Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EP: Good to see you...Here, would you like an hors'd oerve ?

ME: Aw, no thank you, I ate dinner before I came....:oops:

The one thing I will say is ( if guilty she may not be) she doesn’t seem to be a threat to the wider community. She seemed to have very specific aims in who she wanted to hurt.

I still wouldn’t trust her near Mushrooms though :D - best not to tempt fate.

MOO

Wow. Yeah I wouldn’t have thought she’d be a threat to anyone apart from Simon, but according to police vehicles charged her with three murders of people who weren’t Simon, she was.

Having RSVPd I certainly would not be cancelling at the last minute! That’s for darn sure. Wouldn’t want to upset anyone.

Ps. I wasn’t invited

I'd like to know how they know it was hidden.

I have stuff packed away in all kinds of places, all kinds of technology, old phones, laptops, drives etc.
Just because they're not out on a desk or shelf doesn't automatically mean they are hidden.
Some of my old stuff even used to be in a shed, and an old house.
TF, with respect, it’s fine for you to do that.

Or for any or is to store our technology in a way that we choose, but I suppose when one is a person of interest in a murder investigation, I suppose the impetus is on them to be helpful to police and not to conceal anything that might be evidence, when asked to produce such items.

Not that I’m saying Erin concealed anything. I have no idea if she did or if she didn’t.

Maybe the police didn’t ask her for all of her devices until they raided her home? Jmo

IMO

Last edited:
I was just wondering if she may have had advance notice that it was likely her last day and night at home.
Would her lawyers be told ahead of time ?

I don't know if her lawyers got the heads-up (because next morning the police brought in a technology dog to find things they may not have wanted moved), but I would say that SP probably got the heads-up and was able to shield the children as best as he could ... seeing that he is not home.

imo

I don't know if her lawyers got the heads-up (because next morning the police brought in a technology dog to find things they may not have wanted moved), but I would say that SP probably got the heads-up and was able to shield the children as best as he could ... seeing that he is not home.

imo

Could you give her the heads up because she would be a flight risk?

It makes perfect sense Simon was told so he could take the children away and protect them to the best of his abilities. I highly doubt the man poisoned 4 times by his ex wife would tip her off so LE wouldn’t be concerned there IMO

Could you give her the heads up because she would be a flight risk?

It makes perfect sense Simon was told so he could take the children away and protect them to the best of his abilities. I highly doubt the man poisoned 4 times by his ex wife would tip her off so LE wouldn’t be concerned there IMO
She was unaware it would be her last as a free woman before her arrest.

Erin Patterson held a party the night before her arrest
BBM

I am curious to see what others think about this video interview with Erin.

How do you find her body language? I believe this interview may have been from a while back, it seems to be popping up in other recent reports again.

- quite a few things looked to not be genuine though, as they say, everyone grieves differently…

-covering face with hands and wiping eyes then actually looking at hand to see if there are tears
- The rehearsed statement where she needs to think about who is still alive in hospital and who died
-blubbing fake crying with eyes closed
- “like a mother to me” because mine died seems a bit of poor me, rather than poor victim

She has a lot of serious poor me and I’m the victim, look I’m so sad I have to remove my glasses, wipe and close my eyes.
There is no concern about victims, their actual families, their illness, no Outrage for poison in the shops. No concern that other customers might die.
She should be shouting - don’t eat mushrooms!!!! The police need to be closing shops !!! IMO

I haven't seen the source of that knowledge in any article I've read.

But I may have missed where that was said or if the journalists just thought she may have been unaware.
I think she may have known.
It’s right here:

“She was unaware it would be her last as a free woman before her arrest.”

Erin Patterson held a party the night before her arrest

It’s a free article and I’ve quoted it word for word from the article.

An intervention usually happens when an outside group or individual asks to join an already existing conflict. Intervenors usually have a stake in the outcome of the case and want to help their side win. So, imo, one person or group initiates the intervention and another asks for a mediator, usually an individual.

I haven't seen the source of that knowledge in any article I've read.

But I may have missed where that was said or if the journalists just thought she may have been unaware.
I think she may have known.
I can’t find any other article reporting that she was “unaware“ of anything about being arrested. Possibly a smart move for counsel to initiate? So much goes on in the background.

Erin, if guilty, isn't a serial killer though--the deaths are all from a single episode.

The thing is, is there verifiable evidence that EP was poorly herself or not?

Because if she actually wasn't, then potentially the meal at her house could be ruled out as the single source of poisoning. Obviously she's said and done things that appear to be signs of guilt but we don't know enough about her and her state of mind. To my observation there's at least one other person who could potentially have motive to wipe out all four of the other people and frame EP for being the culprit. I'm guessing that LE have already 'gone there' and explored that suspicion. Also I'm guessing forensics have found a direct link to DC mushrooms and EP - ie the dehydrator or from tests and substances they took from her home at the time of the deaths.

If there's no direct link of DC mushrooms to EP and no verified evidence that she herself was slightly poorly, there's still a space for this episode to have occurred to all four elsewhere, either before or after the lunch (intentionally or unintentionally) .

JMO MOO I do imagine LE have got a lot of evidence in order to charge and detain her.

She might have overspent on her new build, or on buying property & related expenses or just still angry about SP not loading the dishwasher.

Well true but anyone 'rich' in property can liquidise an asset or borrow against the value at any time so I am not feeling poverty or debts was her motive, if she has done this.

I can’t find any other article reporting that she was “unaware“ of anything about being arrested. Possibly a smart move for counsel to initiate? So much goes on in the background.
I think it's pretty standard for police to not alert suspects of impending arrest, to try and avoid unpleasant actions potential arrestees may take if they know the knock is coming (homicide, suicide, escape, kidnapping, hostage taking, armed standoff, destruction of evidence, just to name a few...)

MOO

An intervention usually happens when an outside group or individual asks to join an already existing conflict. Intervenors usually have a stake in the outcome of the case and want to help their side win. So, imo, one person or group initiates the intervention and another asks for a mediator, usually an individual.

IMO intervention (if that's what it was) involving the two parents and their close friends of the sparring party (ex/husband) could be perceived as extremely bullying. We don't know how pushy or bullish they were about making this arrangement and although they were 'like family to her' their first and foremost loyalty is to their beloved son. I can't imagine anyone is too fond of their son's ex if they've heard all the stories...

We don't know enough about EP or her circumstances but honestly, in dynamic terms, when the opposing party comes into your home with four of their closest allies to 'discuss' (ie confront) a conflict and you are on your own with no other support, that's terrifyingly unsettling. If she was a friend or family member of mine, I'd have insisted she take professional advice and have an advocate and friend with her at the very least.

I wonder if she audio recorded or secretly CCTV recorded the meal? I would!

JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member