Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't referring to her children in this case. I was just putting ideas out there, but I don't think this is the case.

The children have been removed from her care as a result of this.
I was also putting out there that you could have Munchausen by Proxy with adult victims, for example, in-laws.

I wonder if they had a say in where they wanted to go if they couldn't be with their mother.

Usually it's with another family member.
Grandparents of course is not possible :(

But there's the father and aunts and uncles.
Yes, those poor kids now have no grandparents left at all. If (and I'm still far from convinced) EP is guilty of removing them, there was no consideration of her kids at all.

Perhaps she cooked the Beef Wellington to impress her husband.
I cooked a meal once for an ex, in an attempt to show I still cared. (A mistake I won't ever make again.)

But then her husband decided not to attend...

She may also have wanted to impress the pastor, maybe help him be on her side. Maybe subconsciously.

Just ideas/ IMO.
IMO she bought a packaged Beef Wellington and sneaked mushroom powder into it. All she'd have to do is slit the top or make an "air hole". We haven't had any news that she was a good cook, and why would you do Beef Wellington if you weren't a good cook? It's not an easy dish. But it's easy to buy ready-made! Also, it's very suitable for inserting powdery substances, because of all its flavorings, etc. You couldn't for instance, as easily insert powdery substances into a store-bought quiche.

Yes, maybe. But wouldn't it be better and more natural to let the kids and their grandparents enjoy the lunch together (in today's world, that's one of the few times you can get a teenager away from their phone to exchange a few words), and then let the teens go back to their rooms to carry on doing what teens do.
If the topic was trying to convince my in laws that I was worthy of their son, there is no way I would want my children of any age there during the discussion. .

It almost sounds like she was put on trial to defend herself :(

This case is the first time ever I've heard Beef Wellington described as a pie.

Never before have I heard it described as Beef Wellington Pie, but it seems it's developed a new name through this case.

The name of the dish is Beef Wellington, or sometimes Boeuf Wellington, not Beef Wellington Pie.

Older recipes have it as Boeuf Wellington.
I've always thought Beef Wellington has a crust, and I've only ever had it that way. Since the beginning of (my) time. ;)

About her wiping of her eyes and examining her hands after each wipe, it's not really consistent with a person who would cover their face with their whole hands when crying because they are embarrassed about the contortions of their face when crying in front of others. Speaking for myself, I think it is eye blocking, a reason to hide her eyes, and to hide the fact that there are not many tears flowing and to exaggerate any small drop of a tear that she has found. I think anyone crying and starting to have a runny nose, in front of TV crews, would rummage for a tissue in their bag, instead of using their hand. The crying all seems like a bit of a charade.

JMO
She also pushes the hair behind her ears when a 'crying' bout is about to commence. This seems not realistic at all to me. I don't think you stick your hair behind your ears and then cry. It looks weird, too, when she does it.

She also pushes the hair behind her ears when a 'crying' bout is about to commence. This seems not realistic at all to me. I don't think you stick your hair behind your ears and then cry. It looks weird, too, when she does it.
Oh yes you're right, that looks very odd, she does it for both ears. I'm trying to think when I do that, it almost feels like a preparation or clearing of the face for something imminent, where hair will get in the way.

It's interesting to watch the video with the sound off.

I think her extended gaze upwards, towards the heavens, looks designed to suggest something spiritual about her nature too, but it seems exaggerated to me. JMO

²
If the topic was trying to convince my in laws that I was worthy of their son, there is no way I would want my children of any age there during the discussion. .

It almost sounds like she was put on trial to defend herself :(

Yes, I meant that after the lunch the teens would go back to their rooms, and the serious discussion could begin.

A few days ago I did see an article where a friend was defending her.
The friend said she was kind and gentle and there was no way she would have done something like this.

It was behind a paywall
Well, I suppose I'm glad that she has someone to defend and support her - everyone else who might have isn't around anymore.

Yes, I meant that after the lunch the teens would go back to their rooms, and the serious discussion could begin.
Oh I see.

Sorry I misunderstood

Updated to say I read too quickly and I get what you meant now.
Meal first with all there, then kids to their rooms while the adults talk

Last edited:
In April this year, the Victorian Department of Health warned that eating just one death cap mushroom may kill an adult. Poisonous mushrooms, including death caps, occur in Victoria during autumn, as the weather becomes wetter and cooler.

“Death cap mushrooms can appear at any time of year but are more common a week or two after good rains. They have been found in the Canberra region, in and around Melbourne, in Tasmania and in Adelaide. They are not native to Australia and are often found near oak trees growing in warm wet weather,” said Cathy Moir.

“Death cap mushrooms are difficult to distinguish from some other wild mushrooms so we recommend you play it safe and only eat mushrooms that you have purchased from a supermarket, greengrocer or other reputable source.”
Death cap mushrooms. A beef wellington pie is believed to be the lunchtime dish that left three people dead and one fighting for his life from a suspected poisoning.

A beef wellington pie was the lunchtime dish that is believed to have left three people dead and one fighting for his life from a suspected mushroom poisoning, according to a source familiar with the situation.

1691768005997.jpeg
The sighting comes as a close friend of Erin's ex-husband Simon Patterson - who was invited to the fateful gathering but pulled out at the last minute - told Daily Mail Australia that Mr Patterson had been left questioning a mystery stomach illness last year that almost claimed his life

Lol are y’all forgetting he almost died last year?
If his wife has all this cash, why would they be in cahoots together to kill his family?
He’s a victim.
I also agree that the father is a “victim” but according to MSM, the couple’s children have been ‘taken into care’ which suggests to me that the children were not placed in the care of their father. IMO.

To me, this makes me think, well perhaps the police are exploring a range of scenarios.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member