Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but someone could still pick them, dehydrate them, package them and sell them and she did say the dried mushrooms she bought were in a package with a handwritten label
Maybe onthe black market...and why would one buy then?
As the article stated its a strict and regulated operation for obvious reasons.

But the key words your relying on here are ....'she said'.

She has proven she is a liar.

Well the house was sold with the wall written on. So seems unlikely that an adult would encourage children drawing on the walls prior to sale of the house.
I don't think so. This whole story was created by the painter who was employed by the family to paint the interior wall prior to sale. It was the painter who took the photos before he painted over the wall according to numerous Msm already posted here. Moo

That's really the crux of this case, to me. She really didn't have to lie about the dehydrator at the tip. Lawyer advice notwithstanding about 'no comment' interviews, the thing that strikes me is how she didn't say where she got the mushrooms at first (happy to be corrected on this), then changed her story about where she procured them, and admitted she dumped the dehydrator at the tip, just increases suspicion. Unfortunately, if she is innocent (which I'm not really sure about anyway), she's dug a bigger hole for herself as for believability with the things she's said already. All JMO

Well one kid must be incredibly tall as for a 10 year old the top writing is quite high and neat unless she was the one writing some of it.

ETA - guessing the rough age as this was a year ago. The 7/8 year didn’t write that high imo

Moo
It was painted over a year ago by the seller of the photographs. Imo it's unclear when the wall painting occurred, when it was that the family lived there and the age of the children at the time. Moo

i think if this was deliberate poisoning it could be the perfect crime,

... except that she could find herself facing 3 manslaughter charges and one serious negligence-type charge relating to the surviving person.

Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a person without intent to kill, such as in a car accident that results from reckless driving or a death that results from an illegal and dangerous act. For a court to find a person guilty of involuntary manslaughter, it must be satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that the death was the result of an illegal act, an omission, an act of neglect or a failure to take reasonable care.

Last edited:
I'd be washing it in disinfectant, boiling it, etc - heck no, I think I'd just chuck it out!
If you are that scared of the poison I presume you wouldn't be drying the death cup mushrooms to begin with. In reality the dehydrator is going to be just fine once the mushrooms are dried and removed from it. I mean, the poison is not transmitted by air. You need to actually eat the mushroom to be poisoned. If mushroom is removed from the dehydrator, the dehydrator can be used for other things.

It's got that intense, intrusive, suffocating small town vibe written all over it! This is why people run away from home to live in concrete shoe boxes in huge cities! This is why people end up poisoning their dinner guests LOL

Don't know which religion these people are but perhaps it's that sort of thing where the church and family have to be consulted in order to 'consent' to a divorce because it's not really supposed to happen.

Obv it's the bloke who wants the whole thing done and dusted - he gets to break free from the marriage, possibly takes custody of the children (does he want them?) but also cashes in big time winning 50% of her assets. Personally I'd be a bit furious too.

If she wanted to try and make it work and was appealing to the 'elders' to persuade hubby to stay in the marriage but they were there to deliver and drive home the message that it's not working, it's o.v.e.r. and the pastor is happy to consent to him becoming divorced, that would have been a very unpleasant and distressing discussion. IMO JMO
Already divorced if what I've read is correct? Icbw.

The problem I have with this whole business is that no one in their right mind, and having reasonable intelligence, would expect to get away with killing people with death cap mushrooms -- especially if they are known (as is EP) to be a regular mushroom forager who could therefore be reasonably expected to be very aware of toxic varieties.

people who plan murder usually think they are way smarter than everyone else and will get away with it or expect to excuse/lie their way out of it (but I bought them at the Asian grocery! it's not my fault!)

people who plan murder usually think they are way smarter than everyone else and will get away with it or expect to excuse/lie their way out of it (but I bought them at the Asian grocery! it's not my fault!)
And with poisons, I think a lot of people do get away with murder. Some poisoners have a whole bunch of victims before the crime is even suspected. And some presumably get away with it because the crime is not suspected.

Yes, but then the store would have sold just the one packet?
possibly like the psychos that tamper with things randomly - not that I believe that's what happened but does she want people to believe thats what's happened? possibly

that was just speculative ways she might try to deflect
I don't believe anything she says

I'm not relying on those words as proof that they're true - but that she used them to set up her fantasy tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1