Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, wasn't she questioned a few months ago, then the press release that her lawyers screened beforehand? What is the difference between formal questioning and being questioned after you've been arrested?

I have never heard of technology detector dogs before, have you? What role do they play?
Thanks Amalgam for the link to an article about these dogs. Apparently, these dogs can find hidden mobile phones, USBs, SIM cards and SD cards.

I'm confused, wasn't she questioned a few months ago, then the press release that her lawyers screened beforehand? What is the difference between formal questioning and being questioned after you've been arrested?
I guess when you are arrested you get taken into custody, so I would assume she is currently in police custody being questioned.

As far as we know Erin was never formally questioned by LE.

What happened was that she initially told LE “No comment” then on approximately August 13 or 14 released a statement to the media that was allegedly given to LE in order to set the record straight and so that people could better understand what happened in hopes of not thinking she was an “evil witch.”

The Deputy Police Commissioner was angry over the media link and made it clear the statement was not an official police statement.

Why her lawyers chose that strategy is puzzling since as noted above EP’s law firm representing her is supposedly a high powered firm.
So as far as we know Erin has never been formally questioned by LE in person, all that’s only been given LE was the written statement taken by her own lawyers.

I'm shocked, wasn't expecting any updates for a while. This is a huge update and no doubt will reignite my interest in the case. No charges laid as of yet, we shall see. IMO but an arrest wouldn't just happen over nothing.

People have been arrested before in other cases which did turn out to be over nothing.
Time will tell if anything comes of this.

The public is expecting something to be done...

Summary of press conference:
- EP's property is still in the process of being searched, including with the assistance of technology sniffing dogs from the AFP (Australian Federal Police).
- Once that has been completed, EP will be interviewed from detectives from the Homicide Squad.
- No charges yet.
- Notes that the investigation has had significant media interest.
- Police will give updates when possible.
- Police are calling for people to refrain from speculation regarding this case so as not to adversely impact the investigation.
- Remember that at the heart of the investigation are three deaths, and that such a tragedy will be deeply felt in close-knit, small communities.

I think that's about it, happy to be corrected on other points.

edited post to include quotes from Detective Inspector Dean Thomas from the Guardian live blog:
Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 1.23.57 pm.png

Last edited:
As far as we know Erin was never formally questioned by LE.

What happened was that she initially told LE “No comment” then on approximately August 13 or 14 released a statement to the media that was allegedly given to LE in order to set the record straight and so that people could better understand what happened in hopes of not thinking she was an “evil witch.”

The Deputy Police Commissioner was angry over the media link and made it clear the statement was not an official police statement.

Why her lawyers chose that strategy is puzzling since as noted above EP’s law firm representing her is supposedly a high powered firm.
So as far as we know Erin has never been formally questioned by LE in person, all that’s only been given LE was the written statement taken by her own lawyers.

I believe she did answer a few questions. For example, she lied and claimed that she had disposed of the dehydrator a long time before the lunch. I'm not sure how formal that initial questioning was.

But then she quickly clammed up and refused to comment further, supposedly at the behest of her original attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie