Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The “death wall” could be the child processing the father’s illness. And I wouldn’t rule out some kind of pop culture reference - some of the Roblox games, for example, are morbid.

As a parent why wouldn’t you simply paint over it?

It’s just another odd thing to take into account when viewing her imo

What do you all make of the words "in essence" here? I find them very odd.

"In essence they were button mushrooms from [a supermarket] and some dried mushrooms that I had purchased some time ago," she said.

It should mean something like "basically", correct? But if you used "basically" in this context, you'd be indicating that the button mushrooms and the dried mushrooms were most of the mushrooms, but not all the mushrooms. So, are we dealing with MORE than 2 types of mushrooms in the Welly mix?

In her statement, Erin said she dumped a food dehydrator at a local tip after the disastrous lunch following a conversation about the gadget with her children, where her ex-husband had asked “is that what you used to poison them?”.

She said in the statement she then “panicked” over the thought that she could lose custody of her children, according to the ABC, and rid herself of the processor.

She said she had lied to investigators when she told them she dumped it “a long time ago”.

Erin said her children were not present at the time of the meal, stating they had actually gone to the movies.

They ate the leftovers from the lunch the following night.

Erin said her children did not like mushrooms, so she “scraped” them off.

In her statement, she claimed that she was contacted by the Department of Health asking what could have caused her guests’ violent reactions.

This article says that the children ate the leftovers the following night. Which would be the same day she presented to hospital…

So did EP present to the hospital on that morning, afternoon or night?

It’s starting to sound more likely that the children ate the leftovers after EP had already started feeling unwell, possibly IMO even after she had been to hospital.

It will be interesting to know whether EP gave the dish to her children before or after she became aware that it had possibly caused her guests (and maybe herself) to become unwell.

All MOO

The “death wall” could be the child processing the father’s illness. And I wouldn’t rule out some kind of pop culture reference - some of the Roblox games, for example, are morbid.
It looks to me like the drawings probably correlate roughly with the corresponding dated height charts at the left of the wall. If a person was standing at a wall and drawing, you'd tend to naturally go for about your head height (ie where your vision points towards) or maybe a bit lower. I'm just speculating here ofc :) but it's helpful to have the dated height chart to go along with the general area that the drawings are made in. FWIW, I think these were all made by a child and I don't see any evidence of an adult's contribution - but I might be missing something/just plain wrong ofc.

ETA - this is also partially in response to the comment about the drawings maybe being done in COVID lockdowns - I think they're probably too late for that judging by the height dates/height of the drawings, but this is all just my humble onion

A food dehydrator would be a pretty strange thing to discuss with the children. I don't think they are normally interested in food processing items.
She claims she was discussing it with her children? For what purpose? Why were they interested in it?
"Have either of you been using the food dehydrator? Did you pick anything and put it in there?"

Maybe the kids had shown an interest in Mom's food dehydrator and had experimented with putting things in there that they had found when exploring in the area.

It does seem quite an unusual wall.

I know I couldn't live with something like that in my house.

Maybe it was left over from Halloween.

It seems people then don't think death stuff is that bad (around Halloween time)
Nobody seems to think it weird or strange, or unusual.
Ie walking skeletons etc and floating heads, blood everywhere, death etc are laughed at.
Creepy stuff then is seen as funny.

So it seems it's seen as weird and creepy and strange at some times, but other times it's seen as funny.
There's a date on it of March 19 2022? Not Halloween.....

That's what I think too.
This guests bringing food only started after EP mentioned the guests had chosen their own plates.

The reporter I think mistook that to mean that the guests took plates of food with them.
I also took this to mean that there were plates on the sideboard with servings of Welly already arranged on them. Then, the guests each picked a plate. IMO EP is trying to suggest that she couldn't have been poisoning anyone because she had them choose their plates. IMO she intends to imply she didn't have control over who was picking up what plate and just by chance ended up un-poisoned herself. But, I think her argument is moot. If 4 people were getting poisoned, and there were 4 plates, it doesn't matter which they picked.

The detail that the food was plated first, and then the guests chose, shows that the Welly wasn't presented whole and sliced up in front of everyone. And it's really the same as far as poison potential as the single-serve pie scenario.

All EP would need to do is turn dried mushroom into a "salt" and sprinkle it on, as a kind of embellishment, like paprika on deviled-eggs. Make it look oh so nice and yummy. Special for her favorite in-laws. And maybe she's "off salt" herself, because, well, blood pressure.

I have a feeling there's quite a bit of cunning in this case. It's not Kouri Richins redux.

Well, there would have been five plates since one of them would be the plate she picked out. She seems to be claiming that the food was on plates and everybody picked a plate with her picking the last one left. But if the poison was in something else like the gravy or sause (beef wellington is usually served with the sauce or gravy as far as I can tell) then maybe the main dish itself was not poisoned. If the main dish wasn't poisoned then the children could have actually eaten the left overs and not get sick. Of course we don't know if anything she claims is accurate. She already admitted she lied to the police about the dehydrator.

It makes no sense to kill them either though the internet is wild speculating.
She was wealthy in her own right, had nothing materially to gain from their deaths.

Bear in mind that LE has released almost no information.
We don't even have official confirmation that deathcaps were the causative agent.
We have no idea what else they consumed only that the guests contributed to the meal and brought dishes too.
I wouldn't guess EP would gain materially from her in-laws, but she might. IMO there's a large potential for non-material gain. She herself, for instance, threw the words "lose custody" into the mix. I have no idea why she would do that in the context of a dehydrator, but it may be that the whole event was related to custody issues, and she had custody "on the brain" and it just kind of slipped out.

I wouldn't guess EP would gain materially from her in-laws, but she might. IMO there's a large potential for non-material gain. She herself, for instance, threw the words "lose custody" into the mix. I have no idea why she would do that in the context of a dehydrator, but it may be that the whole event was related to custody issues, and she had custody "on the brain" and it just kind of slipped out.
That's what I'm thinking too.

The children not being there that day feels like it could be linked too. IMO

"Have either of you been using the food dehydrator? Did you pick anything and put it in there?"

Maybe the kids had shown an interest in Mom's food dehydrator and had experimented with putting things in there that they had found when exploring in the area.
And what? She didn't check it out before using it? What exactly was she dehydrating in there anyway? She claims she purchased dried mushrooms from an Asian grocer.

Behind a paywall

The Australian|3 hours ago
The woman who cooked the deadly beef Wellington meal with toxic mushrooms suspected of killing three elderly people has lamented "being painted as an evil witch'' and becoming a prisoner in her own home,

‘I’ve been painted as evil witch’: suspect​

The woman police have named as a suspect in the deaths of three elderly people after cooking an ill-fated beef Wellington lunch says she is angry over ‘being painted as an evil witch’.

I don’t think she fed the kids any of that meal, just another lie to attempt to look innocent.

‘Oh here kids .. grandma and grandpa have died after eating these so tuck right in.’

Plus they were all at the hospital that night because everyone was dying.

That has crossed my mind. My kids would have used it at that age. They helped me can and dry foods. We would hunt for morels and lions mane mushrooms. Scares me thinking about it now.

A food dehydrator would be a pretty strange thing to discuss with the children. I don't think they are normally interested in food processing items.
She claims she was discussing it with her children? For what purpose? Why were they interested in it?
My kids are interested in stuff like that.

Especially if she made snacks for them like dehydrated fruit or fruit leathers and they really liked them, I can see how it might come up.

Do you think the children could've heard / overheard the suspected cause of the poisonings?

I just wonder if they were the ones to bring up the dehydrator at the hospital, because they remember her drying mushrooms... could explain her sudden panic to get rid of it, realising the children had seen too much and could inadvertently "tell on her" to the police.

Could also explain the decision to quickly remove the children from her care, too, fearing she was considering them a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics