AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that one little word "Most" is interesting .... if that is true then it conjures up an image of her remains having to be rushed up quickly at some point to be placed in the suitcase with her clothing.... a sense of urgency.... so could that mean some sudden unexpected reason to remove/hide her remains.

I'd been working on a theory of some planned upcoming event requiring the remains to be hidden .... but if the "Most" is true then I am rethinking to a sense of complete urgency...some extreme change in circumstance surrounding the individuals home and possible threat of angels remains being found.

It's also very interesting because decomposition occurs very quickly...

paraphrase:
I have not come across anything about how long in the suitcase. Just that she could have died after 2007 based on the clothing found with her, and as recently as last year is possiblity.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...503314684?sv=4e6b36b918befbd4e548cd904e4e4ce4

Thank you. I can't access the newspaper (paywall).
So 2007 is the cut off time then, not before that.
But due to the state of the remains her death could have been only a year ago.
That must narrow it down considerably for LE, I wonder if they work back from a year ago or forward from 2007?

It is surprising to me how vague the police statements are and how open to interpretation.

Yes, it's very annoying isn't it!

But police are famously 'dealing in fact,' and are deliberately leaving out all the things that we tend to put in as inferences. Those would be open to even more interpretation!

We're frustrated that there are so many pieces of the jigsaw still missing and that all we're hearing from police is what sounds to us like a very stilted refrain.

But it's all a matter of perception.

There's clearly a lot of information being held by police in this case - as there is in most - which, as mentioned, may be part of a strategy to elicit a response from people who might be involved or know something.

A public message that we see as vague and open to interpretation will, let's hope, have concrete meaning to the criminals in the know.

The way I have understood it is that the police believe she has died in or after 2007, but it could have been as recently as a year ago.
So if she died in 2007 she would now be about 10 to 12 years.
If she died last year she would now be about 3 to 5 years.
Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

If all of the clothing dates from 2007 or thereabouts, I suspect that her death goes back to 2007-2008. Even if the clothes were second-hand, it seems unlikely that there wouldn't be something (even underwear) newer if it was a more recent death.

Who's been ruled out? I can't find a list of rule-outs anywhere.

Inspector Huchins was asked at the press conference last week if he could tell us about which of the children among those they've been checking against - if that's what you're referring to - have been ruled out, and he said 'no' and quickly moved the journalists on to the next question. It doesn't look like it's information they're going to divulge.

If all of the clothing dates from 2007 or thereabouts, I suspect that her death goes back to 2007-2008. Even if the clothes were second-hand, it seems unlikely that there wouldn't be something (even underwear) newer if it was a more recent death.

That definitely makes sense.

I did have a thought that perhaps she was placed among a pile of old clothing being stored somewhere - rather than putting her with her new clothes and spoiling what would be items of sentimental value to a mother or relative - but that's pure speculation.

Fact is, as you say, we are missing more recently-produced items, which would put the estimate squarely around 2007-08.

Re Suitcase man as possible salesman:

Surely a salesman would be keen to interact with the people he had taken the trouble to seek out at such a distance from any large town.

By all accounts, this man was avoiding eye contact, walking down a highway where there were no pedestrians, and talking on a mobile phone. He doesn't seem to have had much interest in the people of Wynarka.

And if he had spoken to anyone from the town in order to try and sell them something, this would have been mentioned long ago and dealt with accordingly.

Re Suitcase man as possible salesman:

Surely a salesman would be keen to interact with the people he had taken the trouble to seek out at such a distance from any large town.

By all accounts, this man was avoiding eye contact, walking down a highway where there were no pedestrians, and talking on a mobile phone. He doesn't seem to have had much interest in the people of Wynarka.

And if he had spoken to anyone from the town in order to try and sell them something, this would have been mentioned long ago and dealt with accordingly.

We don't know if "phone guy" and "suitcase guy" are the same guy. Phone guy might simply have been someone who was trying to get a signal on his phone. As to suitcase guy coming forward - if he'd been selling "hot" merchandise or illegal "knock offs" he might not come forward, fearing that he was going to get in trouble. (Remember the statement by police, something along the lines of coming forward even if you'd done something illegal?)

So how do you get a partially decomposed body into a suitcase? So the decomposition started in the quilt? Or the body was initially in the quilt?
The quilt must then have quite a bit of DNA evidence in it?
Was someone onto Mr Suitcase baby book seller which persuaded him to shift the body? Is Mr Suitcase dead? He possibly walked back into the bush?

Was Mr Suitcase buying online, then selling his wares to country people on the road. He may have been a wholesaler from Melbourne, or Adelaide?

Suitcase man left the suitcase beside the road, a person has pulled the body from the car, placed it in the suitcase they discovered beside the road, in the quilt?

Someone must know a girl that has not been seen for some time now, that needed something, medical attention. Maybe she was sick, and they killed her?

Perth has just had a father set his children on fire. This is the violence building in this Australia.

Unfortunately, there appears to be less people that care about lost children these days. Some people have stopped listening to the media.

Yeah that one little word "Most" is interesting .... if that is true then it conjures up an image of her remains having to be rushed up quickly at some point to be placed in the suitcase with her clothing.... a sense of urgency.... so could that mean some sudden unexpected reason to remove/hide her remains.

I'd been working on a theory of some planned upcoming event requiring the remains to be hidden .... but if the "Most" is true then I am rethinking to a sense of complete urgency...some extreme change in circumstance surrounding the individuals home and possible threat of angels remains being found.

I've worked with fabrics all my adult life. What I see in the condition of the quilt is damage to cellulose fibre caused by humidity rot. I'll do my best to explain:

Cotton is around 90% cellulose and cellulose is hydrophilic - basically it loves water and absorbs moisture, unlike synthetic fibres that have a 'wicking' effect when worn (this is why synthetic fibres are best for ski and sportswear, as they do not stay wet/hold moisture).
What I'm seeing in the state of the quilt are cotton fibres that absorbed moisture/liquids from the body and then were placed in a humid, completely unventilated place such as a plastic bin bag. With no evaporation the cellulose (cotton) fibres rotted and the synthetic fibres such as the polyester hollow fibre batting, remained largely as they were. I think this is why the pumpkin octagon remains this way, because it contains no cellulose - if you look closely the weave is a dense twill that is different to the rest of the identifiable patterned parts of the quilt. (Even if cotton, this kind of weave would take longer to break down than the normal weave of cotton quilting fabric). The polyester thread is very strong and has not broken down. (IMO, a quilter who took pride in their work would not have used polyester, but would have used cotton thread. This is because polyester thread actually micro-damages the cotton fibres - when stitching cotton fabric use cotton thread, when stitching synthetic fabric use synthetic thread. This is a budget amateur quilt, IMO)

If you look at the clothing too, you can see how the garments were scrunched up or folded when stored - the rotting cellulose from the cotton has gathered in the creases/folds of the non-cellulose (synthetic) garments - see the centre back of the pink coat. This, to me, is not the pink coat rotting, but rot from a cotton item - this could be from the quilt, or the very badly rotted cotton 'smile' tee shirt.
The items that I would identify as cotton from images I've seen are: black smile tee shirt, top part of tutu dress (mixed in with elastase/Lycra, hence it's holding together somewhat), and the quilt. The shorts are, IMO, synthetic, as are the pink joggers that I think are a heavyweight interlock polyester.

In brief, I think that the near total disintegration of the cotton parts of the quilt are because the body was stored with it, in a sealed humid place, somewhere like in plastic a hot loft, or in a stored caravan - the body fluids, humidity and lack of evaporation would cause the rot of the cotton fibres. The other clothing, if not actually in contact with the body, would have been stored similarly, with moisture, humidity and lack of evaporation being a factor, though I do not believe that the clothing or body were stored in water.

No links. All this is my own opinion, based on my viewing of the images of the quilt and clothing that are in the public domain, and my decades of experience with fabrics and fibres.

Sorry for the ramble.

In brief, I think that the near total disintegration of the cotton parts of the quilt are because the body was stored with it, in a sealed humid place, somewhere like in plastic a hot loft, or in a stored caravan - the body fluids, humidity and lack of evaporation would cause the rot of the cotton fibres. The other clothing, if not actually in contact with the body, would have been stored similarly, with moisture, humidity and lack of evaporation being a factor, though I do not believe that the clothing or body were stored in water.

Some time back (possibly the last post?) there was a newspaper article where the author had suggested that the body had been left in the attic atop a pile of clothing, as I recall. We all pretty much took that as speculation - but it would fit with the above scenario...

Some time back (possibly the last post?) there was a newspaper article where the author had suggested that the body had been left in the attic atop a pile of clothing, as I recall. We all pretty much took that as speculation - but it would fit with the above scenario...

Oh sorry - I am actually so far behind with this case right now. I need to go right back and read up.

Oh sorry - I am actually so far behind with this case right now. I need to go right back and read up.

Nothing to be sorry about - just wondering if the author may have had some inside information.

This is a budget amateur quilt, IMO)

Which means a *lot* of time and energy and persistence was put into it. Doing something you aren't practiced at, don't have the information about how to do right, don't have the right equipment for is hard work.

That is a strong possibility but there are quilters who just do it for love or even to fill in time, so, imo, it could be an experienced quilter/sewer but not one who is very selective about threads or matching fabrics, as to me it looks like none of the fabrics were a real "collection" so to speak.
I generally use the correct threads for each fabric when I do sew but often if sewing a bigger item, I use whatever I have on hand.
I don't think the quilt was quilted as such, possibly stitched in the ditch but certainly not an all over quilting design. That says more about the person who made it, perhaps patchwork was the thing and not the actual quilting.

To be clear, patchwork is the method used to make the front of the quilt, known as a quilt top, then when the layers are placed together, it is quilted. (stitched through all 3 layers)

That is a strong possibility but there are quilters who just do it for love or even to fill in time, so, imo, it could be an experienced quilter/sewer but not one who is very selective about threads or matching fabrics, as to me it looks like none of the fabrics were a real "collection" so to speak.
I generally use the correct threads for each fabric when I do sew but often if sewing a bigger item, I use whatever I have on hand.
I don't think the quilt was quilted as such, possibly stitched in the ditch but certainly not an all over quilting design. That says more about the person who made it, perhaps patchwork was the thing and not the actual quilting.

To be clear, patchwork is the method used to make the front of the quilt, known as a quilt top, then when the layers are placed together, it is quilted. (stitched through all 3 layers)

Thanks Karo.
It's actually been annoying me since day one that they call it a "quilt" when it is really a patchwork rug.

Anywhere you leave a decomposing body, stashed say in a caravan, is going to render that caravan useless. It takes an enormous amount effort to get a place like that free of the emanation of bodily decomposition

Someone may have shifted the body out into the open because the smell was too much. If the quilt wasnt bought at a charity shop, the mother had time on her hands so she started doing something with it.

Maybe the mother is held captive and made a quilt to pass the time using material from caravan curtains, table cloth etc? Was it machined sewed?

It looks like the child used it as a Du ve, or dooner etc. It was her sleeping cover. Had the child become too old for the paedophile to cover for without education? The child would give the game away. Children start to tell stories at an age. They can communicate.

By the time the child is 4, unless Angel was hidden. Authorities would be asking why she isn't attending school. At 4, the child will give the game away.

I have always assumed the body was buried, decomposed in the ground, and was later dug up.
I am curious to know what reason others have for assuming the body decomposed above ground?

We have a family near us. A boy about 5 walked past with a very large black eye. I asked if he was ok. He said mummy is sick, he was doing the food shopping a couple of kilometres away. I didn't dare offer him money, or if I could help, because I feared people would think ill will of me. Its the way of the world.

I let it be, but we have not seen him again. The neighbour said she had seen him going to the shop. But without the black eye.

This really sends home that a child can be in trouble in the CBD, and go unnoticed to some degree. They may be noticed more in the country

I have always assumed the body was buried, decomposed in the ground, and was later dug up.
I am curious to know what reason others have for assuming the body decomposed above ground?

That would mean the body was wrapped in something, because the entire skeleton is now in a case? In tact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim