AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially based my "stolen from a shed" theory on the numerous reported shed thefts in the Murray Mallee and the warnings from police at the beginning of the year to lock out-buildings securely due to the sharp rise in this criminal activity.
I have a strong reason to believe the police consider this the most likely explanation too, and hence why they refer to people peripheral to the crime and to criminals to come forward.

Yes, very reasonable, and it may well turn out to be the explanation.

But again, until that point, it's adding two and two together and getting five. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that those thefts are linked to this case. Unless a suitcase was know to have been stolen from one of these sheds, then we're simply conflating two entirely unconnected cases in our minds.

Again, I'm not saying your theory is wrong. Only that it's the same as saying "A man was seen carrying a suitcase in Wynarka, therefore he must have been the person responsible for the particular suitcase that we're interested in".

There must be a lot of people who have no wish to get involved with a police investigation for any number of reasons.
Maybe, just maybe, someone who has outstanding warrants or is well known to be part of the criminal fraternity could have suspicions about another or have heard talk, but are scared to give information.
Whoever did this terrible thing to a child is not a nice person. Fear of retaliation from this person or their 'friends' might be very real to them.
If this is the case I only hope they find some sort of conscience and attempt to help the police.

Would the offer of a "reward" for useful information help do you think?

Yes, lots of good reasons why people are reticent in coming forward.

A reward is not going to work with a pedophile ring or anything like that, as protecting identities is the overriding factor there. Often "important" people in the community are involved and they are going to go to the ends of the earth to keep things quiet.

If it's a family situation, then maybe...

Personally I have a horrible feeling that no-one is going to come forward. Whoever is involved in this is very nasty, as you say. If people were going to come forward, they've had long enough to think about it and would have done so already.

Thank goodness for forensic technology because without that I don't see where this case is going.

Yes, very reasonable, and it may well turn out to be the explanation.

But again, until that point, it's adding two and two together and getting five. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that those thefts are linked to this case. Unless a suitcase was know to have been stolen from one of these sheds, then we're simply conflating two entirely unconnected cases in our minds.

Again, I'm not saying your theory is wrong. Only that it's the same as saying "A man was seen carrying a suitcase in Wynarka, therefore he must have been the person responsible for the particular suitcase that we're interested in".

Feel free to state your own opinion but don't personalise by trying to tell others what to think, do or say.

But if someone stole the case & don't want to make themselves known to the police for whatever reasons, they could call the police from a public phone anonymously or get a friend to call them or even send the police a note through the post anonymously with the address of where they stole it from.
Surely even a thief, drug dealer etc wouldn't want a child murderer to get away it!

Yes, so many options. Or go through a lawyer.

Personally I have trouble with the idea that someone would steal a suitcase without first examining the contents. Even if a person opened up the case and only saw clothes, because the bones were so small, they would have seen that the clothes were stained and in very bad shape, and were not useable or re-sellable. We can see blood and other stains on them that clearly pre-date the time the suitcase was put by the roadside. So I find that theory a bit unlikely.

Feel free to state your own opinion but don't personalise by trying to tell others what to think, do or say.
Yes, thanks for that reminder Makara. I'm sorry if I came across like that.

I'm just curious as to why the suggestion of suitcase man being involved is being treated with so much caution, whereas other ideas are being presented as fact, as in, "the thief" - as though there definitely is a thief involved.

Maybe I'm getting too concerned with semantics...

..thanks again for the reminder.

I initially based my "stolen from a shed" theory on the numerous reported shed thefts in the Murray Mallee and the warnings from police at the beginning of the year to lock out-buildings securely due to the sharp rise in this criminal activity.
I have a strong reason to believe the police consider this the most likely explanation too, and hence why they refer to people peripheral to the crime and to criminals to come forward.

I think this is a good theory. Do you have a theory on what happened prior to the shed theft? The police have said the skeleton/clothes were not in the suitcase all along. Any ideas on what prompted someone to gather those items and put them in the suitcase?

I think this is a good theory. Do you have a theory on what happened prior to the shed theft? The police have said the skeleton/clothes were not in the suitcase all along. Any ideas on what prompted someone to gather those items and put them in the suitcase?

Our little Wynarka Angel may have been murdered and her remains been secluded in a shearing, machinery or cannery shed and later discovered. Little Nikki Frances was hidden in a suburban home's roof. What if our Wynarka Angel was left in a roof cavity where nobody frequented unless it was shearing season for example

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...-in-roof-of-mildura-home-20150826-gj8ca0.html

Our little Wynarka Angel may have been murdered and her remains been secluded in a shearing, machinery or cannery shed and later discovered. Little Nikki Frances was hidden in a suburban home's roof. What if our Wynarka Angel was left in a roof cavity where nobody frequented unless it was shearing season for example

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...-in-roof-of-mildura-home-20150826-gj8ca0.html
Unfortunately it probably is the most likely scenario, it is just how she got to the highway, who moved her and ultimately who she is that we would all like to be able to work out. There is still the possibility of the mother escaping a violent controlling relationship, and the father placing the remains there in retaliation. I just feel there are or were other children in this family. To put the suitcase to be found could be the mother (leaving town), or an older brother if not the father in retaliation. If a child went missing from a family who had already been checked on by authorities, it wouldn't be too hard for your family to believe they had taken a child away because of the violence/abuse? Maybe the other child/children were already in care. I don't like to include men with suitcases, or other sightings of randoms on the highway in any of my possible scenarios. Unless the police actually state he is involved.

I asked a few people about this and all the women said they would call the police immediately and all the men said they wouldn't want to get involved.

So it's possible that a male found the case, didn't want to get involved and left it where it could be found.

Our Wynarka Angel was a victim of a dysfunctional environment, pedophiles or a farm accident.

Either way she was killed and hidden by whom?

Also I can see many healthy farm children birthed at home, breast fed and never need a doctor for years. That Aussie attitude "if it's not broke, don't fix" or "she'll be right mate".

A new digital billboard is being placed in Adelaide Railway Station to highlight unsolved homicide cases to the 40,000 commuters a day who will pass by it daily.

Commissioner for Victims' Rights, Michael O'Connell said, "Unless these homicides are solved, the victims' families are destined to have the rest of their lives shaped by the crimes perpetrated on their loved ones.

"The path laid out by the killers' acts is painful and ongoing; however, that burden could be eased if the killers are identified and successfully prosecuted. Often the crimes destroy victims' families faith in other people. I urge anyone with information to help the police to do so."

The billboard, which has been jointly funded by SA Police and the Commissioner for Victims' Rights, will feature information about 114 unsolved homicides in South Australia – some of which date back as far as 1966 - as well as more recent cases.

It will display an automatic slide show with a photograph and details of each case. Police hope that passers-by will recall long forgotten details, as they see a victim on the screen.

Any detail or item of information could be the missing piece to the puzzle, no matter how insignificant it may seem. All information will be reviewed by a detective, because sometimes all it takes is a simple phone call or email to help solve a crime.

There are significant rewards attached to helping solve these crimes, ranging from $200,000 up to $1 million.

The South Australia Police and Commissioner for Victims' Rights today also announced the release of a pamphlet 'Unsolved homicides' that has been produced to help families and friends of victims of such crimes.

The first presentation will run for one week, and will focus on homicides in which the victim was a child, including:

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...oard-to-highlight-unsolved-cases#.Vd4ze31LOY4

I was reading a different thread and saw something about "what happened" and "what didn't happen". Thinking about potential leads:

Little Angel didn't play soccer at the age of 5
Didn't start school with her peers
Didn't go to church past age 4 or 5
Didn't see her extended family for the holidays

Or our little Angel could have been murdered and hidden in exactly the same manner as little Nikki and only later when the family needed to move they have retrieved the remains...

I think this is truly going to come down to controlling male/violent domestic abuse - Heavy Drug involvement ....

And for reasons I can't link - I believe the two cases in a round about way could be linked.

Details have been passed onto crimestoppers

I feel some people are on the verge of loosing it.

Hi pug gel, when you say two cases , which two do you mean ?

But if someone stole the case & don't want to make themselves known to the police for whatever reasons, they could call the police from a public phone anonymously or get a friend to call them or even send the police a note through the post anonymously with the address of where they stole it from.
Surely even a thief, drug dealer etc wouldn't want a child murderer to get away it!

It would be nice to think that.

But what if the thief knew exactly what was in the case and stole it for a specific reason.

My best guess is something related to the big drug busts in the area earlier this year.
I am wondering if the case was taken to ensure the owner kept quiet about something.

Then, when the danger had passed, the thief left it for collection on the roadside.

Maybe the collection details were not clear and the sightings of "suitcase-man" were the person trying to find and retrieve the case, carrying a new case to put the old one into.

Thanks puggle, I can see what you mean definately. Child killed in home , random pieces of clothing shoved in to suitcase with the body , kept somewhere in the home. What happens after is the mystery ???

I do have a theory actually CSI.
I believe the child died in a domestic violence incident and we have a dangerously controlling father and terrified mother living somewhere quite remote from other people.

I think after the child was killed they buried her somewhere and the mother stored her clothes in the small case, probably along with some toys, although the police have not said that.
This fits with what we do know - that the items were originally packed into the case very neatly folded.

At some point, well after the body had decomposed, it became either necessary or desirable to move her remains. Perhaps the area was to be tilled and sown, or perhaps she was buried in what had been a quiet area but was now more exposed due to some activity. Perhaps they were moving and the mother couldn't bear to leave the remains behind.

So I believe the bones were recovered and packed into the bag with the precious items.
It could be something the mother has done in secret. A way of keeping her child close perhaps.

Again, this fits with the facts the police have released, that the body did not decompose with the clothing but that the bones were packed into the case later.

For me, the most absurd thing about this case is to think that someone intentionally left the suitcase containing the remains and clothing on the roadside.
I know we can surmise that it was do by a mentally unbalanced person, but that just doesn't fit in with the other things we know.

Bearing in mind that somebody has kept the remains and the clothes somewhere in a zippered suitcase for several years I think we have to assume they were treasured.

If a person really wanted to dispose of them, they have had years to do that. Clothes can be burnt without anyone knowing. Bones that small can be easily scattered anywhere.

I really don't think the person who was keeping these clothes and bones together wanted them disposed of.
Therefore, I can only conclude that they have been taken/stolen.

I said further up that packing the bones into the case could be something the mother has done in secret.
If so, perhaps the father knew nothing of the bones.

What if one day, in a fit of rage, he took the precious suitcase from her and dumped it?
What if he didn't realise at that time that the mother had placed the tiny bones in the case?

What if, once he found out what she had done and that the bones were inside the case, he wanted to recover it, but couldn't find the exact location, so he searched for it over a period of days?

As I say, I am just trying to find a scenario that fits the facts we know.
It is such a bizarre case that it will probably have a very banal solution like the one I am suggesting.

Or our little Angel could have been murdered and hidden in exactly the same manner as little Nikki and only later when the family needed to move they have retrieved the remains...

I think this is truly going to come down to controlling male/violent domestic abuse - Heavy Drug involvement ....

And for reasons I can't link - I believe the two cases in a round about way could be linked.

Details have been passed onto crimestoppers

I feel some people are on the verge of loosing it.

Yep, I also feel this crime is linked to drug involvement (production rather than personal use) and a severely controlling male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member