AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that the quilt kind of set around her body. If she was wrapped in it right after death and decomposed in it, it was soaked in a bunch of different chemicals and was probably quite stiff and stuck. Then after being dumped in the scrub it was moved a few times and got wet and that could have loosened it up. Most of the people who came across the stuff probably just had a quick look because it looked pretty revolting.

I think the synthetic fabrics have fared better than the natural ones. That is why the boxer shorts and pumpkin quilt patch look so well preserved compared to the cotton fabrics in the quilt.
It looks to me that the quilt was folded, I wonder if it was folded to fit the suitcase or had been folded before.

Can't reply with quote.

I have noticed, mostly all of the clothes are looking like they have been folded in the middle. There is always less dirt in the middle than on both outer sides when we look onto the spreaded garment.

And if that was the case surely the Police would have identified that. (I mean about autopsy)

Can't reply with quote.

I have noticed, mostly all of the clothes are looking like they have been folded in the middle. There is always less dirt in the middle than on both outer sides when we look onto the spreaded garment.

Yes, you're right, some definitely look like they were folded. Makes me wonder if the clothes were originally stashed with the body to make an older sibling believe the child had gone away, maybe to live with a bio mum/dad or something like that. So they wouldn't question why X had gone away without any of her stuff.

Has the idea that Angel has been exhumed from a grave been discussed? If she had been legally pronounced dead and given a funeral, she wouldn't be missing as such.

I thought this for a while but embalming fluid and possible signs of an autopsy would rule that out.

Paraphrased from Women's Weekly article.
14 July - 2 local boys and a girl were driving along the highway when they noticed 5 meters from the bitumen what appeared to be a large suitcase.
Stopped had a look - found nothing of interest. On returning from their destination they stopped for another look.
A piece of cloth was lifted by one of the boys when he was poking around with a stick. He saw a small but too human jaw bone, it took his breath away.

So did these young locals pull over on the 14th and maybe their destination involved an over night stay.
On the return trip found Angel and contacted the police. Or did they delay contacting police for reasons of their own?

I really cannot help but wonder if Angel was wrapped in the quilt and it was the poking with the stick that exposed her.
I remember earlier on Supt Bray in one of the interviews, mentioning the person that found Angel was poking around with a stick.

ww.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/new-witness-comes-forward-in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-sui

Paraphrased from Women's Weekly article.
14 July - 2 local boys and a girl were driving along the highway when they noticed 5 meters from the bitumen what appeared to be a large suitcase.
Stopped had a look - found nothing of interest. On returning from their destination they stopped for another look.
A piece of cloth was lifted by one of the boys when he was poking around with a stick. He saw a small but too human jaw bone, it took his breath away.

So did these young locals pull over on the 14th and maybe their destination involved an over night stay.
On the return trip found Angel and contacted the police. Or did they delay contacting police for reasons of their own?

I really cannot help but wonder if Angel was wrapped in the quilt and it was the poking with the stick that exposed her.
I remember earlier on Supt Bray in one of the interviews, mentioning the person that found Angel was poking around with a stick.

ww.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/new-witness-comes-forward-in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-sui

I really think that was what happened ... these teenagers stopped the night before and had a poke around (Stayed overnight somewhere) and then on their way back for some reason the young bloke decided to poke around a bit more... maybe something caught his eye the night before BUT he wasn't sure..

There was a lot of speculation earlier on in the case with people asking what could motivate someone to come across the suitcase remains and wait a whole day to report it ....

What Your suggesting seems IMO to be the most logical explanation ... and IMO if they had anything to do with the suitcase being there in the first place, they wouldn't report it at all I wouldn't think ....so No IMO they had no reason to delay contacting the police.

I think he/she was replying to the question that was asked about somebody disinterring a legally buried body.

edited to add - Gah, keep forgetting to quote. I was replying to Jane.

Really can't see the point in exhuming the body ?

I'm not saying it's a perfectly rational thing to do. But I can imagine to a disturbed mind refusing to let go or perhaps be distanced from the remains.

As for embalming or even autopsy I think that may depend on the situation.

It's just a thought.

I'm not saying it's a perfectly rational thing to do. But I can imagine to a disturbed mind refusing to let go or perhaps be distanced from the remains.

As for embalming or even autopsy I think that may depend on the situation.

It's just a thought.

The only thing is, the police seem absolutely certain the child was brutally murdered. I don't think it would be possible for a brutally murdered child to be buried without a full autopsy, or for the medical examiners in this case to miss the signs of an autopsy.

Yes I am willing to concede that there may possibly be some Geo Cachers who may be "Meth" heads .... suppose I never really saw engaging in "Treasure Hunt" activity to be of any interest to them though.... well least not as a registered official Geocacher anyways.

I and quite a few others here have mentioned we actually do Geo Caching and it is...... well in my minds eye - more of a family type activity. You have to use your GPS or Phone to actually find what another GeoCachers has registered as a find... As far as the item from these caches being used (scavenged) to buy drugs ..... the usual things inside these hidden caches are silly little things like rubbers, keychains, toy cars etc .... a pencil and a note pad.... so really of no value at all.

Yes the SS Holden shorts are of particular interest .... especially as they don't quite seem to fit in with all the other lovely (once) pretty girlie items...

This had me concerned that maybe a little boy is also associated with this girl ???

I agree about the geo caching having nothing to do with this. I was surprised when we started caching just how many I past everyday, totally unaware of their existence!

MOO!!

I have noticed a bit of a pattern with the quilt. Some fabrics are used twice in the same row. If this is a pattern for the whole quilt it will make it much easier to reconstruct. It looks like the dragonfly patches are in the spaces above the star patches.

I have noticed a bit of a pattern with the quilt. Some fabrics are used twice in the same row. If this is a pattern for the whole quilt it will make it much easier to reconstruct. It looks like the dragonfly patches are in the spaces above the star patches.

Oona, I think it has already been said that the stars were used as backing for the whole quilt? Hence why they appear more. I may be wrong though.

Also, it may be that the areas you have pointed out have been folded on themselves, so a certain amount of transfer, as in the red colour, may have happened.

It's such a pity the quilt is not in a better condition. I wonder what the other side of it looks like?

Directly below the star section on the right, is that a May Gibbs print? With what looks kind of like zebra stripes being gum leaves?

Oona, I think it has already been said that the stars were used as backing for the whole quilt? Hence why they appear more. I may be wrong though.

Also, it may be that the areas you have pointed out have been folded on themselves, so a certain amount of transfer, as in the red colour, may have happened.

It's such a pity the quilt is not in a better condition. I wonder what the other side of it looks like?

Weren't the musical notes used as backing and patches machine stitched on?

Thank You Miss Dee. I must have missed that. I can see that now. Though I still think the "turtle-like" patches look too intact to be a transfer.
SAPOL did use one star patch in their flyer:

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...-investigators-hundreds-of-names#.Vd8Jx5eYQS8

I notice they have updated the camel patch on the flier.... I also concur that they do look like turtles; the reddish coloured patches may have been autumn leaves or something autumn-y.... Someone mentioned a patch that looked like Big Ears from Noddy, I was thinking maybe it was meant to be Santa Claus (perhaps the patches are seasonal as well?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState