AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...just said to myself...If that post goes through then it was meant to be...

So many times...you write a post and it "times you out" and you have to retype the whole ruddy thing..

Not sure how to link this one...it's a facebook page with a link from SA Police...
when I tried to copy the link it wouldn't save...so hope it's ok just to post the facebook page and direct members here to it... it is the link under the post on this Facebook page that says "The following link contains media releases, press conferences and photographs about baby angel."

https://www.facebook.com/Child-Found-Karoonda-Highway-SA-898763036862168/timeline/

Below is the link you're referring to. It is the SAPOL Task Force Mallee page that I've posted a link to a few times in previous threads. It may pay to bookmark this one as it is being continually updated.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VglwoOyqpBf

If you want to research the fact that a GAPA member may have made the quilt found in the suitcase, that's fine. It's not fine to infer that any members of GAPA may be associated or linked to the death of little Angel. There is a fine line here and some respect should be shown to the GAPA members.

Lol ....I thought you may have been asleep...do you sleep?? I've been busy deleting.....

I'm not suggesting any GAPA members made the quilt at all.. merely suggesting that it is worthy to consider giving the timing of the remains (sorry) of Angels disposal/dumping is worthy of ...... a Mmm % of consideration and not worth discounting at all...

Even I am sceptical...and I am sure you have seen...well..know..you have seen me trying to squash/subdue...any over the top reference ....but again...I don't think it's totally out of the realms...given the age group of the only???...what have we been given???....a man in his 60's carrying a suitcase...A suitcase found with remains of a child...

off to bed..

Lol ....I thought you may have been asleep...do you sleep?? I've been busy deleting.....

I'm not suggesting any GAPA members made the quilt at all.. merely suggesting that it is worthy to consider giving the timing of the remains (sorry) of Angels disposal/dumping is worthy of ...... a Mmm % of consideration and not worth discounting at all...

Even I am sceptical...and I am sure you have seen...well..know..you have seen me trying to squash/subdue...any over the top reference ....but again...I don't think it's totally out of the realms...given the age group of the only???...what have we been given???....a man in his 60's carrying a suitcase...A suitcase found with remains of a child...

off to bed..

Sleep? Hah, what's that? Yes, I saw you've been deleting. Why? I wasn't suggesting that you inferred that any GAPA members made the quilt. I was replying to Crabstick and his inference to GAPA. He in turn has edited his initial post to acknowlege what I said. Hopefully that is clear now.

To summarise - moo -

1. police are searching Federal databases (Centrelink/Medicare)
2. they are locating all female children born in relevant years
3. any female children they cant locate>>>DNA testing pinprick newborn
4. still struggling to obtain DNA from bones

It seems to me SAPOL believe that the child was born and likely raised in SA and are focusing the search here.

I believe that tooth/bone tests have revealed where the child was raised. SA water is either straight out of the river, or highly treated and will leave residue.

The clothing is UNUSUAL. The labels particularly "made in Australia". I believe this may well lead to our baby. 80% at least of childrens clothing here is Made in China and the brands shown are very unusual and traceable.

I don't think we will have to wait very long, myself.

Also our American friends - this part of the world is very, very small, which is why Suitcase Guy stood out.

Those townfolk would've had a good hard stare at a stranger wandering about with a suitcase.

I'm surprised there isn't a efit of the suspect - but maybe they know who he is....or suspect, just unable to prove yet with no DNA from bones.

Off topic but can someone please explain what 5 characters or 5 chars means? I'm not familiar with the term.

I think I just understand: If you don't want to add a text to a "Reply with quote", but the WS program requires some text of minimal 5 characters ...

5 characters are minimum requirement outside quotation. I put in 5chars for the post validation script.

The rest the quotes are evidence that heel pricks are kept more than 2 years, so potentially has something for coppers to back check against. With a few link references to reputable websites. :)

Crabstick, what are you talking about???

Can't backtrack, but whoever said "where did mum learn the skill to make a quilt" - it's not hard.

Plenty of women's magazines and home-maker magazines have simple to follow instructions.
Thing is, it's the sort of thing pregnant women do. My one and only knitted item was made for my baby while I was pregnant. I'd never knitted before and I haven't since, yet I made a cardigan and pants for a newborn simply my following instructions.
As a sewer, not normally a knitter, I'd say sewing a quilt was much, much simpler.
And remember, this quilt is clearly an amateur job, as experienced quilters who have examined it have stated.

It seemed to me that the black tutu dress was the best lead the police had because "only 28 of the Cotton On Kids dresses were sold within South Australia about eight years ago".
I wonder why we have heard nothing about tracing those sales.
Unless the dress was purchased with cash, which is unlikely, there must be a card trail.
I say it's unlikely based on a discussion with a friend who works in a clothing shop in Mt Barker who says a cash purchase is very rare and she probably only sees one or two at most a week.
Nobody gets paid in cash any more, so a cash sale stands out.
She says this would have been the case in 2007 too - cash sales are very rare.

So someone did visit town to buy the magazine, or had been buying magazines. That's a luxury item in my budget.
It must be a country thing because none of the women around me, and I am in a mothers group, haven't quilted, even the craftiest of them all who dragged us all to pottery classes etc. Im not saying its not possible JaneSA. I'm just saying it doesn't appear common around here to quilt amongst young people. Maybe its more regional?

I've just set up an embroidery machine for an older woman around the corner and teaching her on a volunteer basis how to use the computer enabling her design and transfer to the machine etc, along with watch Youtube vids. She makes clothes etc. She goes to a lot of embroidery shows.
Maybe Angels carer went to embroidery shows or markets that sell their wares? :)

Can't backtrack, but whoever said "where did mum learn the skill to make a quilt" - it's not hard.

Plenty of women's magazines and home-maker magazines have simple to follow instructions.
Thing is, it's the sort of thing pregnant women do. My one and only knitted item was made for my baby while I was pregnant. I'd never knitted before and I haven't since, yet I made a cardigan and pants for a newborn simply my following instructions.
As a sewer, not normally a knitter, I'd say sewing a quilt was much, much simpler.
And remember, this quilt is clearly an amateur job, as experienced quilters who have examined it have stated.

I would think, that if Angels carer was into quilting there was less chance her mother was a drug user, the parents in a abusive relationship. If this is the case, maybe it was daughter father living in platonic arrangement, maybe in a caravan?
Was Angel terribly ill and someone did want her going to medical help?

Sold 8 years ago may mean the Tutu was a second hand charity item? :)
All the clothes are second hand charity items because quality sells better second hand? Churches have charity shops in the country too. They sell everything from glassware to tents :)

It seemed to me that the black tutu dress was the best lead the police had because only 28 of the Cotton On Kids dresses were sold within South Australia about eight years ago".

Some of us have thought that the clothes we've seen were exaggeratedly girlish. This might indicate that our little girl didn't have a younger sister to hand them down to, but did have a little brother who inherited her more gender-neutral clothes.

Sleep? Hah, what's that? Yes, I saw you've been deleting. Why? I wasn't suggesting that you inferred that any GAPA members made the quilt. I was replying to Crabstick and his inference to GAPA. He in turn has edited his initial post to acknowlege what I said. Hopefully that is clear now.

LOL....

Deleting ... I was well overdue my beddyby time ... But have recently been trying hard to review my posts before posting...to save any confusion (As you know...I often type ...whilst my brain is already on the next page..)...But I was too tired and just decided to delete..

Thanks for the Clarification re GAPA.

A small part (and I say small) has to consider if any ring involvement ..... and someone got a bit jumpy given heightened media around cases such a Williams ... then the timing of the dumping may have some relevance.

There really isn't a lot to go on in this case....so maybe clutching at straws!!

That would mean a family with absolutely no money or very limited access to transport? 10 clothing items like that in a charity shop might be $20 max? Extreme hardship? There appears no underwear in the case? Police excluded it?

A quilt would be a prohibitively expensive hobby under these circumstances? In saying that the material may be scraps?

Some of us have thought that the clothes we've seen were exaggeratedly girlish. This might indicate that our little girl didn't have a younger sister to hand them down to, but did have a little brother who inherited her more gender-neutral clothes.

Surround material an old bed sheet?

I suppose I didn't factor in that clothes are so much cheaper than they used to be. But is it really no longer done to recycle clothes among siblings? I'm inclined to think frugal habits learned young persist even when circumstances change to make them less rational.

I'm struggling to say something else but I can't seem to make sense. I'm thinking of a selfish father who has a moderate income but only sporadically makes it available for the woman and children's needs. So they might have been quite needy at times and yet not actually have had a very low family income.

To summarise - moo -

I believe that tooth/bone tests have revealed where the child was raised. SA water is either straight out of the river, or highly treated and will leave residue.

To sumarise the information on the SA Water site, on Eyre Peninsula it is mostly artesian water, in the South East it is from the Blue Lake, from the river Murray up to about Whyalla it is treated river water, through the Adelaide Hills it is mostly from rainfall caught in reservoirs, and in metropolitan Adelaide you've pretty much got a mish-mash of the reservoir water and Murray water being pumped over as long a distance as it takes and treated with as much chlorine as it takes to make safe depending on the time of year and demand.

https://www.sawater.com.au/community-and-environment/our-water-and-sewerage-systems/our-networks

Im thinking the sole child born unexpectedly. The clothes are from charity, possibly straight out the charity bin or they were in the case when it was discovered on the side of the road like the others found and used as a makeshift coffin until the case was found. The clothes may have been deliberately placed to avoid detection.
The quilt is the underlying item of Angel who was stored in something else out of the weather until she was decomposed enough to make it really hard to determine cause of death with attached biological evidence.
Angel has then shifted for a couple of possible reasons. The suitcase man needed to shift the body and all evidence away from the property so as not to establish a location of death. Which may means he has property ownership or family which he cant keep moving.
The 60 year old may have discovered the case or on his property while walking the road siding, opened the case to much surprise, possibly the other side of town. The 60 year old was in shock and was disillusioned on where to best leave the case to be found, eventually. The case has since been rifled through, possibly by kids or curious dogs attracted to the odour.
The person who put the body in the case could live anywhere but being an hour from Adelaide, someone who has had enough time to drive out, dump the case and be back in time, not to be noticed by family members. Inside the time reasonable to be doing food shopping. Say a 3 hour window.

Angel has just turned 4 at time of death.

I suppose I didn't factor in that clothes are so much cheaper than they used to be. But is it really no longer done to recycle clothes among siblings? I'm inclined to think frugal habits learned young persist even when circumstances change to make them less rational.

I'm struggling to say something else but I can't seem to make sense. I'm thinking of a selfish father who has a moderate income but only sporadically makes it available for the woman and children's needs. So they might have been quite needy at times and yet not actually have had a very low family income.

It seemed to me that the black tutu dress was the best lead the police had because "only 28 of the Cotton On Kids dresses were sold within South Australia about eight years ago".
I wonder why we have heard nothing about tracing those sales.
Unless the dress was purchased with cash, which is unlikely, there must be a card trail.
I say it's unlikely based on a discussion with a friend who works in a clothing shop in Mt Barker who says a cash purchase is very rare and she probably only sees one or two at most a week.
Nobody gets paid in cash any more, so a cash sale stands out.
She says this would have been the case in 2007 too - cash sales are very rare.

Personally I think it is quite likely it may well have been purchased with cash. Paywave wasn't around back then I don't think.

I always carry cash (and card with paywave) and use both depending on the shop. In 2007 I would have been cash only though and I imagine many other people would have been also.

I too thought the dress would turn up more (and perhaps it has and not been revealed). If it was a cash transaction then it would be impossible to trace, I imagine the best the police could do is nominate the store/area and even then it could have been someone traveling through who stopped there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966