AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that the quilt kind of set around her body. If she was wrapped in it right after death and decomposed in it, it was soaked in a bunch of different chemicals and was probably quite stiff and stuck. Then after being dumped in the scrub it was moved a few times and got wet and that could have loosened it up. Most of the people who came across the stuff probably just had a quick look because it looked pretty revolting.

I guess it's not possible she died trapped in the suitcase?

If you didn't want the case found, why would you leave a case mid a geo-caching area? Its obviously a high traffic slip road. There is tracks everywhere.

Has anything been said about the case being opened prior the latest discovery? Have others seen the remains and scattered, concerned about police questioning?

I agree about the geo caching having nothing to do with this. I was surprised when we started caching just how many I past everyday, totally unaware of their existence!

MOO!!

The police have said she was fully decomposed before being put in the case. They kept her and the clothes somewhere else before they put everything in the case and dumped it.

Police believe that most of the decomposition took place outside of the suitcase, in another location.
This article indicates partial decomposition before being place in the suitcase.
I have not yet found link for fully decomposed, still looking.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...who-may-have-died-some-time-ago-10415806.html

Ha, the women's Weekly misconstruing something - never! However, the one thing that has made me think from the start that the body was all in one piece was the state of the quilt and tutu vs the other clothing. the quilt and tutu are severely degraded, much more so than the rest of the clothing from the case. There is barely any fabric left on the front of the quilt. I think she was rolled up in the quilt when she died and it all became kind of stiff and stuck and it was only after being repeatedly moved that the quilt came away enough that somebody was able to see part of her skull. I don't know, that was just my impression.

That was my first thought, but judging from the photos, it appears the quilt was initially folded (in half, at least) - and comments from the police about the clothes pictured being the recognizable ones makes me think that there were other items that were more badly damaged. Maybe the quilt was folded, and she was placed on top of it?

If the statements that she was placed in the suitcase after decom are correct, I suspect she may initially have been in a trunk (heavy/difficult to move) or a cardboard box (too fragile) or the like, and that's why she was transferred to the suitcase.

I am really struggling to understand how numerous people poked through the suitcase but saw nothing.

My personal thought is that her skull was crushed - probably most other bones could be mistaken for animal bones. Given the comments about a horrible death, I wonder if there's a way to tell if bones are broken before or after death?

What Your suggesting seems IMO to be the most logical explanation ... and IMO if they had anything to do with the suitcase being there in the first place, they wouldn't report it at all I wouldn't think ....so No IMO they had no reason to delay contacting the police.

Or, there could have been debate among them as to whether it was actually a human bone. They might even have gone on the net and looked up pictures to compare to what they'd seen. Or maybe they'd been doing something they weren't supposed to be doing (drinking?) and were leery of contacting police. Could be a lot of reasons, especially for young people.

My personal thought is that her skull was crushed - probably most other bones could be mistaken for animal bones. Given the comments about a horrible death, I wonder if there's a way to tell if bones are broken before or after death?

Breaks before or very soon after death look very different to breaks that occur later. They should be able to tell.

Or, there could have been debate among them as to whether it was actually a human bone. They might even have gone on the net and looked up pictures to compare to what they'd seen. Or maybe they'd been doing something they weren't supposed to be doing (drinking?) and were leery of contacting police. Could be a lot of reasons, especially for young people.

Yeah, they might have thought they were over the limit or something so waited until the next day.

Not everyone knows about geocashing so to those people they wouldn't care if they dumped something there...

Paraphrased from Women's Weekly article.
14 July - 2 local boys and a girl were driving along the highway when they noticed 5 meters from the bitumen what appeared to be a large suitcase.
Stopped had a look - found nothing of interest. On returning from their destination they stopped for another look.
A piece of cloth was lifted by one of the boys when he was poking around with a stick. He saw a small but too human jaw bone, it took his breath away.

ww.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/new-witness-comes-forward-in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-sui

Police believe that most of the decomposition took place outside of the suitcase, in another location.
This article indicates partial decomposition before being place in the suitcase.
I have not yet found link for fully decomposed, still looking.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...who-may-have-died-some-time-ago-10415806.html

I'm sorry if I'm spreading around misinformation. I think I got the impression from a couple of early interviews where the detective said the interval between her death and discovery was years but the interval between being put in the suitcase and discovery was weeks or months.

Paraphrased from Women's Weekly article.
14 July - 2 local boys and a girl were driving along the highway when they noticed 5 meters from the bitumen what appeared to be a large suitcase.
Stopped had a look - found nothing of interest. On returning from their destination they stopped for another look.
A piece of cloth was lifted by one of the boys when he was poking around with a stick. He saw a small but too human jaw bone, it took his breath away.

ww.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/new-witness-comes-forward-in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-sui

Yeah, but wouldn't your reaction be "Nah, that can't be human. It must be some sort of animal." Because who finds a human child's jawbone laying beside the road? And maybe you'd go home and google photos of kangaroo skeletons or anything else that it maybe might be before convincing yourself that it really is human.

And in a single, powerful statement, Supt Bray also dispelled any doubts about the child’s cause of death.
“It is terribly clear that the child died a violent death under terrible circumstances ... everything about this case is tragic,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

BBM. Des Bray's statement that Angel died a violent death under terrible circumstances has always intrigued me. Yes, I can understand how it could be ascertained that she died a violent death but how would they know under what circumstances? The first thing that came to mind was that her body was burned but that doesn't seem to be the case. So what terrible circumstances could Des Bray be referring to and how was that ascertained so quickly?

BBM.

And in a single, powerful statement, Supt Bray also dispelled any doubts about the child’s cause of death.
“It is terribly clear that the child died a violent death under terrible circumstances ... everything about this case is tragic,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-met-violent-end/story-fni6uo1m-1227446040185

BBM. Des Bray's statement that Angel died a violent death under terrible circumstances has always intrigued me. Yes, I can understand how it could be ascertained that she died a violent death but how would they know under what circumstances? The first thing that came to mind was that her body was burned but that doesn't seem to be the case. So what terrible circumstances could Des Bray be referring to and how was that ascertained so quickly?

BBM.

Difficult to understand this (for me anyway). Often bodies are discovered and after intense examination it is impossible to positively say the cause of death.
Would this be an emotional response because of her age?
Do LE put personal interpretations on cause of death?

At a guess? Crushed skull and/or dismemberment. That combined with how she was found would certainly qualify as "violent death under terrible circumstances" - and would explain why passerbys poking at the suitcase didn't immediately spot the remains.

Yeah, but wouldn't your reaction be "Nah, that can't be human. It must be some sort of animal." Because who finds a human child's jawbone laying beside the road? And maybe you'd go home and google photos of kangaroo skeletons or anything else that it maybe might be before convincing yourself that it really is human.

debirfan - I do not know what I would do honestly, but thinking about it if I ever did find my self in the situation and I hope I never do ... the children's clothes shrew around the ground would probably send my hinky meter off. I do not think a kangaroo or any animal would be my first thought.

I suppose just the way she was found in a suitcase, shoved in like discarded rubbish, left on the side of the road, could have easily led to an assumption of "terrible circumstances." Not to mention the damage to her bones. It certainly couldn't be described as anything else.

But it does make you wonder if they had some clear ideas about it back then, possibly to do with the transient population in the area, or the earlier drug busts. Or whatever. It would be nice to think they have some pretty firm ideas about where this child came from, or how this happened, but they are needing more evidence to move against the people concerned.

If that were the case, then that could have led to them saying on the news for people who know about this or who are on the periphery, to come forward before the police come to you. So maybe they know who that person is who does know something, but haven't got quite enough evidence to act on it/approach them as yet.

BBM.

Maybe the terrible circumstance are referring to not only did this poor Angel suffer violent injuries but she then has the indignity of being dumped on the side of the highway in a suitcase and not one single person has come forward to acknowledge her existence.
So sad.

Maybe the terrible circumstance are referring to not only did this poor Angel suffer violent injuries but she then has the indignity of being dumped on the side of the highway in a suitcase and not one single person has come forward to acknowledge her existence.
So sad.
imo

Thanks Soso. I was taking it to mean the terrible circumstances surrounding her actual death. I thought there may have been something else to indicate this. As I said before, I need sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog