Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? Got rid of the dehydrator in case it contained traces of toxins, but still served her kids the beef Wellington with the mushroom duxelles scraped off. Go figure.
To be fair, she wouldn't have known that first evening that the sickness was serious. And perhaps she hadn't started symptoms herself and didn't know about the others'.

Because this was a time for the adults to talk about Erin and Simon's relationship.

Makes perfect sense to me that no one would have wanted the children there at this time.
They couldn’t just have watched something on tv in another room, but still had a hug with their grandparents?

She needed them totally out of the way for their safety IMO.

On the various accounts given, I'm struggling to see what the mediation/intervention could have been about. She implies she didn't want to reconcile--she makes a point of saying she told Simon so last year. Simon, IIRC, is also reported as not wanting to reconcile. It's an amicable separation with the children having access to both parents. They had a good relationship with their grandparents and Erin was keen to facilitate that. What was the conflict?

yep
guilt and PANIC
It’s another hole in her stories. She said she supposedly gave samples of the meal up for testing, but then chucked the dehydrator. Why?

She said she bought dried funghi from the unidentified store - surely you wouldn’t put dried ones in the dehydrator? They are already dehydrated. So if traces are found in that piece of kit, who put them there?

Also, she was unwell enough to be hospitalised but somehow managed to get to the tip at some point soon after?

My opinion only, but I think it’s staring us in the face here.

They couldn’t just have watched something on tv in another room, but still had a hug with their grandparents?

She needed them totally out of the way for their safety IMO.
She maybe wouldn't have felt comfortable for them to possibly overhear herself being judged worthy or not.
There may have likely been some raised voices at a meal like this.

I would feel the exact same way.

No way I would take the chance of them hearing anyone saying if they thought I was worthy or good enough. How very demeaning.

To be fair, she wouldn't have known that first evening that the sickness was serious. And perhaps she hadn't started symptoms herself and didn't know about the others'.
Right, and I agree. But if she had poisoned them, on what planet would she serve the kids the same meal? Scraped off mushrooms or not?

If the kids genuinely ate leftover BW, it must have been a different one. Maybe she made two?

She maybe wouldn't have felt comfortable for them to possibly overhear herself being judged worthy or not.

No way I would take the chance of them hearing anyone saying if they thought I was worthy or good enough. How very demeaning.
Where is the info coming from that this was going to be a hard conversation or that Erin was or wasn't good enough please??

Because I have only seen Erin say these were the loveliest people and had only been very good to her.
Not that I buy what she is selling, but this is the only info I have seen about their dynamic.

These people are dead.
Its not very victim friendly to insinuate that they were difficult or contentious.

That is the demeaning thing going on here. Not factual IMO

It is demeaning and it is bootless. If they did decide she was worthy, they can't make Simon go back. I think we don't know what was going on there.

Where is the info coming from that this was going to be a hard conversation or that Erin was or wasn't good enough please??

Because I have only seen Erin say these were the loveliest people and had only been very good to her.
Not that I buy what she is selling, but this is the only info I have seen about their dynamic.

These people are dead.
Its not very victim friendly to insinuate that they were difficult or contentious.

It doesn’t add up. I read in an article upthread that she was the one to end the relationship with her ex. And she said she had maintained an amicable relationship with her in-laws.

So why would they be considering whether she’s ”worthy” or not anyway? For what?

It doesn’t add up. I read in an article upthread that she was the one to end the relationship with her ex. And she said she had maintained an amicable relationship with her in-laws.

So why would they be considering whether she’s ”worthy” or not anyway? For what?
Various angles have been reported by MSM in the last week. The source for the lunch being about mediation appears to have been a friend of SP though it's not clear IMO if other sources were also used. Apart from the brief statements to reporters camped on her door step, this today is the first detailed statement EP has released. Moo

I agree. ‘Worthy?’ They had 2 teenage kids together and were separated. What would be the point? Was the ex waiting around hanging to hear if his parents and Aunty thought she was worthy of getting back together with? I doubt it.

These people are dead.

It comes from MSM. If you read back here for the week between 6 Aug and now you'll see "a friend" of Simon Patterson is credited as the source Imoo.

It comes from MSM. If you read back here for the week between 6 Aug and now you'll see "a friend" of Simon Patterson is credited as the source Imoo.
A source close to Simon, who has not been out in public since the tragedy, told Daily Mail Australia his mate had no interest in getting back together with the mother of his two children.

'They went to her house for a mediation to talk to the family. Simon was supposed to go there for lunch, but he pulled out [at] the last minute. Otherwise he would be in that death bed too,' the friend said last week.

'The people who died, Gail, Don and the Wilkinsons, were talking to them because they're heavily ingrained with the church and they wanted to make sure she was right to resume a relationship with Simon... she was basically petitioning to get back with him and the family didn't think that was a good move.

'They basically didn't think she was good enough for him in their eyes.

'This wasn't just a lunch; it was an intervention with the pastor as mediator. That's why this lunch happened.'

On the various accounts given, I'm struggling to see what the mediation/intervention could have been about. She implies she didn't want to reconcile--she makes a point of saying she told Simon so last year. Simon, IIRC, is also reported as not wanting to reconcile. It's an amicable separation with the children having access to both parents. They had a good relationship with their grandparents and Erin was keen to facilitate that. What was the conflict?
We have Erin's public Statements, then we have the info disseminated through MSM via 'a friend' of Simon Patterson according to those articles. SP himself has made no public statements as far as I'm aware. It's up to readers IMo to decide what to believe at this point, what to take with half a bowl of salt or to reserve judgement until police provide more information post investigation. Or none of the above! Moo

We have Erin's public Statements, then we have the info disseminated through MSM via 'a friend' of Simon Patterson according to those articles. SP himself has made no public statements as far as I'm aware. It's up to readers IMo to decide what to believe at this point, what to take with half a bowl of salt or to reserve judgement until police provide more information post investigation. Or none of the above! Moo
Absolutely. I think I can only reserve judgement until we know more.

OK, APPRECIATE THE LINKS.
an unnamed 'friend' is the source of all of this?
Thats what I thought....

Outsiders who won't put their name to their statement....aren't all that relevant to me to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper