

This really sends home that a child can be in trouble in the CBD, and go unnoticed to some degree. They may be noticed more in the country

That would mean the body was wrapped in something, because the entire skeleton is now in a case? In tact?

At the very least I would be calling your local child welfare department (docs etc) so they could visit the family and see if the boy needs help or his mum needs support. You can remain anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the child lives around the corner somewhere. He may live further. But its not the last time he went tot he shop. My greatest concern was he looked barely old enough to cross the busy road on his own behalf, let alone do food shopping.
The other problem is, how would they find him. A man stopping such a young boy in the street is not something I want to leave to peoples presumptions. The unfortunate thing in this day and age, is people think the worst. I couldn't even say, if needs help, come and see me. It could well have been DV from the father, not much different to the one that just set his 3 kids on fire. Mummy is sick, interpreted may mean dad beat the crap out of her. The boy had the worst black eye protruding from his face. Probably a knee protecting mummy. It was sad.

I thought he may have run from home with the facial injuries. I wanted to give him 20 bucks so he could get somewhere. I couldn't see evidence of money.

And my point is, we cant always just presume paedophilia. This could be many other things.

At the very least I would be calling your local child welfare department (docs etc) so they could visit the family and see if the boy needs help or his mum needs support. You can remain anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the child lives around the corner somewhere. He may live further. But its not the last time he went tot he shop. My greatest concern was he looked barely old enough to cross the busy road on his own behalf, let alone do food shopping.
The other problem is, how would they find him. A man stopping such a young boy in the street is not something I want to leave to peoples presumptions. The unfortunate thing in this day and age, is people think the worst. I couldn't even say, if needs help, come and see me. It could well have been DV from the father, not much different to the one that just set his 3 kids on fire. Mummy is sick, interpreted may mean dad beat the crap out of her. The boy had the worst black eye. It was sad.

I would reach out to your local child protection services, and if you see him walking to the store again, I would phone the police and tell them of his destination and keep an eye on him from afar at the very least until the police reach him. It's not okay for us to turn a blind eye to the wrongs of the world out of fear. I totally understand fear of getting involved, what if you are wrong? What will people think if you are wrong? But, more importantly, what if you are right? What if this child just needs one adult to stand up and show the world cares, that they are noticed, and simply not alone?

for some reason ive thought this little angel was beaten and left to die on a bed covered in her clothes, then when the odour of decomp became too much to hide, scooped up and folded into a suitcase, maybe a closed caravan or shed or attic, left and forgotten.
the boys clothes and other rumoured clothes found make me wonder if this was a family situation, maybe the mother left and took the other child. leaving little angel behind?
years later its time to come back and clear rubbish out of the caravan or shed, new tenants etc and easy to just hide it on the side of the road and go back to your life

I would reach out to your local child protection services, and if you see him walking to the store again, I would phone the police and tell them of his destination and keep an eye on him from afar at the very least until the police reach him. It's not okay for us to turn a blind eye to the wrongs of the world out of fear. I totally understand fear of getting involved, what if you are wrong? What will people think if you are wrong? But, more importantly, what if you are right? What if this child just needs one adult to stand up and show the world cares, that they are noticed, and simply not alone?

Yeah, this exactly. I wouldn't go offering a ride and offering money really wouldn't help this child's situation anyway, but get on the phone to the police or docs, that way you are protected, and keep an eye on him until they arrive. Small children should not be wandering the streets alone and with possible evidence of abuse as well, you really shouldn't just let it go.

Its with much regret, that we waited for police last week. We had a bloke walk past dump a needle on the road walking through neighbours gardens.
Then the neighbours house broke into last week. We waited an hour for police for the needle guy with no attendance. The woman who works at the highschool had her hosue broken into. She said needle guy had been walking through the school and they locked down the school gates.
It was not needle man, but the same guys that were going to take my 6 metre ladder, or one of my children standing next tot he 6 metre ladder.
How they were going to get the 6 metre ladder on the ute without a rack and drive was beyond me. I saw him. Same guys I busted breaking into cars along the beach. Same description, different car.
Im not following a boy around on the street. Its great in theory. Im not blaming police. They have priorities. A little more apathetic these days I am.

... and, you let a 5yo walk 2kms alone and carry back groceries?
No way would I do that.

But then, I refuse to live in that world.

Are we related? I refuse to as well. I have gone out of my way to help others in the past, at totally random times and places. Consequences for myself be damned. I refuse not to!

I would have asked the kid a few more questions, then gone over there and said to the mum look, I just saw your son walking to the shop..can I help? Can I at least go to the shop for you? I would not have been judgmental with anything I may have found, and I would have treated them with respect and dignity. She could be too proud to get help, or have no family or friends to rely on, and could be at the end of her tether. The kid shouldn't be walking that far to the shops on his own either. For his own personal security and his own well being. He is 5 yrs old! Poor little man.

I get that males are too scared to approach kids in public, which is sort of understandable given that so many are quick to judge. In that case, find a female to approach with help.

Whatever it took. What I wouldn't do is ignore it. Sometimes a bit of kindness and compassion is all it takes for others.

There is no can't, there is only try.

Its with much regret, that we waited for police last week. We had a bloke walk past dump a needle on the road walking through neighbours gardens.
Then the neighbours house broke into last week. We waited an hour for police for the needle guy with no attendance. The woman who works at the highschool had her hosue broken into. She said needle guy had been walking through the school and they locked down the school gates.
Im not following a boy around on the street. Its great in theory. Im not blaming police. They have priorities. A little more apathetic these days I am.

Sorry to keep going so off topic but I just am struggling with this.

A dumped needle < 5 year old with signs of possible abuse walking long distances to a store

I'm sure the cops would see it that way.

I'm not trying to badger you at all. I totally understand the apprehension of getting involved. But if you waited over an hour for police over a dumped needle, I don't think doing it for a young child is asking much.

ETA: for several years I lived in an abusive family situation before my mother got the courage to leave. There were so many adults, who I could tell wanted to ask but didn't want to cross whatever imaginary boundary they had in their mind. Oh how I wish they had. I'm very fortunate because my mother finally took action, which so often doesn't happen, and I shudder at the thoughts of what our lives would have been like if she hadn't left.

Are we related? I refuse to as well. I have gone out of my way to help others in the past, at totally random times and places. Consequences for myself be damned. I refuse not to!

I would have asked the kid a few more questions, then gone over there and said to the mum look, I just saw your son walking to the shop..can I help? Can I at least go to the shop for you? I would not have been judgmental with anything I may have found, and I would have treated them with respect and dignity. She could be too proud to get help, or have no family or friends to rely on, and could be at the end of her tether. The kid shouldn't be walking that far to the shops on his own either. For his own personal security and his own well being. He is 5 yrs old! Poor little man.

I get that males are too scared to approach kids in public, which is sort of understandable given that so many are quick to judge. In that case, find a female to approach with help.

Whatever it took. What I wouldn't do is ignore it. Sometimes a bit of kindness and compassion is all it takes for others.

There is no can't, there is only try.

We are related by humanity MsDee.
That's just what I would have done.
I'd have asked the child to show me where he lived and asked if I could help mummy.
I'd have gone with him, knocked on the door, introduced myself and offered to go and buy whatever groceries she needed.

Also, if you call police about a possibly endangered child and they fail to respond, I would take to the news outlets, Facebook, Twitter and whatever representatives you have in the area and make a real ruckus. I just hope you truly understand just how important one keen eyed adult can be to a child.

I imagine a lot of children who end up murdered had lots of adults who had thoughts that something could be amiss. And I'm sure there have been adults who thought things were amiss when things were fine. But, like Dr. Phil(my tv husband) says, we cannot take chances with our children! Even if you seem crazy, take the chance. It's worth it!

I truly hope, in the numerous tips the police have been receiving, there is one memory from an adult who remembers this sweet girl. It hurts my heart to think of this sweet soul going nameless.

We don't know if "phone guy" and "suitcase guy" are the same guy. Phone guy might simply have been someone who was trying to get a signal on his phone. As to suitcase guy coming forward - if he'd been selling "hot" merchandise or illegal "knock offs" he might not come forward, fearing that he was going to get in trouble. (Remember the statement by police, something along the lines of coming forward even if you'd done something illegal?)

Oh absolutley, debirlfan. Hence my stress on 'by all accounts'. Who knows at this point if it was the same man, or if those accounts are accurate.

crabstick's story is off topic but it is still very relevant.
It is an indication of why society is falling apart in some places.
The fear of not wanting to get involved seems to have become a greater motivation that the desire to help people.

I have been very distressed by the reports regarding the 2yo who was murdered at Mildura last week, having seen statements in the media that relatives, friends and neighbours all thought the children were in danger and living in atrocious squalor. Many reports were made to child protection services but nothing was done and a child ended up dead despite the concerns.
I really don't understand why these concerned people did not offer personal, practical help to the family.
I guess they though a government agency would do it and they didn't need to.

Thinking about this in relation to the Wynarka murder, I can see that it might be possible that suitcase-man knows the police are asking him to come forward but is scared of getting involved, even if only to explain a perfectly innocent scenario.
We tend to think logically that if he had nothing to do with the child then he would come forward to clear his name and allow the police to focus on other issues. Yet if he is scared of getting involved that may prevent him doing so.

Similarly, if the case was stolen from a shed somewhere and dumped (my preferred theory), maybe the person who took it is just as fearful of getting involved and prefers to stay silent.

Thanks Karo.
It's actually been annoying me since day one that they call it a "quilt" when it is really a patchwork rug.

It's possible that it was a play mat or rug. Usually crib quilts aren't square. But then, usually baby quilts or play mats, or whatever you call them, are made of softer colours and not so much black.

The colours and choice of prints lead me to believe that the little quilt was made for a young child, and not a baby.

Lap quilts can be square but so can many quilts, depends what you have on hand perhaps, also, experienced may not mean talented.
It's possible that it was a play mat or rug. Usually crib quilts aren't square. But then, usually baby quilts or play mats, or whatever you call them, are made of softer colours and not so much black.

The colours and choice of prints lead me to believe that the little quilt was made for a young child, and not a baby.

for some reason ive thought this little angel was beaten and left to die on a bed covered in her clothes, then when the odour of decomp became too much to hide, scooped up and folded into a suitcase, maybe a closed caravan or shed or attic, left and forgotten.
the boys clothes and other rumoured clothes found make me wonder if this was a family situation, maybe the mother left and took the other child. leaving little angel behind?
years later its time to come back and clear rubbish out of the caravan or shed, new tenants etc and easy to just hide it on the side of the road and go back to your life

I wish there was a non traumatizing way to appeal to young school aged children, as I do think it's very likely there are siblings based on what was with the suitcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member