Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The further three attempted murder charges relate to three separate incidents in Victoria between 2021 and 2022.

Police allege a 48-year-old Korumburra man – believed to be Erin’s ex-husband Simon Patterson – became ill after meals on these dates.

Good grief. Three times!

Is it any wonder he didn't attend the July 29 dinner?

Personally, one dose of food poisoning would have me concerned, let alone going back for two more. Crazy.

If it's true, I wonder what she used. Same or different?

The further three attempted murder charges relate to three separate incidents in Victoria between 2021 and 2022.

Police allege a 48-year-old Korumburra man – believed to be Erin’s ex-husband Simon Patterson – became ill after meals on these dates.

Good grief. Three times!

Is it any wonder he didn't attend the July 29 dinner?

Personally, one dose of food poisoning would have me concerned, let alone going back for two more. Crazy.

I am guessing when you have children with a ex wife you believe the best In them. The fact he cancelled the fatal lunch means he must of started to get suspicious IMO.

Good job to the police! Good to see they've been able to charge her now.

The hard work is ahead: the prosecution has to prove murder beyond reasonable doubt. The old means, motive and opportunity.

Will be interesting to see if the charges get downgraded to manslaughter up the track, with some sort of plea deal.

(I'm assuming she's guilty. I formed the opinion that she's a liar right from the get go.)

I am guessing when you have children with a ex wife you believe the best In them. The fact he cancelled the fatal lunch means he must of started to get suspicious IMO.

I guess that depends on why they are "ex".

Husband is quoted as saying in relation to the dehydrator "Is that what you poisoned them with". Recall that he also had what he termed a near death experience from poisoning.

I suspect the other alleged murder attempts involved other poisons. The symptoms of Amatoxin are distinctive and do not match the description of the one hospitalization of husband Simon that was reported in the press.
All of the attempted murder relate to Simon. From what has already been released, they weren’t necessarily from toxic mushrooms, just poisoning via ingestion.

The hard work is ahead: the prosecution has to prove murder beyond reasonable doubt. The old means, motive and opportunity.

Will be interesting to see if the charges get downgraded to manslaughter up the track, with some sort of plea deal.

(I'm assuming she's guilty. I formed the opinion that she's a liar right from the get go.)
I’m going to suggest that they have enough irrefutable evidence on the murders that they are in the bag. The attempted murders will be the ones they will need to work for.

I think the other one would be Simon too, for the recent occasion when he didn't turn up.

Yes, The Age says that VICPOL said the murder charges and two of the attempted murder charges relate to the lunch in Leongatha.

I’m going to suggest that they have enough irrefutable evidence on the murders that they are in the bag.

I'm not inclined to predict case outcomes with any degree of certainty. So called water-tight cases can fail on legal technicalities.

As the saying goes: the opera ain't over til the fat lady sings.

H
Will be interesting tk learn if she’s been under surveillance since the beginning. Like collecting her trash, following her
Having been very close to a police investigation in the past, I think there is absolutely no doubt she has been heavily surveilled following the lunch. And I’m talking about all sorts of surveillance - inside and outside of the home, the car, phone, internet. The works.

IMO - It’s hardly a fishing edition since she’s now been charged with murder. MOO

Actually charging could probably scare some people into revealing themselves, but some people get scared into making a false confession.

Tough luck if it turns out she didn't set out to kill anyone.

So it is kind of fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member