Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole situation is bonkers.

But the idea of meeting up to discuss the state of one's marriage with the in-laws and pastor, but without the husband present, may be the single most bizarre aspect of this case.

I wonder if this was just one in a serious of get-togethers and whose idea it was to meet.

It's got that intense, intrusive, suffocating small town vibe written all over it! This is why people run away from home to live in concrete shoe boxes in huge cities! This is why people end up poisoning their dinner guests LOL

Don't know which religion these people are but perhaps it's that sort of thing where the church and family have to be consulted in order to 'consent' to a divorce because it's not really supposed to happen.

Obv it's the bloke who wants the whole thing done and dusted - he gets to break free from the marriage, possibly takes custody of the children (does he want them?) but also cashes in big time winning 50% of her assets. Personally I'd be a bit furious too.

If she wanted to try and make it work and was appealing to the 'elders' to persuade hubby to stay in the marriage but they were there to deliver and drive home the message that it's not working, it's o.v.e.r. and the pastor is happy to consent to him becoming divorced, that would have been a very unpleasant and distressing discussion. IMO JMO

It's got that intense, intrusive, suffocating small town vibe written all over it! This is why people run away from home to live in concrete shoe boxes in huge cities! This is why people end up poisoning their dinner guests LOL

Don't know which religion these people are but perhaps it's that sort of thing where the church and family have to be consulted in order to 'consent' to a divorce because it's not really supposed to happen.

Obv it's the bloke who wants the whole thing done and dusted - he gets to break free from the marriage, possibly takes custody of the children (does he want them?) but also cashes in big time winning 50% of her assets. Personally I'd be a bit furious too.

If she wanted to try and make it work and was appealing to the 'elders' to persuade hubby to stay in the marriage but they were there to deliver and drive home the message that it's not working, it's o.v.e.r. and the pastor is happy to consent to him becoming divorced, that would have been a very unpleasant and distressing discussion. IMO JMO
it isd not obvious that her former husband wanted this.
she is quoted as confirming she took care of him for 3 weeks after their formal separation in 2021, last year following his medical emergency. she did not want to reconcile with him and she told him so. numerous links upthread.

the story about the reconciliation is a story told by an unnamed 'friend' of his and makes no sense at all, neither of them wanted a reconciliation.

I disregard it until the information is produced by the authorities. The daily mail is not an authority.

A smart person would not be talking about the food dehydrator at the hospital then dumping it right after at the local tip where it could be recovered. . A smart person would admit to accidently picking the mushrooms and pretending it was all a tragic accident. She seems quite stupid to me
And/or overly confident of her self-perceived/delusional ability to outsmart everyone.

If she is intentionally involved in poisoning these people, I wonder what her motive was -
1. Intended to kill them? If so, why?
* Financial gain?
* Revenge?
* To hurt (emotionally) her ex-husband?
* Power / control - I have the power to end your life?

2. Did she intend to only make them ill so she could then either “save” them or take care of them as they recover so everyone- especially her ex-husband - would see what a wonderful caregiver she is so maybe he would come back to her?

Not that long ago there was a case on one of the “judge” shows (i.e. People’s Court) where a woman twice sickened her ex-husband with laxatives so she could take care of him hoping he’d come back to her.

It gives me some feelings of Munchausen by Proxy and/or nurses/caregivers who kill. If so, they definitely need to look closely at any past illnesses/deaths of people around her.

“This is not ‘Midsomer Murders‚’” Nathan Hersey, the mayor of South Gippsland, said in an interview with 9 News Australia, referring to a British detective drama. “This is real people’s lives.”

View attachment 441069
A creepy "death wall" was reportedly photographed in the home of Erin Patterson, the Australian woman whose cooking allegedly resulted in the death of three individuals.

According to news.com.au, the exclusive photograph depicted a wall filled with satanic messages and images of tombstones, dead bodies, and multiple references to death.

The illustrations were described as childlike with messages including, "You don't have long to live,” “your dead from my sword, ” and others like “ME R.I.P.”

The photos were taken by a handyman last year, who wished to stay anonymous. He was allegedly called to the property by a real estate agent who requested him to paint over the wall for sale purposes.

Speaking to news.com.au, he said: “I’ve looked at it and gone, holy , what the hell’s going on here? I went, 'This is actually really scary for kids to do this inside the kitchen-dining room.' I didn’t think it was right, it looked scary. It just didn’t look right to me as a parent.”

“We started calling it the death wall,” he said. At least one image was dated August 1, 2021. According to the handyman, it took about six coats of paint to cover the drawings.
I am going to speculate after all that we know now....its going to come out EP wrote that wall...

As many folk have commented that its all fine and dandy and cool all that stuff.
I personally find it extremely disturbing, add to it the unicorns and witch references....add to it death by poisonous lunch.....

Someone living in lala land is possibly being exposed.

Scary stuff!! :eek:
Too many accumulative red flags
MOO

I am going to speculate after all that we know now....its going to come out EP wrote that wall...

As many folk have commented that its all fine and dandy and cool all that stuff.
I personally find it extremely disturbing, add to it the unicorns and witch references....add to it death by poisonous lunch.....

Someone living in lala land is possibly being exposed.

Scary stuff!! :eek:
Too many accumulative red flags
MOO
Yes, but are they her red flags? Could she be frantically covering for someone else?

And/or overly confident of her self-perceived/delusional ability to outsmart everyone.

If she is intentionally involved in poisoning these people, I wonder what her motive was -
1. Intended to kill them? If so, why?
* Financial gain?
* Revenge?
* To hurt (emotionally) her ex-husband?
* Power / control - I have the power to end your life?

2. Did she intend to only make them ill so she could then either “save” them or take care of them as they recover so everyone- especially her ex-husband - would see what a wonderful caregiver she is so maybe he would come back to her?

Not that long ago there was a case on one of the “judge” shows (i.e. People’s Court) where a woman twice sickened her ex-husband with laxatives so she could take care of him hoping he’d come back to her.

It gives me some feelings of Munchausen by Proxy and/or nurses/caregivers who kill. If so, they definitely need to look closely at any past illnesses/deaths of people around her.

What I have learned over time studying psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists and the crimes they commit is that they use people as mechanisms. A distorted form of cause and effect, or game theory, or computer code - if this then that.

They have no connection to or care about or sentiment for the human beings involved in their system. Zero empathy, no emotion.

So, let's just say that E is a sociopath. If E decided that she'd rather not get divorced just now, and killing all the people who were coming to her home to organise the divorce would thwart that process, then that's her simple solution. It makes total sense.

JMO MOO

This whole situation is bonkers.

But the idea of meeting up to discuss the state of one's marriage with the in-laws and pastor, but without the husband present, may be the single most bizarre aspect of this case.

I wonder if this was just one in a serious of get-togethers and whose idea it was to meet.
A poster upthread introduced the idea, "intervention". Perhaps that was more what was going on, rather than an interview to get back with your ex?

I can't imagine how it works to have people round for a meal and put down plates and let people pick one? it doesn't ring true.

You would either put the 'beef wellington' down on a large serving plate and allow people to help themselves -or- you'd plate it up and hand them a plated portion one by one, either from a serving hatch, from a serving trolley or one by one to the table the same as a waiter would.

In the history of time when has anyone left five plated up hot dinners somewhere and said take whichever one you'd like?
They do this in cafeterias.

it isd not obvious that her former husband wanted this.
she is quoted as confirming she took care of him for 3 weeks after their formal separation in 2021, last year following his medical emergency. she did not want to reconcile with him and she told him so. numerous links upthread.

the story about the reconciliation is a story told by an unnamed 'friend' of his and makes no sense at all, neither of them wanted a reconciliation.

I disregard it until the information is produced by the authorities. The daily mail is not an authority.

She didn't want to reconcile but she didn't want to divorce maybe as that when he gets half her stuff?
So she perhaps just wanted it to stay how it is? Officially married but living separate lives?

If the family members, religious folk and pastor were getting involved maybe it was because they were 'concerned' the arrangement is immoral or unholy. Maybe one or both were seeing new people?

Who knows. We'll find out in due course I expect.

She didn't want to reconcile but she didn't want to divorce maybe as that when he gets half her stuff?
So she perhaps just wanted it to stay how it is? Officially married but living separate lives?

If the family members, religious folk and pastor were getting involved maybe it was because they were 'concerned' the arrangement is immoral or unholy. Maybe one or both were seeing new people?

Who knows. We'll find out in due course I expect.
They lived apart for years and were FORMALLY separated in Jan 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni