Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A prominent local businesswoman — who has been keeping a file of press cuttings from day one — told the Mail this week she speculated that there was 'something wrong' almost as soon as news of the deaths broke.

'How is it that she invites them in for lunch, they all fall sick but there's nothing wrong with her? She didn't eat the mushrooms — and why on earth would that be? Did she just stand around while her guests got on with eating?"

I also agree that the father is a “victim” but according to MSM, the couple’s children have been ‘taken into care’ which suggests to me that the children were not placed in the care of their father. IMO.

To me, this makes me think, well perhaps the police are exploring a range of scenarios.

All JMO.
"Those two children were taken to hospital as a precaution and have been removed from their mother's care."

It says removed from their mother's care, not taken into care.

Pay-walled article in The Australian gives some details about EP.

Paraphrasing:

She is shy and prefers anonymity. Likes to cook. Described as naive.

Ex-husband Simon also liked to keep to himself.

Her mother who died in 2019 left her money. EP owns properties worth about $2 million.

Her children are around high school age.

Police knew to look for the dehydrator, which was found in the tip 15km from her house.

The toxicology reports are yet to be released.

VIC law has a recklessness test, which may apply:

Last edited:
Pay-walled article in The Australian gives some details about EP.

Paraphrasing:

She is shy and prefers anonymity. Likes to cook. Described as naive.

Ex-husband Simon also liked to keep to himself.

Her mother died in 2019 left her money. EP owns properties worth about $2 million.

Her children are around high school age.

Police knew to look for the dehydrator, which was found in the tip 15km from her house.

The toxicology reports are yet to be released.

VIC law has a recklessness test, which may apply:

"Police knew to look for the dehydrator, which was found in the tip 15km from her house."

Lots of photos, that really give you a feel of what the town is like.

Plus interviews with locals.

One person was one of the local children who was kidnapped in 1977 along with other school children and their teacher.

Faraday is said to be on the outskirts of Leongatha.

Last edited:
I also agree that the father is a “victim” but according to MSM, the couple’s children have been ‘taken into care’ which suggests to me that the children were not placed in the care of their father. IMO.

To me, this makes me think, well perhaps the police are exploring a range of scenarios.

All JMO.
I’m pretty sure earlier articles indicated that Simon is in rehabilitation for the possible poisoning he suffered. This may be why he doesn’t have the kids

'I've had community members phone me this week and say, 'I've heard Ian needs a transplant … and I want to be a donor so what can I do',' Ms Keerie told ABC.

'You don't get that often that people are willing to donate a part of their body to save the life of someone else but that is the type of people they were.

'That is the calibre of people they were and their contributions to the community.'

If it's a liver (rather than kidney) transplant that's required, then in most cases the healthy liver will come from an organ donor who has just died.

It's not clear how they knew that. IMO either she told them that she'd thrown a dehydrator out, or a tip employee somehow spotted it and put two and two together.
I don't think she would have told them, when she wasn't being honest about where she sourced the mushrooms. I would guess that it was an employee at the tip.

I’m pretty sure earlier articles indicated that Simon is in rehabilitation for the possible poisoning he suffered. This may be why he doesn’t have the kids

'I can walk and do all the normal daily functions myself, however my left shoulder in particular is very weak.'

The Patterson's neighbour tod [sic] Daily Mail Australia Simon had been living with his parents while recovering from that illness.

It kind of reminds me of the Adelaide woman who poisoned her elderly parents (about 94 years old) a year apart.

The poisoning - I think it may have been insulin?.

It appears the first poisoning nothing was attributed to her but after the second one a year later to her other parent with the same method it was investigated further and her being accused of deliberately doing it.

If EP's ex was her first trial at doing this method of poisoning without it raising any thoughts or links to her it then gave her the confidence to do it again. MOO

'I can walk and do all the normal daily functions myself, however my left shoulder in particular is very weak.'

The Patterson's neighbour tod [sic] Daily Mail Australia Simon had been living with his parents while recovering from that illness.

A neighbour of Gail and Don Patterson told Daily Mail Australia that Simon had lived with his parents after splitting with his wife, but moved out late last year.

Moved out from his parents', I take that to mean.

It kind of reminds me of the Adelaide woman who poisoned her elderly parents (about 94 years old) a year apart.

The poisoning - I think it may have been insulin?.

It appears the first poisoning nothing was attributed to her but after the second one a year later to her other parent with the same method it was investigated further and her being accused of deliberately doing it.

If EP's ex was her first trial at doing this method of poisoning without it raising any thoughts or links to her it then gave her the confidence to do it again. MOO

I tend to think there's been other victims of her 'cooking', like family pets and children with mysterious illnesses over the years. JMO.

A neighbour of Gail and Don Patterson told Daily Mail Australia that Simon had lived with his parents after splitting with his wife, but moved out late last year.

That means that Simon has been living independently in one of Erin's houses for at least nine months.

That means that Simon has been living independently in one of Erin's houses for at least nine months.
JLZ, all I did was the maths......

You claimed neighbour of his parents told Daily Mail Simon moved out late last year.

It's August now so that's eight months into this year then add a month as it was late last year EQUALS ABOUT NINE MONTHS

SO I CONCLUDED FROM WHAT YOU SAID, that Simon must have been living in one of Erin's houses for at least nine months.

JLZ, all I did was the maths......

You claimed neighbour of his parents told Daily Mail Simon moved out late last year.

It's August now so that's eight months into this year then add a month as it was late last year EQUALS ABOUT NINE MONTHS

SO I CONCLUDED FROM WHAT YOU SAID, that Simon must have been living in one of Erin's houses for at least nine months.
I mean, how do you know he's been living in one of Erin's houses? As opposed to a house of his own, or one he's renting, or sharing, or something. The article said they'd been living in separate houses for years before they 'broke up'. Maybe what breaking up meant was that he went from living in an Erin-house to a place he organized for himself. I'm curious . . . I think it makes him more vulnerable perhaps, not to have his housing sorted independently of his ex-wife and his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim