AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard the media call him elderly. I don't think they'd dare :)
I remember reading one report where they said "older man" though.
But when considering how the witnesses describe the age of a person we have to consider their own age.
The 3 women who we know described him as 60ish were all contemporaries in age themselves or a bit older, so likely to be correct in their estimation of his age.

Yes, it's all relative isn't it. I would have thought they'd have got it about right.

Thanks for the article, Jane.

It's interesting to see Insp. Huchins' comments to the effect that he thinks the suitcase was placed on the highway to draw attention to it.

He is described as being in his 60s so I'd think hospice care would be a bit unlikely as he'd be rather young for that.

In the U.S. our hospice is for any age of person with only a projected (short) amount of time left to live.

What is:

A ute?

A caravan?

What does BBM mean?

Thanks!

What is:

A ute?

A caravan?

What does BBM mean?

Thanks!

Ute is short for "utility"... pretty much what Americans call a pickup truck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_(vehicle)
A caravan is what Americans might know as trailer but of a size and type that can reasonably be towed around day after day by a well-powered car, the sort of trailer one might go on a holiday in with one's family. Examples can be seen at http://www.jayco.com.au/range/caravans/ Larger trailers than that which demand vehicles larger than a family car to shift get called transportable homes here. No idea what BBM means.

Bolded by me.

Ute is short for "utility"... pretty much what Americans call a pickup truck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_(vehicle)
A caravan is what Americans might know as trailer but of a size and type that can reasonably be towed around day after day by a well-powered car, the sort of trailer one might go on a holiday in with one's family. Examples can be seen at http://www.jayco.com.au/range/caravans/ Larger trailers than that which demand vehicles larger than a family car to shift get called transportable homes here. No idea what BBM means.

I hadn't heard that other locals said a traveling salesman comes with a suitcase. I think it's possible suitcase man could be explained that simply.

And I have traveled, and know you fill out customs forms with information that include your return date, but what happens if you don't return at all? Do they look for you?

Is there any industries like oil, where workers come through and then leave? I am not familiar with Australia's resources/work industries at all.

ETA: I use to watch big brother Australia, and I swear you Aussies have slang for EVERYTHING! My favorite was "budgie smuggler"!

Probably pure coincidence that Cassandra's father is 58 - which would be very close to 60. If he was only charged with manslaughter, it's probable that he'd have been released by now, I would think?

Lots of interesting information in that article. Thanks!

Interesting that he is described as 'casually dressed' in that article - certainly rules out a suit.

That info about Cassandra is interesting. Thinking totally outside the square here, and no doubt it is only sloppy reporting, or I am reading it wrong, but they say Cassandra went missing with her parents in 1978, yet the mother didn't say she was killed until 1982. That's 4 years. What if she wasn't killed at 8 months, but it was closer to the time the mother reported it? It doesn't say when the mother said she was killed, so like I said it may just be the way it is reported.

The police in Angels case have guessed at the timelines on when she was killed, based on the clothing in the suitcase. Is that the only evidence they have, as to her age/date of death? Have they tested the remains to determine the age?

What if it were her, if she did in fact disappear those few years later? And what if 60 yr old man was the father, putting the past to rest? But wouldn't he just tell someone where to find her? Unless he was scared of more jail time?

Probably totally wrong. But you do have to think of every possibility.

At least with the police doing the database matching, they are looking at other kids welfare as well, and that is only a good thing.

@dogface - it is very hard for anyone in the world not to have heard of budgie smugglers, when we have a prime minister who insists on wearing them lol.

I'm even less convinced now, that suitcase man was involved, or even if his description is remotely accurate, it seems that the witness is not sure if she saw him April or May, so how they can decide he was seen somewhere else on the " same" day seems improbable.

As someone else has mentioned exactly how do we know she could not have gone missing earlier than 2007, I assume they must have more evidence to confirm this than just the age of clothes in suitcase.

I find the Cassandra angle interesting, especially as her body was not found.

About now would be an excellent time for Cassandras parents to come clean and tell police where their daughters body is.

The patterns on the quilt certainly look dated. Well especially the pumpkin! How far back were the other identified fabrics available ?
That info about Cassandra is interesting. Thinking totally outside the square here, and no doubt it is only sloppy reporting, or I am reading it wrong, but they say Cassandra went missing with her parents in 1978, yet the mother didn't say she was killed until 1982. That's 4 years. What if she wasn't killed at 8 months, but it was closer to the time the mother reported it? It doesn't say when the mother said she was killed, so like I said it may just be the way it is reported.

The police in Angels case have guessed at the timelines on when she was killed, based on the clothing in the suitcase. Is that the only evidence they have, as to her age/date of death? Have they tested the remains to determine the age?

What if it were her, if she did in fact disappear those few years later? And what if 60 yr old man was the father, putting the past to rest? But wouldn't he just tell someone where to find her? Unless he was scared of more jail time?

Probably totally wrong. But you do have to think of every possibility.

At least with the police doing the database matching, they are looking at other kids welfare as well, and that is only a good thing.

@dogface - it is very hard for anyone in the world not to have heard of budgie smugglers, when we have a prime minister who insists on wearing them lol.

This is probably a dumb question. What if a child died in, say, 1980. Their body was immediately put into a freezer, where it remained for many years. Then, perhaps 5 years ago, the body was removed from the freezer, placed with "current" clothing, and allowed to decompose. After a period of time - could they tell the body had been frozen?

Based on the news article, it sounds like the area is a hotspot for children that may never make a birth registry.

It sounds like someone is drawing a truck load of police attention to the bush camps of people, off the grid.

Leaving a suitcase beside the road with a skeleton in it is going to achieve it. Maybe someone isn't really happy people living off the land so to speak.
Surely, at some stage, those in the sticks must come in for some essentials, not to mention medical attention? Anyone with a retail store might not want to upset outer region loners as they'll stop shopping in their store?

The clothing appears to be markets, and some from Asia as have people have pointed out. The Hoalailu (Coastal Road) label might be a hint at something. As from below West from Wynarka is Tailem bend which explains the police focus.

What about recent flooding in the area last 2 years? Did that impact these areas down near Tailem bend?
It may explain the water damaged contents? The suitcase is water damaged? Someone shifted the case because of flood?

<modsnip>
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...6b918befbd4e548cd904e4e4ce4&memtype=anonymous

a violent death under terrible circumstances may mean any clothing she was wearing or wrapped around her was saturated in blood and her facial bones may have been smashed, showing cause of death to be bashing, beating?

So glad to see a more realistic opinion. It really is sad, but there is a lot to be seen from so little evidence. When I saw a few of those dresses, I already decided pedophile and another mentioned snuff *advertiser censored*. I thik we are there with this, but others do not want to see it on this board.

I just read if there is any new evidence, not much talk on other boards.

Interesting that he is described as 'casually dressed' in that article - certainly rules out a suit.

There was a separate sighting of a man in a suit. How best to call him? Suitman :thinking:

Adelaide business owner says he was returning from a family function along the Karoonda Highway in late May when a man aged about 60 and dressed in a suit emerged from scrubland and quickly crossed the road.

He appeared to be on a mobile phone at the time.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...497110993?sv=c353f7f0820e8242b6e7a59fdc94104f

BBM and respectfully snipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member