Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO had there been any pathology samples relating to Simon, we would have heard about them before now, and I believe that charges in that matter would have been laid earlier than today.

Let's see what the Crown puts forward as evidence for those charges.
I disagree. I think because those samples would relate to a different event, police would not have any reason to release that detail to the media. It is, however, highly relevant to the lunch and murders, because is part of a bigger backstory, and as such would form the brief of evidence.

Actually charging could probably scare some people into revealing themselves, but some people get scared into making a false confession.

Tough luck if it turns out she didn't set out to kill anyone.

So it is kind of fishing.
IMO - it appears she’s tried to kill the ex husband via poisoning method on numerous occasions, if that’s not setting out to kill someone, I’m not sure what is? MOO

IMO I would predict that Simon's previous three illnesses have been re-examined and evidence has been found that his three previous illnesses were the result of an attempt by Erin to murder him.
Perfectly said. I’m still really shocked about this aspect of the charges. I didn’t see them coming, I thought his illness may have been just a coincidence.

As we know, in small towns tongues can tend to wag about a series of strange occurrences. Seems to me that SP must have not discussed his suspicions very widely, if at all.
That’s probably a good thing if he didn’t share his suspicions with many people, in terms of the case that will be put before the courts. But also, maybe he stayed relatively quiet about it because he felt like no one would believe him or that some people might say he was paranoid? IMO

Maybe he was a man who was beaten down emotionally or a victim of controlling or hateful behaviours within his marriage.
Jmo

It’s possible. It’s not only men who are DV perpetrators, sometimes they are women.

Last edited:
Perfectly said. I’m still really shocked about this aspect of the charges. I didn’t see them coming, I thought his illness may have been just a coincidence.
Really?! I got that vibe all along! I almost wonder whether, on hearing family members were sick, whether Simon went to police straight away (possibly even before going to the hospital!). I mean, depending on whether he had made all the connections between Erin’s meals and falling I’ll, whether he had even gone to the police before the lunch.

Really?! I got that vibe all along! I almost wonder whether, on hearing family members were sick, whether Simon went to police straight away (possibly even before going to the hospital!). I mean, depending on whether he had made all the connections between Erin’s meals and falling I’ll, whether he had even gone to the police before the lunch.
Maybe he did go to police before the lunch. Or maybe he didn’t.

I wonder if he did, if his complaint was taken seriously and investigated.

Imho

That’s probably a good thing, in terms of the case. But maybe he felt like no one would believe him or that some people might say he was paranoid? IMO

Without knowing him, it's hard to say.

Had I suspected that someone put me in hospital in those circumstances, then the police would be talking to me and my lawyer at my bedside that's for sure!

Without knowing him, it's hard to say.

Had I suspected that someone put me in hospital in those circumstances, then the police would be talking to me and my lawyer at my bedside that's for sure!
Had he gone to police prior, potentially it gives rise to a reason for the dehydrator being discussed at the hospital. I mean, he could have had a bodywire on even just recorded her himself.

A uniformed officer and a black dog on the porch of a house.

A police officer investigating with a dog at the property of Erin Patterson in Leongatha, Australia, on Thursday

“Today’s charges are just the next step in what has been an incredibly complex, methodical and thorough investigation by homicide squad detectives,” said Detective Inspector Dean Thomas, from the homicide squad.

Patterson, 49, was remanded in custody to appear at Morwell Magistrates’ Court on Friday morning.

Patterson’s lawyer, Ophelia Hollway, left the police station about 7.20pm after five hours of questioning.

An armchair on the back deck and bushes close to the house received particularly close attention from the canines

I don't think he would have gone to the police even before the lunch but he certainly had made the connection before he went to the hospital but possibly as soon as he knew his parents were ill.

But I can't help wondering about why he didn't share his suspicions about Erin to his parents and warn them not to have lunch at Erin's that day. .

Good job to the police. Good to see they've been able to charge her now. Always thought she seemed guilty as sin. (JMO. I know she's not been convicted yet. )
These charges came so quickly after this arrest: hope we hear more very soon.
Wonder what they found with doggies help.

After not being arrested and charged for so many months (and no suspicion regarding her ex husband) EP possibly thought how clever she has been.
Now her legal costs will wipe away the cost of her properties.
Greed +++.

No wonder he decided to skip lunch that day. I am amazed he didn’t warn his family or maybe he did and they went anyway.

What a sad case of circumstances that she had made multiple attempts at this before and then she punished the wrong people.

IMO
If he warned them I imagine they didn't believe him.

From an article on
August 10:

“Ms Patterson's ex-partner Simon Patterson has now claimed through a family source that his former wife also tried to poison him when the couple were together.

"Simon suspected he had been poisoned by Erin," a source told The Herald Sun.

"There were times he had felt... a bit off and it coincided when he spent time with her."

That source also suggested the attempted poisoning was through nightshade plants, which includes vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicums and eggplants.

Nightshade plants contain a small amount of poisonous alkaloids and may be fatal to humans if congested in high concentrations.”

I don't think he would have gone to the police even before the lunch but he certainly had made the connection before he went to the hospital but possibly as soon as he knew his parents were ill.

But I can't help wondering about why he didn't share his suspicions about Erin to his parents and warn them not to have lunch at Erin's that day. .
Possibly thought that her agenda was against him only?

From an article on August 10:

“Ms Patterson's ex-partner Simon Patterson has now claimed through a family source that his former wife also tried to poison him when the couple were together.

"Simon suspected he had been poisoned by Erin," a source told The Herald Sun.

"There were times he had felt... a bit off and it coincided when he spent time with her."

That source also suggested the attempted poisoning was through nightshade plants, which includes vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicums and eggplants.

Nightshade plants contain a small amount of poisonous alkaloids and may be fatal to humans if congested in high concentrations.”

(Greened by me) That suggests to me that he didn't suspect her of causing the illness for which he was hospitalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo