AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The quilt looks different every time when I see a new pic. Maybe that's me?

Thanks for Oona's picture! :)

attachment.php

I see a piece of quilted fabric which looks like it was separated between 2 layers of fabric and wadding. In the middle it looks like there is a join of the 2 layers of fabric. Missing is a little bit of every patch to their right side (of patch). Looks like a an opened book: left half of the quilt is lying flat, right side not. The pattern of the patches and frame - sometimes only the colour of it - seem to be on the left half and exactly on the opposite right half of the quilt.
Frame: what is missing on the left half is existing on the right half. Look at the frame above: to the left there is almost only wadding, to the right there is the musical note fabric. One piece of musical note fabric to the left side is to be seen, to the right there is a whole exactly on the opposite place.

Patches: you see a yellow coloured field to the left and a yellow coloured field exactly next to it. If you would fold the quilt the yellow field would be lying on the other yellow field. The same with the pink coloured field: if folded, pink would ly on top of the other pink field. Same with the blue coloured field.

I can't explain better, sorry.

I know how to make a quilt but I can't understand why this piece of quilt is with a join to the right side (on the pic it is the middle) and why the piece is separated between 2 layings of fabric, then opened like a book and after all shown to us.
I also can't understand why I have seen different pictures before?

If you think I'm totally wrong about all then please excuse me and go on. :)

It appears that the star print and dragonfly print on the left side of the fold have been accidentally torn from the patches on the right side during the unfolding process. I imagine this quilt is extremely fragile.
I think many photos of this quilt were taken during the unfolding process and bits fell apart. That is why there is some variation in what the quilt looks like folded and then unfolded.
Is the patch you are referring to the camel patch which is folded back?

It appears that the star print and dragonfly print on the left side of the fold have been accidentally torn from the patches on the right side during the unfolding process. I imagine this quilt is extremely fragile.
I think many photos of this quilt were taken during the unfolding process and bits fell apart. That is why there is some variation in what the quilt looks like folded and then unfolded.
Is the patch you are referring to the camel patch which is folded back?

Maybe it's the camel print. I'm not able to recognize anything on this pic except stars and musical notes.

Yeah, but wouldn't your reaction be "Nah, that can't be human. It must be some sort of animal." Because who finds a human child's jawbone laying beside the road? And maybe you'd go home and google photos of kangaroo skeletons or anything else that it maybe might be before convincing yourself that it really is human.

I certainly would do a double take...a 2-4 year old jaw would be so tiny.

It's something you wouldn't expect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 140
Maybe the terrible circumstance are referring to not only did this poor Angel suffer violent injuries but she then has the indignity of being dumped on the side of the highway in a suitcase and not one single person has come forward to acknowledge her existence.
So sad.

Thanks Soso. I was taking it to mean the terrible circumstances surrounding her actual death. I thought there may have been something else to indicate this. As I said before, I need sleep!

I know from experience that bones, with trauma, bleed and bruise.
Mine showed under MRI scan and it takes months to heal. If little Angel had survived injury or broken bones there would show healing while she was alive.

Oh this is just heartbreaking....a sweet little girl...but how many others are living under severe conditions with this drug and ice epidemic. Unfortunately our little Angel won't be the last to die needlessly like this.

Does anyone think they may have already identified her, or at least matched her DNA in some way, and are keeping it close to their chests so they can dig up enough evidence to convict? The just don't seem to be appealing for help ID'ing her in the same way they are appealing for people to come forward who may know something?

I'm really just thinking out loud here, and it may be a bit of wishful thinking that they are on their way to solving this.

After looking at the quilt for quite some times, I felt that the quilt has been used for cleaning such as the floor. It feels like the material on the surface has been rubbed for a long time, just like a mop, this might be the cause for the rotten surfaces but not the inner layer.

The inner layer of the quilt seems to be made of cotton. I went up on the internet reading about clothing decompose with the dead body in coffin and it supports my thought that cotton would definitely be the first to be decomposed. The inner layer of the quilt is still very much intact with seemingly no hole, which might suggested that the body wasn’t decomposed with the quilt.

Does anyone think they may have already identified her, or at least matched her DNA in some way, and are keeping it close to their chests so they can dig up enough evidence to convict? The just don't seem to be appealing for help ID'ing her in the same way they are appealing for people to come forward who may know something?

I'm really just thinking out loud here, and it may be a bit of wishful thinking that they are on their way to solving this.

I does seem odd that if they have other items (as they have implied) that they wouldn't make those public if they are still trying to identify her, so I don't think it is wishful thinking. I think they suspect something.

After looking at the quilt for quite some times, I felt that the quilt has been used for cleaning such as the floor. It feels like the material on the surface has been rubbed for a long time, just like a mop, this might be the cause for the rotten surfaces but not the inner layer.

The inner layer of the quilt seems to be made of cotton. I went up on the internet reading about clothing decompose with the dead body in coffin and it supports my thought that cotton would definitely be the first to be decomposed. The inner layer of the quilt is still very much intact with seemingly no hole, which might suggested that the body wasn’t decomposed with the quilt.

It's highly probable this quilt's inner layer is polyester wadding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 15
I've been wondering for a while if she's from Murray Bridge. Someone got wind of the drug raids and needed to get rid of the evidence.

With regard to the quilt:
Yes, it is very likely filled with polyester wadding. I am quite sure the wadding was identified by police earlier as synthetic.
"A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

Most modern quilt fabrics can withstand a lot of machine washing without much fade or wear. For its probable age this quilt appears to have sustained much more than just water damage. I think this supports the suggestion that it was in contact with the body during decomposition.

Please let me know if this has already been explored in earlier threads. I have been looking at the quilt, again, and think I can see a small image of a face and shoulders. This would be the top right corner patch. In very sad circumstances, this quilt is really living up to its name as an eye-spy quilt isn't it?
[video]http://s570.photobucket.com/user/yiayia82/media/littlefaceonquilt_zpsskzkpfyo.png.html][IMG[/video]

Sorry this image doesn't seem to be working, will try again later.
See post #233

What if the old man with suitcase had to go into hospice and moved the case away from his house? Dementia etc? It may explain his movements?

Please let me know if this has already been explored in earlier threads. I have been looking at the quilt, again, and think I can see a small image of a face and shoulders. This would be the top right corner patch. In very sad circumstances, this quilt is really living up to its name as an eye-spy quilt isn't it?

With regard to the quilt:
Yes, it is very likely filled with polyester wadding. I am quite sure the wadding was identified by police earlier as synthetic.
"A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

Most modern quilt fabrics can withstand a lot of machine washing without much fade or wear. For its probable age this quilt appears to have sustained much more than just water damage. I think this supports the suggestion that it was in contact with the body during decomposition.

BBM
Oona I am inclined to agree.
I am thinking that maybe some time after death that Angel may have been wrapped in either the quilt or other items of which we are not yet aware.
Then for what ever reason transferred to the suitcase.
Maybe some partial decomposition in the suitcase or maybe not.
Angel and a pile of undamaged clothing stuffed into suitcase and dumped by the side of the road, becoming more weathered with exposure to the elements.
imo

Someone said there might be Noddy on there. Has it been confirmed? Another said is could be a mirror image, symmetrical.
It makes sense as patch posters have not placed any opposite each yet?
Some quilters would save on material, especially starting out, as they didn't want purchase material for each patch? Save money?
wynarkaQuilt.jpgcamelQuilt.jpg

Oona, I can see the " small image of a face and shoulders", its really scares me! But I think it is just happened to looks like it with some imagination.

Someone said there might be Noddy on there. Has it been confirmed? Another said is could be a mirror image, symmetrical.
It makes sense as patch posters have not placed any opposite each yet?
Some quilters would save on material, especially starting out, as they didn't want purchase material for each patch? Save money?
View attachment 80641View attachment 80642

I think the patches that appear to be symmetrical are just where the quilt was folded and pieces of one fabric stuck to the patch opposite. Given how well the pumpkin patch was preserved, if there was a second one, I think it would be obvious.

Which brings up the question - when was the quilt folded? If she was initially wrapped in it at time of death, then was it unwrapped and folded when put into the case? Or maybe she was never wrapped in it - she might have been laid on the folded quilt in some other container (trunk? box?) or area (attic?, crawlspace?) and then transferred "as she lay" into the suitcase. Not to be morbid, but I would suspect that any clothes under or around her as she decomposed might have been stuck together and possibly stiffened?

I think the pumpkin patch that is still looking so good might not be to do with preserving well, another possibility is that this patch is done later, well after the quilt was so decomposed.

How can or what makes this one particular spot so clean so sustainable? Is this patch done for hiding something behind the patch? Would it be the perpetrator teaching the child or another child how to sew?

Someone said the pumpkin patch may have been made of table cloth. Due to its plastic synthetic properties it may have survived water damage?

I think the patches that appear to be symmetrical are just where the quilt was folded and pieces of one fabric stuck to the patch opposite. Given how well the pumpkin patch was preserved, if there was a second one, I think it would be obvious.

The guy in the suit is geo-caching, hence he is meandering through bushes with his mobile phone searching for his treasure beside the road looking lost?

[/B]

BBM
Oona I am inclined to agree.
I am thinking that maybe some time after death that Angel may have been wrapped in either the quilt or other items of which we are not yet aware.
Then for what ever reason transferred to the suitcase.
Maybe some partial decomposition in the suitcase or maybe not.
Angel and a pile of undamaged clothing stuffed into suitcase and dumped by the side of the road, becoming more weathered with exposure to the elements.
imo

bbm

I can't imagine a murderer who dares to handle a (only) partial decomposed victim and puts the little girl from some place to another in this condition. Immediately after murder - yes. As a skeleton - yes. But not half decomposed, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member