Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she made her food and children's food first.

Then proceeded to make the dish for the guests using the poisonous mushrooms - no cross contamination likely. MOO
Because of the preparation time involved in making beef wellington, I would not be at all surprised if she prepared that meal the day/night before, or very early on the day of the lunch. Her and her kids might have had a previously frozen meal of some kind. It does seem very odd that she didn't have the same meal though.What would she have said as a reason I wonder? Did she have the same meal, but without mushrooms?

I wonder if she was a good cook and liked trying new dishes? Did she ever attend cooking classes?
"By emerging accounts from residents in the largely Christian rural town of Leongatha, Ms Patterson was a harmless - though distant and somewhat odd - person who liked to cook, was a good mother and, as a neighbour described to The Australian, was naive and 'into unicorns'."

"By emerging accounts from residents in the largely Christian rural town of Leongatha, Ms Patterson was a harmless - though distant and somewhat odd - person who liked to cook, was a good mother and, as a neighbour described to The Australian, was naive and 'into unicorns'."
naive and into unicorns. Right.

And magic and poison .......
and fairy tales
Sleeping beauty for example. Poisonous apple.

Does gel.

moo

In case E is innocent, surely husband should hush his mouth a little bit and stick only disclosing what he knows to detectives?

These people have children together and as yet we have zero facts.

Yes she's a suspect, surely any of us would be suspect in the same circumstance?

I sure wouldn't jump to suspecting anyone in my family, unless there's a history of strange things happening to people in that person's life. It didn't surprise me in the least that the husband may be a victim and it won't surprise me either if more incidents involving others bubble to the surface. I hope she's never worked in a care home or a hospital. JMO.

It's possible that she did use store bought mushrooms and then added death caps in a powdered form or otherwise to the victims meals. Perhaps she did just intend to make them sick, rather than die? Personally, I find the coincidence of her husband mysteriously getting sick last year and almost dying of a mystery illness that affected him the way it did, just too suspicious. :confused:

Manchausens has crossed my mind a few times. Perhaps she did feel "needed" when her husbandwas quite ill.
We just don't know...

Manchausens has crossed my mind a few times. Perhaps she did feel "needed" when her husbandwas quite ill.
We just don't know...
I considered it. It's possible that she intended to make her in-laws etc, sick, so that she could support them through their illness and have more contact with her husband, but I've since discounted it. I believe that she tried to poison her ex last year. I also believe that she invited all of them to lunch on the 29th July with the intent of killing them. IMO.

I considered it. It's possible that she intended to make her in-laws etc, sick, so that she could support them through their illness and have more contact with her husband, but I've since discounted it. I believe that she tried to poison her ex last year. I also believe that she invited all of them to lunch on the 29th July with the intent of killing them. IMO.
Agree. It’s unlikely. MBP, which is now known as FDIA (factitious disorder imposed on another) is usually targeted towards the person’s child. To me imo it doesn’t fit the mould for most of the other criteria of FDIA either. Moo is that if guilty, it will come out that the intent was to kill.
I hope her kids have got a good support system, other relatives, friends etc. I really feel for them. What a mess.

Edit - spelling

Agree. It’s unlikely. MBP, which is now known as FDIA (factitious disorder imposed on another) is usually targeted towards the person’s child. To me imo it doesn’t fit the mould for most of the other criteria of FDIA either. Moo is that if guilty, it will come out that the intent was to kill.
I hope her kids have got a good support system, other relatives, friends etc. I really feel for them. What a mess.

Edit - spelling
I agree. I wonder if they're close to their father?

Also for her kids sake, I hope she tells the truth eventually. It will be a difficult relationship moving forward regardless, it will be even worse if they aren’t given the respect of the truth from their mother.

If she’s guilty of course imo

I'm curious...beef wellington isn't easy to prepare. Did EP always cook like this? If she did then, I might be less suspicious. Now if she was into canned, microwaved and frozen food, then out of the blue, she makes beef wellington, then that's very suspicious. (OK, this is sort of a joke from a person who hates to cook. There are have been cases where women hate to cook, then all of a sudden make this wonderful almond cake, with guess what?) Or they all of a sudden start making sweet tea for their tired husband after work (anti-freeze)ont
I don't find suddenly doing some "proper" cooking for guests at all suspicious. These days I've got pretty lazy with cooking, and having guests for a meal is about the only thing that does stir me to do some "proper cooking".

thank you for this link

I personally think this story has been a run away train and it's unlike WS members and the media to go so full pelt with a theory and accuse someone so openly like this.

It will be quite surprising and a bit laughable if the poison identified isn't anything to do with mushrooms and isn't the fault of E, after everything she's been put through.

Let's watch it unfold.
I'm not sure where exactly WS posters have gone beyond what LE have already done when they named a person of interest and said they were investigating whether the incident was homicide, and that mushrooms were a point of LE discussions?

I don't see any "full pelt with a theory" and "open accusations" that aren't in LE presentations. This is not ungrounded speculation.

Oh certainly she's declared a suspect and people can sleuth her if I'm understanding how WS works.

But in my observation, usually people are a bit more strict on ensuring 'information' is verified fact before running with it and here we have a whole story that's slightly got ahead of itself in my personal opinion, each to their own.

But I shall probably have a private and inappropriate giggle to myself if it turns out the four friends ate some random berries they picked earlier in the day or something. I once read a case of an elderly couple who were poisoned and it really went into far flung theories as to who was trying to murder them. What had actually happened is they'd foraged berries that they were convinced were blueberries, stored them in the freezer (which in this particular berry intesifies the poisonous quality), then baked them in a pie (which even more amplifies the toxicity) and eaten some of the pie months and months after they'd originally picked the berries. Anyway they survived but not until after tripping out for four days and they were found disheveled and dehydrated halucinating and running riot.
I'd like to see a source for that berry case...Sounds interesting.

She seems a planner to me. Such people might derive pleasure from planning and preparation itself.

"Daily Mail Australia can reveal Ms Patterson is a wealthy real estate owner, who invested wisely after inheriting money she received from the death of her parents in 2019.

Her estranged husband continues to live in a home in the town of Korumburra that is listed as being owned by his ex-wife.

'She's got like four or five properties and pays for them all with cash. She doesn't work. She just buys the houses with cash. She doesn't have a mortgage. She's cashed up. She's not stupid,' one source said.

It emerged yesterday that Simon spent 21 days in intensive care after collapsing at his home in May 2022."

So the questions that other people asked, how did her parents die? What was the cause of SP's illness? - remain valid. It surely sounds suspicious. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly