Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I misplaced a iPad in the house - it wouldn't turn up in the manhole ceiling of my place. JMO
Or under floorboards/carpet. IMO
Or buried under a plant in the backyard. JMO

Maybe you would stash cash or jewellery in an obscure place - deliberately - possibly?? MOO

But would you have an obscure place for a iPad?? MOO

Misplaced or unaccounted for still would need to make some kind of logical sense of how it would be there? IMO

How would you explain it acccidently ended up under the lemon tree? MOO

But why hide them?
What secrets are hidden?
If the wall writing thing is something weird maybe she could be worried about the kids internet footprint and browsing history? Or her own?

But also she used to be an air traffic controller. She could just have a paranoid personality.

Or as @TootsieFootsie sensibly points out, they weren't hidden at all.

Reading the so called latest is like deja vu.
It was news about the finding of the said to be "hidden" devices months ago.

I remember posting at the time that what was considered hiding may just have been storing them.
in a random drawer or packed away somewhere.

Re a device found in a bush. It coud have ended up there by one of kids or the dog playing with it.

Surely no adult human would think that was a good place to hide something from the police.
That would be a good place if you wanted to make sure it was found. In my opinion.

Also the surprise at having 5 Ipads. Many families would have that many or more. These kind of items are used for what seems not that long, before the new model comes out.

Not everyone gets rid of their old device. I have all of my old mobile phones, a stack of them.
Numerous other devices. Heaps of laptops, many still working.

Gone are the days when only one person in the house had a device like a computer, or one phone in the house.

My goodness if the police ever ask me for all my devices for some reason, I hope they bring a truck! it's quite hilarious imagining them trying to access all my old broken ewaste that I hoard.

Last edited:
If I misplaced a iPad in the house - it wouldn't turn up in the manhole ceiling of my place. JMO
Or under floorboards/carpet. IMO
Or buried under a plant in the backyard. JMO

Maybe you would stash cash or jewellery in an obscure place - deliberately - possibly?? MOO

But would you have an obscure place for a iPad?? MOO

Misplaced or unaccounted for still would need to make some kind of logical sense of how it would be there? IMO

Maybe the dog or the kids buried something

I had a dog who loved burying stuff

Kids love playing in sandpits and mud. The backyard of every house with kids is like a graveyard of various plastic cr*p

I have some digital storage in safe places because it's a backup of photos etc
I really need to get more organised so there is other digital junk in there too
Oh and crypto wallets need to be secure

e-Devices. EP Did Not Provide to LE? Search Warrant?
Quite a stash, and not a good look if they were secreted in the bush.
@JBowie Sorry, I could not read the new article in the Guardian; I just got 404 message on the other one that @dm799 linked.

WHERE were the e-devices found? I can imagine some being kinda-sorta plainly visible on a table or counter and some tucked away in a drawer or a closet/cupboard, maybe even in a safe. But were some actually buried outside???

On earlier search, did LE have a search WARRANT?
If not, I can understand a person in EP's shoes - even if entirely innocent - might not be inclined to provide e-devices which may have very personal data entirely unrelated to any crim charges.

IIUC, LE had a SW for the more recent Nov. visit to house.
Not saying, suggesting, or implying that EP is guilty of any crime.

Glad that LE's special doggo's :) were on the job.

@JBowie Sorry, I could not read the new article in the Guardian; I just got 404 message on the other one that @dm799 linked.
I couldn't read it or the paywalled one either. Luckily the dailymail have stolen their reporting and posted it publicly as usual. Thanks DM

Who needs FIVE iPads?

That I understand very well. It makes zero sense to buy, say, old phones through cellular network companies because: a) the phones you return cost more than the provider offers; 2) the cellular network providers don't allow you to pay for the newer gadgets at once, they spread the cost over two years, so you have to stay with the company for two years. Same with iPads. So if my kid wanted a newer iPad, I'd buy it online and keep the old one. (Especially if i plan to migrate to another network provider.) EP has two kids who are probably into frequently changing ipads for newer ones especially if they like to draw.

That I understand very well. It makes zero sense to buy, say, old phones through cellular network companies because: a) the phones you return cost more than the provider offers; 2) the cellular network providers don't allow you to pay for the newer gadgets at once, they spread the cost over two years, so you have to stay with the company for two years. Same with iPads. So if my kid wanted a newer iPad, I'd buy it online and keep the old one. (Especially if i plan to migrate to another network provider.) EP has two kids who are probably into frequently changing ipads for newer ones especially if they like to draw.

They had the wall to draw on if that need struck them :D

What is a “micro secure digital card”?
*worded a bit different:
A Micro Secure Digital slot (MicroSD slot) is a small expansion slot located in mobile and other portable devices. It facilitates the increase of available memory via the insertion of a MicroSD card.

MicroSD, MiniSD and SD are industry standard storage platforms governed by the Secure Digital Association (SD Association). A number of different hardware manufacturers have adopted this standard as a non-volatile data storage medium

Maybe hiding them - due to the search information that could be revealed on them? Just wondering? JMO

OK, "hiding" is questionable.

To me: buying a huge bag of semolina or rice and keeping ipads there is "hiding".
Buying a faux leather storage ottoman and keeping the ipads there is "storing"; same if you keep them stacked in a closet with clothes.

For LE, possibly, both would be hiding because they have to look for them.

For the tabloids, everything would be "hiding".

OK, "hiding" is questionable.

To me: buying a huge bag of semolina or rice and keeping ipads there is "hiding".
Buying a faux leather storage ottoman and keeping the ipads there is "storing"; same if you keep them stacked in a closet with clothes.

For LE, possibly, both would be hiding because they have to look for them.

For the tabloids, everything would be "hiding".
Police had already searched the house and there were some devices they did not find.

Erin was at the house when they first searched it. That’s the day they arrested her. She could have helped them and told them where her devices were.

The additional digital devices mentioned in the article were found by specially trained police dogs as the police did not find those devices the first time. Now, police are trained to search. So, why didn’t police find those devices the first time? Why didn’t take specially trained dogs to find them?

Where were they hidden?

All imo

Also, news reports mentioned when this case first broke that Erin was a stay-at-home mum. Both of her kids were school age. What was she doing during the day? What secrets was she keeping?

All imo

WHERE were the e-devices found? I can imagine some being kinda-sorta plainly visible on a table or counter and some tucked away in a drawer or a closet/cupboard, maybe even in a safe. But were some actually buried outside???

Although the DM's headline -- in its typical slipshod manner -- says "inside the home", various MSM reports from last year say that the dogs roamed the property for around 6 hours. Here's a quoted bit from The Age. Note the sentence that I have bolded:

[the dogs] spent several hours searching the house and the land surrounding the property, including Patterson’s car, a garage, outdoor furniture, and a meter box located on the back deck. An armchair and bushes close to the house received particularly close attention from the canines. [bbm]

-- The Age, November 2, 2023

Snipped.

I'm trying to follow along and I've read all the links that are still working, but where does it say that the iPads were found under a lemon tree? Or anywhere in the outdoors? Can someone point me to the article? All the ones I've looked at just list the various items that the two dogs found but don't indicate where they were found.

IMO, it makes a huge difference to know where exactly these electronics were located. Buried in the backyard is very different than found in a box at the back of a closet.

[the dogs] spent several hours searching the house and the land surrounding the property, including Patterson’s car, a garage, outdoor furniture, and a meter box located on the back deck. An armchair and bushes close to the house received particularly close attention from the canines. [bbm]
I understand that the dogs sniffed some bushes, but no where does it say that they found something there. I suspect the reporters just mentioned those things because they could actually see the dogs in action only when they were outside the residence. In fact, if the electronics were found under the bushes, the reporters should have been able to see them being dug up.

Snipped.

I'm trying to follow along and I've read all the links that are still working, but where does it say that the iPads were found under a lemon tree? Or anywhere in the outdoors? Can someone point me to the article? All the ones I've looked at just list the various items that the two dogs found but don't indicate where they were found.

IMO, it makes a huge difference to know where exactly these electronics were located. Buried in the backyard is very different than found in a box at the back of a closet.

I understand that the dogs sniffed some bushes, but no where does it say that they found something there. I suspect the reporters just mentioned those things because they could actually see the dogs in action only when they were outside the residence. In fact, if the electronics were found under the bushes, the reporters should have been able to see them being dug up.
Sorry - I may have went on a bit of a vent - apologies JMO

I just jumped to the conclusion that she must have stored the devices - in a very unusual place. MOO

I thought this due to the Police Investigators having already searched her premises, in addition to asking EP to handover relevant items. Police had initially not retrieved all these items later found by this specially trained dog team. IMO

So I assumed (and then went under the lemon tree - being sarcastic) why would you store them in an obscure place that Police would not have initially come across. But maybe I give the police more ability level than they deserve. Maybe this bunch weren't very apt at finding things. JMO

But I agree with Ellery84 - the phone and SD card is probably what they really needed the Dogs to find because they are much smaller items and maybe more significant in what they reveal. But this is just my opinion. MOO

Apologies again - if I led you to believe that there was information pertaining to a Lemon Tree. Just my quirky sense of humour on overdrive. IMO

Sorry - I may have went on a bit of a vent - apologies JMO

I just jumped to the conclusion that she must have stored the devices - in a very unusual place. MOO

I thought this due to the Police Investigators having already searched her premises, in addition to asking EP to handover relevant items. Police had initially not retrieved all these items later found by this specially trained dog team. IMO

So I assumed (and then went under the lemon tree - being sarcastic) why would you store them in an obscure place that Police would not have initially come across. But maybe I give the police more ability level than they deserve. Maybe this bunch weren't very apt at finding things. JMO

But I agree with Ellery84 - the phone and SD card is probably what they really needed the Dogs to find because they are much smaller items and maybe more significant in what they reveal. But this is just my opinion. MOO

Apologies again - if I led you to believe that there was information pertaining to a Lemon Tree. Just my quirky sense of humour on overdrive. IMO
Thanks @nightrider17. I wasn't intending to call your post out specifically. It was just the most recent, but there were a few posts suggesting that the electronics equipment was found outdoors. I just couldn't find a source and I wasn't sure where it was coming from.

What I think happened is the report about the dogs sniffing around a bush was conflated with the one about the dogs finding electronics. I think the journalist who wrote that piece was just trying to add some color by noting that the dogs paid "particular attention" to the foliage. In fact the electronics couldn't have been buried there since the bush was visible to the on-scene reporters and they would have seen if anything was found in that vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lybravyrgo