Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as she paid by card, her purchases can be verified no problem. And I think police will be able to access her bank records to check that out - as she is a POI/suspect and cooked the meal. They'll need to do that as part of the verification process.Moo
Just because a receipt can be shown for mushrooms doesn't mean they are the mushrooms consumed on the day.

If one is cunning enough to kill people this way they are cunning enough to think through the details and alibi's.

Possibly because she was so taken aback at his attack on her almost immediately..

You did not answer the question properly. What has being taken aback got to do with disposing of a food dehydrator if she was innocent? Its a non sequitur.

If she really did buy dehydrated mushrooms from an asian store then that food dehydrator should be totally irrelevant and no reason to be talking about it with her kids at a hospital with 4 friends dying.

Ms Patterson told police she used a combination of button mushrooms bought from a well-known supermarket chain, along with dried mushrooms bought from from an Asian grocery store in Melbourne several months earlier.

She was unable to provide further details about the Asian grocery store.

I'm picturing police going through her bank account transactions with a fine tooth comb, along with such questions as:

When exactly did you make the trip to Melbourne and what was the purpose of the trip?

Can't recall? Did you purchase fuel before or on the way? Let's check your fuel purchases for you to help you recall.

What else did you do while in Melbourne? Where else did you shop? Can't recall? Let's check your card purchases on or around the time to help you recall.

Here's a full list of the names and addresses of Asian grocery stores in Melbourne that are not too far from that "well-known supermarket chain". Let's go through it and see if you recall which one you shopped at.

sorry I'm tying to catch up and didn't notice when it was posted
no prob/

there's several new reports this morning

BBM, that's not what she said.

Ms Patterson said she was at the hospital with her children "discussing the food dehydrator" when her ex-husband, the son of the dead couple, asked: "Is that what you used to poison them?"

Worried that she might lose custody of the couple's children, Ms Patterson said she then panicked and dumped the dehydrator at the tip.

She wants her children to see more of their grandparents… yet on the day of their visit, they are at the cinema?

I’m not surprised that she she says can’t remember the exact store and that she bought the dried mushrooms months ago. All very convenient.

I’m not buying any of it.

You did not answer the question properly. What has being taken aback got to do with disposing of a food dehydrator if she was innocent? Its a non sequitur.

If she really did buy dehydrated mushrooms from an asian store then that food dehydrator should be totally irrelevant and no reason to be talking about it with her kids at a hospital with 4 friends dying.
TRY THIS

Ms Patterson told police she used a combination of button mushrooms bought from a well-known supermarket chain, along with dried mushrooms bought from from an Asian grocery store in Melbourne several months earlier.

She was unable to provide further details about the Asian grocery store.

I'm picturing police going through her bank account transactions with a fine tooth comb, along with such questions as:

When exactly did you make the trip to Melbourne and what was the purpose of the trip?

Can't recall? Did you purchase fuel before or on the way? Let's check your fuel purchases for you to help you recall.

What else did you do while in Melbourne? Where else did you shop? Can't recall? Let's check your card purchases on or around the time to help you recall.

Here's a full list of the names and addresses of Asian grocery stores in Melbourne that are not too far from that "well-known supermarket chain". Let's go through it and see if you recall which one you shopped at.

Erin must be one of those people who thinks ahead...

Erin Patterson, woman at centre of suspected Leongatha mushroom poisoning admits lying to police

The lies are stacking up. I feel an almost Groucho Marx (principles) moment coming on. Those are my lies, and if you don’t like them, well I have others.

I have read that and it does not answer what i asked you.
This is the post to which you responded.

Or, the food dehydrator could yield evidence that she was innocent. So why would the husband's verbal attack make her chuck it away?

well she would argue that she didn't want anyone else to become sick if the dehydrator had poison remnants inside it

but I see your raised eyebrow and also raise a side-eye
Right? Got rid of the dehydrator in case it contained traces of toxins, but still served her kids the beef Wellington with the mushroom duxelles scraped off. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper